Poll

Your suggestion...

Is great, please add it!
15 (42.9%)
Is a terrible idea and should be destroyed!
12 (34.3%)
Is good but needs (post) to be great.
4 (11.4%)
Just makes me have no opinion.
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Old CRPG + New CRPG + New Strat = Love <3 (click me)  (Read 1825 times)

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
Re: Old CRPG + New CRPG + New Strat = Love <3 (click me)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 01:19:42 am »
It would be unfair to change the ratio based on how much gold people have.

I don't even want people who are nearly broke of have very little gold to get away with getting free loot because it would be exploited then.

It needs to do the same thing to everyone or self it won't be fair. Someone how is rich before this change will still be rich after it.

So with your idea, the (likely) skilled players, who (likely) have heirlooms and heaps of gold, will now stomp the suddenly poor(er) new and average players, who are desperately trying to catch up.

No thanks. Right now, with most folks wearing medium or better armour and selling loom points for cash, skill is what makes players good.
(click to show/hide)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 12:52:01 pm »
As a long time player I have to say that I dont think this would affect me at all. I dont need to buy any new gear.

This would just hurt the new/newer players and I think that anything along those lines is bad for the mod (less players).

I remember spending weeks to get a full gothic plate set and I remember counting the days until I could get my next item. I even ran around in plate with barefeet so I could afford the cased greaves faster. It was fun for me, and yeah it was a grind but I knew no better and the rate of xp/gold gain was far better than when I first tried crpg and you only got gold/xp for personal kills (iirc?).

I cant really condone making new players go thru this when the majority of current population have had it easy for so long.

Im not against the idea, I just think that this kind of stuff should happen with a *cough*fullwipe*cough*.

But then even with a *cough*fullwipe*cough* doesnt that just postpone the same situation for another time?

Basically what Im saying is I dont think this suggestion should be implimented unless it's hand in hand with consistent wipes and those wipes should be every 1-3 months or something similar (perhaps coinciding with strat wipes?). If this were to happen then I also think heirlooms would need to be re-worked and the whole crpg system even more blah blah blah blahdiddy blah.

If im boring myself by typing it then Im sure you dont wanna read it!

Offline Munchkin9

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 01:20:02 am »
What really need is a way to stop people from constantly using high tier weapons in every fight. only way i can think of is to reimplement a native like system where you can, after a few kills use your better equip.

What I would really preffer is that all possible builds are worth something. but ya...
Chars: Redreg

That's it. Don't like it? Tough.