Poll

Which cRPG Mode do you prefer to be hosted?

Defend The Virgin
Siege
Duel
Battle
Capture The Flag

Author Topic: [IL] Ironlegion Thread :: Official Faction Hall's Spam Channel ::  (Read 26805 times)

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
Re: [IL] Ironlegion Clan Thread :: Darkness has begun :: [Recruiting EU]
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2012, 09:25:09 pm »
nooo....of course not....

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2012, 09:32:28 pm »
Question: What was the most "evil" and maybe the badest roman leader called? Rules in Intaly, not in constantinopal. His name was?

EDIT: His name was also the meaning og "Doomsday" in a propechy i cant remember :D

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2012, 10:58:41 pm »
Hmm, I frankly dont know but I can guess. If it happened after the division of the two empires then no idea, if before, i can suggest either Emperor Nero, (most likely him), he was an emperor of beginnings of d.C and gone completely crazy or the famous Domitian, son of Vespasianus. The clue about Doomsday remembers me about the apostle Juan that when Domitian tried to burn him to death in the famous cauldreon, he screamed that day would be the day of the apocalypse. Maybe that rings a bell... Domitian went insane as he believed everyone conspired against him, and even killed his own people, senators that supported him, the Trajanus for example, almost got sentenced by Domitian, later Marcus Trajanus would become emperor after Nerva i think it's called in english? emmitted a principatus adoptio, adopting Trajanus as his son to crush the pretorian rebels in Rome after the assassination of Domitian by his wife Domitian Longuine idk how you say in english (in spanish Domicia Longina)

It could also be Otto the Third, but I'm not sure. I poll for one of thse three, possibly Nero.

Dunno really, should check it out, who was he anyway?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:04:56 pm by Lannistark »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 11:31:09 pm »
It was that scum Nero, who ironicly died of food poisoning  :P

Good work Lannistark!  :o

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2012, 06:38:34 am »
Nero really wasnt that bad. And he commited suicide, atleast thats what I remember. The burning of Rome is just a rumor by christians, cause he burned them alive. He did do alot of good things you know, like made theaters, helped the common folk etc

Nero cant be called a scum, cause there isnt any hard evidence if he was really good or bad. The Senate wanted him dead.....as we all know powerstruggles where quite the common thing during those times. Its said that the people considered him good, but the nobles hated him........Mybe the Senate just made crap up about Nero so they could would have some reason to get rid of him......

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2012, 09:13:22 am »
Thanks for assistance in our battles & upcoming battles. :)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2012, 11:06:25 am »
Thanks for assistance in our battles & upcoming battles. :)

Iron Legion will never miss one good battle :) And if choice is between some crappy village and merciless.... choice is clear.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2012, 12:50:09 pm »
Nero really wasnt that bad. And he commited suicide, atleast thats what I remember. The burning of Rome is just a rumor by christians, cause he burned them alive. He did do alot of good things you know, like made theaters, helped the common folk etc

Nero cant be called a scum, cause there isnt any hard evidence if he was really good or bad. The Senate wanted him dead.....as we all know powerstruggles where quite the common thing during those times. Its said that the people considered him good, but the nobles hated him........Mybe the Senate just made crap up about Nero so they could would have some reason to get rid of him......

According to History Channel Nero murdered / sent assassins to kill some of his co-leaders who were more likely to become the emperor if the current one died before Nero, so Nero did what he thought was the right thing. Nero burned down Rome so he could build his grand buildings, he built a palace thingy for the nobles upon an old slum for the poor, etc etc. :D

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2012, 12:53:15 pm »
almost forgot we are history chanell. :)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2012, 10:36:00 am »

lol you could use some real reading from true historians rather than history book nerd editors, seriously.

1. As Kuoin said, he died from food poisoning. The Senators made sure that that happened, although as Tiber said there is no absolute evidence that happened.

2. He caused the fire in Rome, in the famous persecutions against Christians and Jews. Nero hated specially Christians, he saw them as a plague. Also, check some of Papinio Estacio's Silvas. He clearly mentions the reconstruction of the Bassilica Julia by Domitian in the 90s d.C that was burnt in the terrible fire in Rome. Also to make those buildings like the Domus Aurea etc, yep Kuoin seems to know most of what trully happened.

3. "Nero cant be called a scum" Nero has been considered since the famous fire in Rome, the first true dictator criminal, like Stalin or einstein in Contemporanean Ages. If by killing his own people, causing fires all over his city, and ordering the executions of random Senators due to a terrible paranoia, without giving no shit about the true state of the empire, in danger by the attack of the "Catos" and later to come Decébalo (dunno english name) he cant be called a scum and a criminal, then I guess he was a hero yeah.

4. " but the nobles hated him" | "powerstruggles where quite the common thing during those times". Somewhat true, yet the Senate had absolutely no power in the Emperor Times of Rome. The Senate was something like a King is today in Spain, or in Austria. The Senate had to sign what the Emperor did, but they would never refuse to do so, until Caligula, when they emitted a damnatio memmoriae (think it's spelt). Nobles, more appropiately called "patricians" actually did not hate him as you said, they tried to keep on his good side. Hate was useless, when you knew you could be sentenced to crucifixion at any time. The Senate want him dead, but remained in silence, acting from the shadows. That's when the poisoning came in.
You know poison is quite funny. I remember Trajanus when he was legatus, Domitian would sent poisoned food to him, and Trajanus would know by the slaves looking at him anxiously when he was about to eat. The legend says Trajanus ate with the legionaries shifting the tent each day, so if Domitian wanted him dead he'd had to poison 2 entire legions.  8-) 8-)

5. The Senate emmitted a damnation memmoriae to Nero so I guess he was hated after all by everyone, since a damnatio must be approved by all the "castras" or ancient families of Rome, like the Emilia, Julia, Claudia etc.

Tiber I think your knowledge of Rome is good, but you really need to expand beyond documents printed for mere pedagogic reasons.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:37:27 am by Lannistark »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2012, 09:58:53 pm »
Damn.....this is too much to read. Just gonna ignore that last post completely and put some randomass retarded post. Here is  a cute lemur that has absolutely everything to do with the last post that I did not read :rolleyes:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7EgcetIaI

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2012, 10:47:49 am »
Damn.....this is too much to read. Just gonna ignore that last post completely and put some randomass retarded post. Here is  a cute lemur that has absolutely everything to do with the last post that I did not read :rolleyes:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7EgcetIaI
agreed  nobody read previous post :D  instead i lolled at lemur ^^

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2012, 10:50:50 am »
Yeah, no one pays attention to culture, I understand it. Tiberius tried to own me at history so he just shutted up and said he didn't read post (although i know in the end he read it) when he got owned totally, and susliks is just an ignorant asshole living under a bridge ( a roman bridge would be ironic indeed).

So yeah, I understand that both of you don't pay attention to culture, that's how the world is :P

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2012, 10:57:24 am »
agreed  nobody read previous post :D  instead i lolled at lemur ^^

TO your information I read the whole thing  :mrgreen:

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:28 am »
TO your information I read the whole thing  :mrgreen:
did you watch lemur video?