Author Topic: shame on devs  (Read 6967 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: shame on devs
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2011, 07:51:01 pm »
Gameplay > Story/Content > Graphics; usually how I see it.
Yeah yeah, we've heard this already. We've got the gameplay, what's wrong with improving the graphics if it can be done ?

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2011, 08:14:01 pm »
By all means, I'm just not sure if the engine was built for such modifications or how it'll be handled by the player's individual hardware specs and such.

And obviously I'm going to be biased towards my own opinion, it's when others try to force defense like it's a fact that things get "heated".
And how!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm »
Yeah yeah, we've heard this already. We've got the gameplay, what's wrong with improving the graphics if it can be done ?

Because all those moving components would need to be registered on the server side adding more data and taxing more resources to already sketchy game servers.

Not to mention I would hate to see warband or c-rpg turn into an America's Army type of game where everyone is camping in bushes and shrubbery.

It's like in oblivion or skyrim, do you leave the grass textures all the way up high so you can't see the ground and when you kill someone and they drop a weapon it's basically lost?  Do you really want to search through bushes to pick up an enemies weapons or shields?

If graphics are that important to you, then I'm not sure why you ever got into warband.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:15:09 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2011, 05:27:57 pm »
Because all those moving components would need to be registered on the server side adding more data and taxing more resources to already sketchy game servers.

Not to mention I would hate to see warband or c-rpg turn into an America's Army type of game where everyone is camping in bushes and shrubbery.

It's like in oblivion or skyrim, do you leave the grass textures all the way up high so you can't see the ground and when you kill someone and they drop a weapon it's basically lost?  Do you really want to search through bushes to pick up an enemies weapons or shields?

If graphics are that important to you, then I'm not sure why you ever got into warband.

I've been playing cRPG for 1.5 years now and M&B since the first beta release, so no, graphics are not that important to me, no need to put words in my mouth. However, this is a mod that's constantly progressing gameplay wise  but is not changing graphics-wise whilist the other mods released have decent graphic enhancements that wouldn't hurt in cRPG . I wasn't even talking about the wind n such physics btw.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2011, 05:51:25 pm »
The game is actually not bad looking on highest settings, especially with green maps and sunsets.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2011, 06:53:59 pm »

Say what ?

cRPG can't turn into such game because it already IS much worse then that - instead of sniping from reachable bushes they snipe from unreachable roofs.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2011, 06:59:23 pm »
Gnjus I'm pondering over whether to permaban you retroactively for massive delaying and introducing the camping xbower playstyle.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2011, 07:18:40 pm »
Gnjus I'm pondering over whether to permaban you retroactively for massive delaying and introducing the camping xbower playstyle.

I'd never expect such blasphemy from you.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2011, 09:21:36 pm »
I'd never expect such hypocrisy from you.  :wink:
Fixed.
(jk Thomek  :mrgreen:)
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2011, 01:05:26 am »
So you are saying I actually wouldn't DO IT???

I don't care if I loose admin.. would be great for my RL actually xD I'm just waiting for the right moment.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.