Author Topic: At fifteen, I had the will to learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ; at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square.  (Read 7299 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Would have appreciated if you actually typed out Game of Thrones..been trying to avoid spoilers. Sighhhhh

I think it's just a fake/troll spoiler anyway.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
They have confirmed that there will be a multiplayer part and that part will be able to mod. So if anyone would put their mind to it there could be a cRPG in MB2. And I read somewhere that it will be released in the late summer.

Source? :P
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
chadz, give more XP for Stratagus players, and you'll see the crowds, what this game has not yet seen. XP & Gold is the only motivation for random players/small clans. Is that what you want? I don't know this.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well, I finished on the first part of A Feast for the Crows. That book is simply not interesting anymore (or just poorly planned, all these additional characters of Dorne etc. aren't as magnetic as Northern counterparts, some characters feel like waste of space to be honest), so far cba to make myself to buy and struggle through the second part.

Thread derailing since 1410.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Unfortunately I must agree with you Tot. While I have a fetish with Cersei that kept me through the 4th book, the constant addition of characters just annoys me to no end now. I DON'T care about the east. Let us concentrate on Westeros shall we?! I was surprisingly long time about reading the 5th book.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
I know many fans felt like you two but personally I think it's great that we get the East and the Ironmen fleshed out; it all adds depth to the ASoIaF universe and overall storyline and you'll soon enough be reaquainted with the original cast in Dance of Dragons. And now when you do and hear of faraway places you'll have a much better understanding of the cities, characters and customs being mentioned. The reader is still following characters like Cercei, Arya, Sam, Jaime and Brienne, and personally I highly enjoy many of the new cast, like Aeron, Euron and Victarion Greyjoy and Prince Doran (where the princess and Aerys don't seem so well-rounded, imo, but they serve their purpose), and I find regions like Dorne, the Iron Islands and the Free Cities really fascinating. Each to his own, of course, I'm just impressed how many high quality cultures and characters George R. R. Martin can breathe life into, almost on a Silmarillion-esque scale and each in many ways more particularized than Tolkien's.

And apologies for off-topic but thread is derp.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:38:49 am by Angantyr »

Offline Wrenaq_Lars

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MonkeyBlade
If that person in GoT dies, someones gonna pay for spoiling it for me grrrrrrrr..:D
But bacck OT, I have recently come back to playing crpg and love it even more, I never got into strat and I dont think I ever will.
The mod does need more types of games I think to keep it fresh so I think we should be trying to come up with new game types.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:03:34 am by Wrenaq_Lars »

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
Yes, thank you for the spoiler, bub, I was unfortunate enough to read it before you removed it and I've only just started on a Dance of Dragons..

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
cool, a Game of Thrones thread in General Discussion.

I think it all depends on the books to come. If Mister M. manage to finish them, and if its going to be as good as I hope, both Feast for crows and Dance of Thargaryens will be seen in a new light. It is a complex story, and for the final books and everyone involved M could not just use characters, people and plots that were not carefully developed and introduced, that would be dull and typical fantasy shit.

yeah and chadz, that was really not funny even if tempting to post ofc.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:48:03 am by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
A guy named Jon_Snow (very unique name indeed) declaring this At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square..
Now I've seen it all.
Where's that JLanister guy when you need him?

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
yeah and chadz, that was really not funny even if tempting to post ofc.

I agree, and I'm sorry. I even thought so was while posting. But in my mind I replaced tempting with irresistable.

I added another spoiler layer so people have to unspoiler twice now :3
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:35:27 pm by chadz »

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
They should put Martins head in a jar when he dies

(click to show/hide)

So he can finish the damned series
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
I don't know why people are always so afraid of spoilers.

I always read the last few pages of a book before starting it. This way I can estimate if it is worth my time or not, and in a few cases I already was right doing so.

Even by knowing how it ends you still can have a lot of fun reading/watching a story. That's why "Columbo" is always entertaining for me. At the beginning they show you who was the murderer, and how he did it, and you know Columbo will get him, but still you watch it because you want to know HOW you get to the end you already know.

The same with this person dying in Game of Thrones. I would like to know how he will die, and why. ALL fictional characters are gonna die one day, one way or the other, but they will. Unless they are some kind of vampire or immortal. And god knows I would offer a blowjob for the person telling me that Edward Cullen is gonna die.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)