Author Topic: Did they change the 2h right swing?  (Read 20652 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Did they change the 2h right swing?
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2012, 02:35:25 am »
Just trying the impossible, to help some of the more educationally challenged, like you douchebag.
Well try reading a book or two ya dumb fuck before showing off your ability to find useless 'information' from wikipedia. Refer to that non article like it's gospel enough times and more 'educated' assholes like yourself will think they have gleaned a tidbit of knowledge. Try quoting a WoW manual next - it will be as valid.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2012, 06:33:15 am »
You could post some rebuttal links supporting your side of the argument? Wiki is full of factual info, especially in something as non-controversial as the effectiveness and purpose of a weapon used hundreds of years ago. It's only unreliable on controversial issues. Just saying "lolol Wiki lies" is retarded.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:49 am »
You could post some rebuttal links supporting your side of the argument? Wiki is full of factual info, especially in something as non-controversial as the effectiveness and purpose of a weapon used hundreds of years ago. It's only unreliable on controversial issues. Just saying "lolol Wiki lies" is retarded.
check the fucking link yourself then.
Then go find some useful link.
It's an unsupported and shitty wiki stub.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2012, 08:01:42 am »
check the fucking link yourself then.
Then go find some useful link.
It's an unsupported and shitty wiki stub.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame-bladed_sword#Flamberge
Make it a better article then. You're apparently bursting with knowledge on this thing, and there are no sources, but a quick google seems to coroborate the gist of it. What books did you read with factual historical info about flamberges? Where did you find a claim that they weren't almost uniquely used as an anti-pike weapon?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2012, 08:17:12 am »
First off, I don't care about the hiltslash really, even though removing it means dumbing down dueling, resulting in a blockfest boredom duel between good players.

Second, you did not only "remove" hiltslash, you also nerfed 2h/pole right swing. That shit is slow, just slow. If I want to hiltslash, I'll just do right-left hiltslash, so what have you achieved, really? Seems this wasn't very well thought out, to be honest.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:19:51 am by Vibe »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2012, 09:47:57 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame-bladed_sword#Flamberge
Make it a better article then. You're apparently bursting with knowledge on this thing, and there are no sources, but a quick google seems to coroborate the gist of it. What books did you read with factual historical info about flamberges? Where did you find a claim that they weren't almost uniquely used as an anti-pike weapon?
Hey thanks for the wikipedia link, so glad you want  to jump in on this, and glad you could confirm it with some jackoff from You Tube who bought one for $50... Pretty sure it was DMG 2nd edition had as useful info as this.

Keep trying to steer away from the horsehit that is this stupid nerf.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2012, 09:56:48 am »
wops , they touched 2hers , yep, At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2012, 10:06:43 am »
Hey thanks for the wikipedia link, so glad you want  to jump in on this, and glad you could confirm it with some jackoff from You Tube who bought one for $50... Pretty sure it was DMG 2nd edition had as useful info as this.

Keep trying to steer away from the horsehit that is this stupid nerf.

Fuck I guess you're too dense to answer simple fucking questions. What are your sources you dumb bastard? Is that clear enough? Or should I just take the word of some butthurt bundle of sticks whining that his favorite toy in a video game got nerfed? Yeah that sounds so much better and objective than a wiki article.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:12:38 am by Oberyn »

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2012, 10:14:40 am »
I use two handed weapons but I don't notice the difference lol

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2012, 01:09:15 pm »
+7
You know what I don't understand? For about one week, no one even noticed the change. Then when the OP made this post and the devs confirmed it, suddenly people started crying how unplayable it is, threatening to respec to polearms (that one's a favorite) or quit.
What happened in the days before the post? Surely if this was such a gamebreaking change people would have noticed it earlier... or was everyone taking a break from cRPG?

Anyway, we thought of a better way to fix hiltslashing that doesn't involve weapon speed reduction. It's slightly harder to implement, but when/if it's done, this nerf will have no more reason to exist.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2012, 01:16:40 pm »
Care to elaborate, signore?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2012, 01:18:15 pm »
+1
Cmp's crusade against two-handed and anything involving skill continues.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Endo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2012, 01:29:40 pm »
The reason I only noticed in the last couple of days is because the right swing now feels laggy/bugged. Not only is the swing slower, it feels like the chamber animation is slower as well and this obviously affects feints and normal attacks. You know when you go to hit someone and your weapon gets stuck in the chambered position until you click again (presumably because of lag)? Well it seems like about 1/10 of my right swings now do that, or if they don't it feels like I'm holding my attacks a fraction of a second longer than intended, which usually ends up in me being hit whenever I try to right swing.

Is it possible the chamber time was changed as well as the swing time, or was that intended?

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2012, 01:29:51 pm »
You know what I don't understand? For about one week, no one even noticed the change. Then when the OP made this post and the devs confirmed it, suddenly people started crying how unplayable it is, threatening to respec to polearms (that one's a favorite) or quit.
What happened in the days before the post? Surely if this was such a gamebreaking change people would have noticed it earlier... or was everyone taking a break from cRPG?

Anyway, we thought of a better way to fix hiltslashing that doesn't involve weapon speed reduction. It's slightly harder to implement, but when/if it's done, this nerf will have no more reason to exist.

I am also surprised, upon using a 2h weapon again (I respecced to see what the hype was about) I noticed the messed up flick at the end of the chamber animation quite quickly. I think if you are going to persist with this change,you may need to tweak the animation a little since currently it looks like the weapon gets stuck.

Is it possible the chamber time was changed as well as the swing time, or was that intended?

Chamber time is the part of the animation that was slowed, if you look closely you will notice a little flick towards the end which makes the change rather obvious.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:32:16 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2012, 01:31:52 pm »
+2
Cmp's crusade against two-handed and anything involving skill continues.

I am saddened that an impartial player like Phyrex, known for having mastered all classes and his versatility in play styles, would think that of me. It definitely means I did something wrong.