Author Topic: CRPG league  (Read 5238 times)

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
Re: CRPG league
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 06:00:58 pm »
+1
when you train you get more skill without having more lvl or looms ^^

i always thought looms shouldn't be in crpg but it brings people to a masterpiece of grinding and neverending goal

imo it just makes some weapons silly op

it's rpg because you build your own char with your own build and stuff, no need for the grinder rewards

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 06:22:08 pm »
the grinder rewards are shit that grants replayability, why would you stick to one char for a year if you had nothing from it?

I mean, fun is one part, but still i like to sell a loom or two to pay for my upkeep, i like to slowly loom all my gear and feel the difference, it really gives you an edge, and if you spend a lot of time, not that you get better by skill, but also by gear, that is ok for me.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 07:11:14 pm »
+2
the grinder rewards are shit that grants replayability, why would you stick to one char for a year if you had nothing from it?

I mean, fun is one part, but still i like to sell a loom or two to pay for my upkeep, i like to slowly loom all my gear and feel the difference, it really gives you an edge, and if you spend a lot of time, not that you get better by skill, but also by gear, that is ok for me.
Exactly. I'd like myself (and everyone else too) to use MY character on which i've been working all this time in tournaments, with MY gear (or some sort of a clan-prefered armor (uniform)+ my weaponry ) . Making a STF char for leagues and tournamets would do exactly that for me- remove the fun element from it.

And also , think about it. Whether it's a league or a tournament, having looms can add a new management clan element to it. Providing your best guys with proper gear etc. I dunno, i think difference in levels and loomed items just adds more depth and challenge to it. Otherwise it's too similar to native, which we can already play anyway.

Shumacher was winning for so long not just because he was the best driver, but also because he had the best cars, management, mechanics etc.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:50:31 pm by Ujin »

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 11:44:26 pm »
+1
I would personally prefer looms to be disabled and just use skip the fun characters, so everyone would have equal oppurtinities and winning would depend on skill instead of grinding.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:38:08 am by Cyber »

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 05:40:30 am »
I once played a browser Game which was called Urban Streets.
It was a Card Game wit thousands of cards and there was a League.

It called ELO
In Elo mode many cards werent usabel too keep it fair
at every second hour was a tournament
and the more games u won the higher was the rank u claimed in the end = Reward

I think this would be perfect for cRPG league
limited weapons/STF(Elo) Chars =cards
daily Tournaments of 1 hour
First mode Duels
second Battel

Duel mode good K/D = good reward
Battel mode good W/L =good reward

also a battel mode where an extra reward winks would be cool for peeps like me always cry bout the incuffient Teamplay at pub servers.

another idea of mine:

too the duel tournament could be added classes
like 2h/1h/pole/shielder/cav/ranged
so a 2h just fights another 2h and so on...
and then make a cut of the best too the middel too the badest of the classes of 1 tournament
so u got 3 Groups of 1 class which represent the skill of each player.
Then u could take these 3 Groups and put all classes togehter for
A: Battel mode
B:Duel mode

U would get based on Skill , balanced and fair Battels/Duels
Duels a hard to balance...and its proabably not work wit this system through the different classes we got....IDK bout that (ranged,cav...)

But i think it would be nice for Tournament BATTELZ which i would like too see....

so imagine U can first have a duel tournament and after that (depends how good u played) u get a ticket for a Battel or for the next Duel tournament which participants r the  best/weakest of their classes.

greetz OD

(Jedi Hand:
 my Grammar is perfect)

of course the reward should be transferabel too ur main Char but Tournament Char needs to be Tournament Char
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:55:37 am by SoA_Sir_ODHarry »
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 11:21:00 am »
I would personally prefer looms to be disabled and just use skip the fun characters, so everyone would have equal oppurtinities and winning would depend on skill instead of grinding.
On last Fallen tournament, the winners had only 3 lordy armors. Imho this is not decisive factor. And remember that STF give only 10k gold...

Also Ujin post +1
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:27:02 am by Kalp »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 03:21:23 pm »

of course the reward should be transferabel too ur main Char but Tournament Char needs to be Tournament Char

What is the reasoning on this? You want to make it fair, yet you want to get advantage by it?

STF tourneys might interest some people, others want the challenge of trying to take out fully loomed group of opponents, why dont you see this? Me, personally, i would not mind playing both STF or main char tourney, even tho i would not like the fact my money is limited so hard and my spec aswell, i am planning on going for lvl 33 spec once i got all looms i want, and i am looking forward to actually enjoy this behemoth spec when i am there.

Tourney/league seems like good idea, but either make it pure STF (with no rewards to main, just showoff of skill/teamwork) or make something for mains, from which the winning team might get something actually, except epeen :)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2253
  • Infamy: 1124
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 03:29:29 pm »
Although I don't play c-rpg atm and I'm not part of the clan I support this idea and I also support only STF chars restriction. It's a league after all, you can show off your loomz in pub battles.

On last Fallen tournament, the winners had only 3 lordy armors. Imho this is not decisive factor. And remember that STF give only 10k gold...

They should raise that amount to 50k, I've already suggested that in the past, no response tho.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:31:02 pm by Leshma »

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 05:25:28 pm »
How about a server where you pay 5k gold per round. 

If you survive you get your cash back and otherwise the money is split between the winning team according to kills

So in a 10v10 round where 2 people survive.  The survivors would get their 5k back and the remaining 90k would be divided according to kills.  So if you got 3 kills, you would get 27k of the 90k pot.   Team kills still count as -1 so would be punished and its not really abuseable as you can't play with 2 chars at once and you can already transfer money between people.

At certain times of the day, the server can be set to duel where it will work exactly the same but winning the duel immediately gets you 10k.

Call it an ELITE server and make it unlockable only for level 30 chars and above.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 06:34:59 pm »
+1
A league is supposed to be fair. No point in giving some players advantages through grinding. Otherwise most of the casuals would have a hard job managing to fight against full heirloomed and lvl 33 players. As said before you can use them in pub battles or whatever, donno, make a grinding league if you please.

STF is just fine with 35-40k.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 06:40:21 pm »
+1
A league is supposed to be fair. No point in giving some players advantages through grinding. Otherwise most of the casuals would have a hard job managing to fight against full heirloomed and lvl 33 players. As said before you can use them in pub battles or whatever, donno, make a grinding league if you please.

STF is just fine with 35-40k.
That's why it's called a league. Progression, climbing up to the top ranks and so on. A league can also have 2 divisions with top 1-2 teams from the second division being transfered up to the premier division after the "season" ends.

Come on people, the STF idea is just so dull in my opinion, i'd lose most of the interest for participating in it myself.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 06:49:59 pm »
progression would only be ok if it was during the league matches only, maybe make it x50 xp during league matches with everyone starting lvl 30 chars with 30k

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 06:50:57 pm »
STF dull and  not realistic, in  life people are different and have different capabilities (physically gifted people or well-trained (high level) and master of combat (skill)).
It's a pity they did not bring shogunat tournament to end, and not perfected the idea, it was interesting.

I would be interested in for tournament (or fight) for cRPG-money rates. The rules as proposed by Shogunate.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:09:42 pm by T_Grellenort »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 07:05:01 pm »
Wanna make it realistic ? Ok, let's make a hardcore league. If your char died during a match it is deleted.

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 07:17:26 pm »
Wanna make it realistic ? Ok, let's make a hardcore league. If your char died during a match it is deleted.
Why torture yourself? Why not just take your favorite character?
Two cockroaches to tear everything except one leg and look what crawls faster - this is your proposal.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:21:57 pm by T_Grellenort »
(click to show/hide)