Poll

Your suggestion...

Is great, please add it!
15 (42.9%)
Is a terrible idea and should be destroyed!
12 (34.3%)
Is good but needs (post) to be great.
4 (11.4%)
Just makes me have no opinion.
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Old CRPG + New CRPG + New Strat = Love <3 (click me)  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Old CRPG + New CRPG + New Strat = Love <3 (click me)
« on: January 03, 2012, 10:42:31 pm »
+2
So I am writing this suggestion as a long time CRPG player who really loved certain aspects of the first crpg, and a big fan of the new crpg and some of its new functions. Warning Text Wall, but worth it...

The suggestion I propose really doesn't change many things about the game itself and how it functions currently, it just helps bridge the two versions together better and makes it have love children with strat also.

So here it is:

First off, gold influx between old and new crpg changed drastically, which in essence really killed the first part of the original crpg, which was just being able to afford the cool gear. What I want to see isn't necessarily a huge grinde for new players, but a return to a similar style where in one day of playing you can't afford to own the best stuff. Part of the fun for me was playing for 2 weeks just to afford weapons and studded leather and thinking that I am now amazing.

Suggestion 1: Divide the amount of gold earned per minute by 10. (At 1x you get 5g per minute)

Suggestion 2: Divide item repair costs by 10. Also add another sub currency of silver that is only used for repairs instead of rounding. With suggestion 1 + 2 it should equal the same gold / upkeep ratio that we currently have.

Suggestion 3: To implement suggestions 1 and 2, we first need to address that a large portion of the player base already has all the items they want and plenty of gold. How we do this so its fair, interesting, and sexy is this:

1) All non heirloomed items will be refunded for full purchase value to the characters gold amount.

2) All heirloomed items will remain exactly the same, and not removed but instead will have their purchase value subtracted from the total gold amount. What this does is compensate for the heirlooms core purchase price, without removing it or calling for a reset of any kind. Players who do not have enough gold on their account to cover the prices of their heirlooms after conversion should be put into a negative amount just until they can recoop that amount for their heirlooms.

3) Steps 1+2 need to be completed prior to the gold conversion process.

4) Gold conversion: A players total gold amount will then be divided by 10, with the remainder that would normally be rounded converted into the silver currency.

Suggestion 4: Now that gold is 1/10th of what it was before, you can now seamlessly implement a straight strategus to crpg gold exchange option that would be at 1-1.

What this will do?

After these steps have happened, players will notice that the costs of everything are exactly the same, but their actual gold amount is 1/10th and they will need to repurchase any non heirloomed items they had before if they still want them. The upkeep to gold influx ratio will be exactly the same it is now.

Now after all this is said and done with, people will have to earn the money to get those big ticket items they want, and have a much similar feel to the original crpg as far as the purchase of equipment goes in that sense.

Please let me know what you think, and feel free to add to what I have put here. Please also keep in mind I tried to figure this out in as fair a way as possible to all players, while also trying to return that original crpg feel to how the equipment was perceived.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
Re: Old CRPG + New CRPG + New Strat = Love <3 (click me)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 11:00:40 pm »
buff catpult and it will be alright.
 :D

(good idea imo)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:41:41 pm »
For those posting they don't like the idea, please elaborate as to why?

Is it the same people who say they liked the old crpg more??? (Lol thats what I am trying to make it more like...)

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »
Sound quite good actually, although if this was implemented I'd like upkeep to be ruduced by 1/12th instead of 1/10th since the high tier gear would be harder to reach in the first place, meaning you'd want to be able to actually wear it now and then.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:59:13 pm »
I really dont know how to feel about this suggestion. So I have a few questions instead:

What stops people from buying their "high tier" items back? If they are given the cost of it (divided by 10) and it still costs a 10th of the before (or does it?).

Are there even any items fourth grinding for? I cant think of any items that you pay the upkeep for (or even earn money with) that is fourth using. Plate armor is obsolete and you can easily pay for an expensive weapon and a medium armor.

I can't really see what's the difference with your suggestion other than the "integration with strat"; in time people will (if not from the start) have the items they wont and then we will be back to where we are now. I feels like a rage friendly item reset.

If you want grind back, which I also miss from time to time, then the best solution would be to increase the upkeep.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 11:31:20 pm »
The item costs wouldn't change after the gold recalculation so items would be initially significantly more expensive.

It was brought forward that with it being so expensive upkeep should be around 1/12th to increase the rate of gold a bit to make the more expensive items more attainable, and thus making them also slightly easier to maintain in upkeep.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 08:38:59 am »
5g per 1 min  too bad for leeching.....
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »
Without database wipes, your idea mean elephants everywhere. If you can afford the best equipment, everyone will do the same. I think the current gold sink is very balanced and you can afford "heavy equipment" only, on high multipliers (x4,x5).

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 05:17:45 pm »
Without database wipes, your idea mean elephants everywhere. If you can afford the best equipment, everyone will do the same. I think the current gold sink is very balanced and you can afford "heavy equipment" only, on high multipliers (x4,x5).

The upkeep ratio is either exactly the same or slightly lower to facilitate the significantly higher initial cost of the gear.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 07:17:40 pm »
What about you keep all loompoints (items are taken but you keep the points to re-loom whatever you want). All gold is taken and depending on how much gold you have you get a gen xp bonus (in addition to your current gen) for every say 200,000 gold you had. Also gen 1 players would get a slightly higher gold % per tick.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:15:43 pm by Lichen »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »
So by level 26 instead of earning 94.6K you instead earn 9,460 gold...

This sounds far too slow.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:11 pm »
You can change the primary numbers to 1/5th if you like, it would depend on the dev team, but as it stands now its far too easy to get enough gold to buy the fancy stuff even when you are gen 1.

All I want to do is bring back the purchase of gear as being the first area of advancement on a character instead of being a small hurtle.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 09:31:50 pm »
You can change the primary numbers to 1/5th if you like, it would depend on the dev team, but as it stands now its far too easy to get enough gold to buy the fancy stuff even when you are gen 1.

All I want to do is bring back the purchase of gear as being the first area of advancement on a character instead of being a small hurtle.
Gear isn't special currently. Everybody can already buy basically everything. Instead of the limiter being the ABILITY to buy something the limiter is now upkeep. It would be great to have buying gear actually mean something and add a sense of prestige/accomplishment. Not going to happen though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:34:31 pm by Lichen »

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 10:56:35 pm »
What about the people who have like 4 mil... even diving by 10 would still leave them with a hefty amount of cash, thats kind of unfair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 11:29:20 pm »
It would be unfair to change the ratio based on how much gold people have.

I don't even want people who are nearly broke of have very little gold to get away with getting free loot because it would be exploited then.

It needs to do the same thing to everyone or self it won't be fair. Someone how is rich before this change will still be rich after it.