Author Topic: At fifteen, I had the will to learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ; at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square.  (Read 7307 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
I want to know that too. But not seeing it coming is always more fun. That's how you get the shock and the how and the why. And of course all people die of old age. That's not the point we're discussing, the point is I like being suprised when someone doesn't die of old age.

That said. I still laughed at chadz joke, because I've already read the books.

And I just googled Edward Cullen. Who the fuck cares about some twilight dude.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz

That's why "Columbo" is always entertaining for me. At the beginning they show you who was the murderer, and how he did it, and you know Columbo will get him, but still you watch it because you want to know HOW you get to the end you already know.

But it's done and intended differently. A columbo spoiler would be telling you how he solves the crime.

I think a BBT quote is in order:
Quote from: Sheldon
I'm sorry but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV Series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Yes, I think spoilers are evil. Unless they are in spoiler tags.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
And I just googled Edward Cullen. Who the fuck cares about some twilight dude.

Everyone with women in his life... *sigh*...  :mad:

Perhaps it's my lack of empathy for other people that causes me to feel some kind of ignorance towards the faith of certain fictional characters, and thus making me not bother about being spoilered or not.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Anyway, is CTF dead already? Havent seen people playing it in 2 days. Was that shorter life than DTV? (Bring the old housecamping DTV back!!)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Monkeys!

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Completely off topic, writing from a non-gaming laptop, after 5 Lavov's & 6 Beers (and counting): do people who give + to chadz's posts do that because they agree with him or just out of ass-kissery ? Always wandered that.....:?:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I don't know why people are always so afraid of spoilers.

For me I hate spoilers, especially for a series I particularly like. It lessens the impact and makes you anticipate too much whats going to happen. Its like reading Lord of the Rings (LOTR Spoiler incoming.. but you probably know from seeing the movies) and seeing Gandalf die..in the book theres a huge section between his death and then Gandalf the White and it comes as a genuine surprise to you and the characters due to the way his reintroduction into the story is delivered (he's supposed to be Sarruman IIRC). This is when I read it young anyway, before the movies came out. Its things like these that make stories classics

I even don't like spoilers for mediocre movies, but thats just me I guess.

Hard to avoid spoilers on the internet though I guess. I've been meaning to read Books 2 of GOT for ages now because I wanted to read it before the tv series came out, had it for years but would never get around to it lol. This spoiler might not even take place until way into the books or even the last 1
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
For me I hate spoilers, especially for a series I particularly like. It lessens the impact and makes you anticipate too much whats going to happen. Its like reading Lord of the Rings (LOTR Spoiler incoming.. but you probably know from seeing the movies) and seeing Gandalf die..in the book theres a huge section between his death and then Gandalf the White and it comes as a genuine surprise to you and the characters due to the way his reintroduction into the story is delivered (he's supposed to be Sarruman IIRC). This is when I read it young anyway, before the movies came out. Its things like these that make stories classics

I even don't like spoilers for mediocre movies, but thats just me I guess.

Hard to avoid spoilers on the internet though I guess. I've been meaning to read Books 2 of GOT for ages now because I wanted to read it before the tv series came out, had it for years but would never get around to it lol. This spoiler might not even take place until way into the books or even the last 1
last chapter of last published book, inbetween the red woman warning and reviving him (hopefully)

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

LIBERNATE

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Everyone with women in his life... *sigh*...  :mad:

Back when i was young, Vampires used to suck blood, not dick like today.

Fucking bundle of sticks Vampires.

Couldnt stand a fucking chance against Blade or Dracula.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
chadz, give more XP for Stratagus players, and you'll see the crowds, what this game has not yet seen. XP & Gold is the only motivation for random players/small clans. Is that what you want? I don't know this.

exactly. i still remember the november 2010 pub crawl strat battles with 100k scaled tickets. i did from level 33 to level 39 in 2 battles. something like 9-10 mil xp. oh and guess what? rosters were full every battle.