Author Topic: When will you finally take out retarded things like jump-poking with pikes etc?  (Read 5897 times)

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
+2
just remove any jump+ action for all classes..
This. Cavalry can be killed anyway by cutting down the horse, and it removes one retard-method of fighting in general.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
+1

This one!   +1 +1 +1 +1

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
This. Cavalry can be killed anyway by cutting down the horse, and it removes one retard-method of fighting in general.

And when its removed next whines come marching in: "archers arent reachable anymore", "cav cant be killed on horse", "I cant jump just for the lolz" ... Just so leave it as it is, its fine.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Waylit

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: chinaserf1
+4
THE REASON that people jump stab is because spinning around the down block is all that a Pike/LS can do.  Spears have the ability to poke high/overhand, and this needs to be reflected in the game for realistic pike play.  Because yeah, otherwise people will do whatever unrealistic shit the game allows in order to get the hits.  But three pikemen should not be completely stymied by one man blocking down.

Give the Pike/LS an alternate weapon mode where the animation becomes an overhand poke, blocked by an Up Block, so that two pikemen in a team can use their weapons like a pike team would.  Not like a mythical Shaolin Pike Master would.  Hell, give them this mode and take away any Pike/LS attacks while jumping and I'd be completely happy.

This one!   +1 +1 +1 +1

Many maps have features that would require jumping.  What are we going to do, make wooden fences impassible barriers to infantry?

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
Give the Pike/LS an alternate weapon mode where the animation becomes an overhand poke, blocked by an Up Block, so that two pikemen in a team can use their weapons like a pike team would.  Not like a mythical Shaolin Pike Master would.  Hell, give them this mode and take away any Pike/LS attacks while jumping and I'd be completely happy.

I'd love this for a lot of polearms when used in two hands, but especially for pikes. Could for example give the bec and halberds and stuff a secondary mode that is underhand and overhand thrusts, and the primary mode being as it is now. Sometimes you just want to keep people away with the pointy end, and it's very useful for narrow places.

Offline AreTreble

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Aretes
It is a bit unrealistic to enter what you think will be a medieval battle, only to see pikemen doing 360 ballet spins with pikes... (wtf? am I playing Mount & Ballerina?) That said, removing the "feature" would prevent  pikers from fighting anyone who isn't just holding down block the entire time (also unrealistic).

Thus, +1 remove pike spinning
+1 to the add high thrust and make the weapon harder to feign-attack (unbalanced, right?)

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
its very hard to feint with thrust if you are close to your opponent, it just register as a block.. but the jump hit is just retarded, and i almost never used  it, even i play with pike for very long time..

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Well you can do the 360 spinthrust and its weird.
But seriously players came up to a point of chambers and chamber blocking etc, then why the fuck cant you down block you know they can do the spin by now and you know they wil do it then just dont spam its fighting an one direction weapon how hard can it be?
And most of the times i outspeed my enemy before then can do the fuckin pike wiggle sooo....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Why is polearm thrust so much faster then 1h thrust?

Pikes were usually anchored into the ground with the foot and used for infantry and cavalry to jam into it.

Not jump 360 spin stabs which are physically impossible with human abilities.

Pole vaulting argument is stupid, its a flexible pole that weighs like 1/10th of a polearm weapon and doesn't defy the laws of physics. (Ie spinning in the air, stopping magically, and thrusting)

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
No jumping while the spear is 'cocked'?

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline _Vlt_CnC_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legio Italica
  • Game nicks: Sultan_Of_Swing

+1

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Because, in idle, it is already half-ready for thrust.

Btw, lets not look at the realism only from one point of view. This game is not about 100% realism, and I accept that, even though that I wish it was other way around.

Problem with pikes and long spears is that it encourages teamplay, and average player can hardly go rambo against a combo of a piker and a 2h guy.

If you want realism, please explain to me how shielders can withstand so many hits to their shield by a Great Long Axe and not break their arm? How can archers shoot so many arrows without getting tired? Same goes for melee guys.

Well... as long as were happy with something that is against the laws of physics (jumping straight up, then spinning/changing direction at any speed you like while in the air) then that's fine by me.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Why is polearm thrust so much faster then 1h thrust?

Pikes were usually anchored into the ground with the foot and used for infantry and cavalry to jam into it.

Not jump 360 spin stabs which are physically impossible with human abilities.

Pole vaulting argument is stupid, its a flexible pole that weighs like 1/10th of a polearm weapon and doesn't defy the laws of physics. (Ie spinning in the air, stopping magically, and thrusting)

When you allow pikes and spears and shields to be braced off the ground then we discuss basing anything in the mod off of realism.  Just allow weapons to have static damage built into them without having to swing them would be nice (i.e. if a horseman runs into a lance that's not being thrusted, but still hits the lance tip it should do damage). 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Many maps have features that would require jumping.  What are we going to do, make wooden fences impassible barriers to infantry?

He said take out jump+ action not just jump, there. Kind of how it is in Mount and Musket I'd imagine.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Realistically you would divert the stab with the point facing down and it moving across your body, following by a very fast overhand swing. (Done in a single motion)

Its a very easy and effective technique that works on any weapon that is trying to stab you. Visually the animation looks wrong to block a stab but in reality the technique I mentioned would make short work of any spear type weapon thrusting.