Poll

Which faith do you adhere to? (these are in no particular order)

Protestant Christian or Catholicism (christ followers)
135 (24%)
Buddhist or Hinduism
11 (2%)
Islam or Judaism
33 (5.9%)
Baha'i faith/ other cultural religion
3 (0.5%)
Non-Religious (atheist/agnostic)
328 (58.3%)
Wiccan, Voodo, or something else like it (magical discipline)
41 (7.3%)
Gnostic or other religious non-theistic discipline
12 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 561

Author Topic: What Religion are you?  (Read 36216 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: What Religion are you?
« Reply #375 on: March 31, 2016, 01:34:48 pm »
+6
i believe in memes

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2445
  • Infamy: 2963
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 31, 2016, 02:33:07 pm »
+1
In case you being an atheist, will you convert/join religion when the time comes? To cover all options you know, in case bullshit they preach has any merit. Won't hurt you the slightest bit, if you really don't believe in God you know there's nothing after you die so being principal about things is stupid anyway. No one will care about your personal belief after you drop the bucket, you have only tiny chances to gain something. That's what smart person would do.

Yeah, cause it's basically a quote from The god delusion by Richard Dawkins  :wink: Still +1  :wink:

That prick will be first to take Jesus Savior into his heart on deathbed. Mark my words. Only communists were brainwashed strong enough to be buried without them earning money for nothing robe wearing child molestors.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #377 on: March 31, 2016, 02:54:48 pm »
In case you being an atheist, will you convert/join religion when the time comes? To cover all options you know, in case bullshit they preach has any merit. Won't hurt you the slightest bit, if you really don't believe in God you know there's nothing after you die so being principal about things is stupid anyway. No one will care about your personal belief after you drop the bucket, you have only tiny chances to gain something. That's what smart person would do.

I doubt it. My grandfather is 70 and he is a solid atheist, I don't know, maybe you get bored of life when you reach that age. I find it weird too.

Only communists were brainwashed strong enough to be buried without them earning money for nothing robe wearing child molestors.

Well, yeah he is also a commie D:

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 31, 2016, 02:56:22 pm »
+1
That prick will be first to take Jesus Savior into his heart on deathbed. Mark my words. Only communists were brainwashed strong enough to be buried without them earning money for nothing robe wearing child molestors.

Dunno about the rest, but he's kind of a ..., I agree  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2016, 03:21:16 pm »
+1
   An atheist can be considered agnostic if you force him to make proper logic reasoning, whereas he'll acknowledge that in fact you can't prove the existence or not of such entities. But in the end of the day his urge to deny such existence will always make of him an atheist, disregard the previous event, abandoning the mentioned logic train of thought.

Other than that, I believe it's pretty hypocritical to promptly deny the possibility of existence of such entities (atheism) with all the limitations we have to prove such, where the counterpart (theism), so far, is merely delusional, the perfect "scapegoat" when one cannot cope with reality and the fact that shit indeed tend to happen, there's a paraphernalia of events that can be triggered by chance, and this very definition scares the shit out of a "believer".

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2016, 05:17:27 pm »
+1
   An atheist can be considered agnostic if you force him to make proper logic reasoning, whereas he'll acknowledge that in fact you can't prove the existence or not of such entities. But in the end of the day his urge to deny such existence will always make of him an atheist, disregard the previous event, abandoning the mentioned logic train of thought.

Other than that, I believe it's pretty hypocritical to promptly deny the possibility of existence of such entities (atheism) with all the limitations we have to prove such, where the counterpart (theism), so far, is merely delusional, the perfect "scapegoat" when one cannot cope with reality and the fact that shit indeed tend to happen, there's a paraphernalia of events that can be triggered by chance, and this very definition scares the shit out of a "believer".

(I'm jumping in without reading all the posts, this might have been said before)

Agnostic deals with "knowing" it has its roots in: "a"(meaning: not) and "gnosis"(meaning: knowing)

Atheist is "just" a statement of what you are not: "a"(not) and "theist"(meaning: Practitioner of a religion that claims one or more supernatural entities exists that interacts with humans and/or the natural world)

Which would mean:
Answering the question "What religion are you?" with "Atheist"
is similar to
Answering the question "Which football team do you support?" with "None"

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2016, 05:28:54 pm »
Was replying to one of kratos posts.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2016, 06:19:42 pm »

Atheism: a lack of belief that god exists. No atheist "promptly denies the possibility of a godlike creature." Seriously, someone show me an atheist who does. I'm sure there'll be plenty of examples on the internet if they're not unicorns.

But there aren't any examples. It'd take a mentally ill person, and then that'd be the fault of that mental illness, not atheism.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2016, 06:32:35 pm »
Atheism: a lack of belief that god exists. No atheist "promptly denies the possibility of a godlike creature." Seriously, someone show me an atheist who does. I'm sure there'll be plenty of examples on the internet if they're not unicorns.

But there aren't any examples. It'd take a mentally ill person, and then that'd be the fault of that mental illness, not atheism.

I had a few friends who said that it's impossible for a god to exist. Other than that, I can't show you "examples on the internet" because I don't follow celebrities and other famous or well-known people.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2016, 08:16:26 pm »
I had a few friends who said that it's impossible for a god to exist. Other than that, I can't show you "examples on the internet" because I don't follow celebrities and other famous or well-known people.
Why did they claim it was impossible?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:48 pm »
Why did they claim it was impossible?
One said that "before the beginning of the universe, there was no time for a god to exist". He was really smart, so I just left the topic or he'd start throwing even more smart words at my dull head.
The other one was your typical fedora atheist. He kept saying that there's absolutely no reason for anything supernatural to exist because, after all, such things are creations of mankind, not the other way around. But he was also raised by strict, catholic parents, so he might have been a little traumatized.

Rectum id bellum est coitus non.
An anus that hurts won't let a dick in.
                               -Socrates, 420 AD

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 31, 2016, 09:26:53 pm »
Impossibility is a misnomer. As an atheist I'd rather argue that despite certainty and impossibility being concepts foreign to the world I live in, I'm still going to live my life according to my atheistic assumptions.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 31, 2016, 10:31:43 pm »
One said that "before the beginning of the universe, there was no time for a god to exist". He was really smart, so I just left the topic or he'd start throwing even more smart words at my dull head.
The other one was your typical fedora atheist. He kept saying that there's absolutely no reason for anything supernatural to exist because, after all, such things are creations of mankind, not the other way around. But he was also raised by strict, catholic parents, so he might have been a little traumatized.

Rectum id bellum est coitus non.
An anus that hurts won't let a dick in.
                               -Socrates, 420 AD
Neither of the things they said means they were the atheists I asked examples of. You didn't ask enough questions to find the true position of the first one, and the second says "there's no reason", not "it's impossible for anything godlike to exist", according to you.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2016, 12:47:43 am »
I am pretty sure none of you agnostics use the methodology and standards you have used for the god hypothesis to decide your position on any other questions.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 01, 2016, 01:00:37 am »
+2
I am pretty sure none of you agnostics use the methodology and standards you have used for the god hypothesis to decide your position on any other questions.
Yes, because things would get real silly real fast if they did. "There is no money in my wallet, but I'm not necessarily saying that means the money doesn't exist, we just can't know that for sure, I keep an open mind, I'm prepared to face the fact that there is money in my wallet" and so on, ad infinitum. People just say "there's no money in my wallet", and yet there are no hipsters going "OMG BUT YOU CANT KNOW THAT FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM WALLET MONEY AGNOSTIC!!!!!!!"
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.