Poll

What would you like to play?

Classic cRPG
153 (39.8%)
New cRPG
231 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 383

Voting closed: December 24, 2011, 03:08:12 pm

Author Topic: Classic vs New cRPG  (Read 15997 times)

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Re: Classic vs New cRPG
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 12:24:49 am »
How come I had Full Transitional Set with Vaegir war mask, steel shield, long espada, heavy lance and a Destrier with Gen2 and lvl 30 again like a month or two before Upkeep patch then?

I was a Casual Player back at that time.Ping was good mostly on EU and such, too, only problem was if there were 200 or more people.I only started to block decently about two months before upkeep patch with practising on Duel servers.Back then when almost nobody feinted or used all those fancy tactics like hiltslashing, just plain old Strike and block games for Minutes, going on and on.

It wasnt hard to save up money at all in classic cRPG.It just took time.
And what would be your definition of a casual player?
For me, it is roughly 8 hours a week, mostly on the weekends. And I did not enjoy the time spent on the old cRPG, at all.

Also, I believe we are not on the same timeline as we played, if the upkeep patch is roughly the start of 2011, I played cRPG during the summer of 2010 if I remembered correctly. Have only came back to cRPG since the date I registered on this forum.

And was quite satisfied with the change.

Edit: I have completely forgotten when I started cRPG, I shall check my receipt of purchase on Warband key, because that was when I decided to pay for warband so that I can play cRPG.

Edit 2: I purchased it on August 2nd, 2010, so that's when I started cRPG.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:09:52 am by Kenji »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 01:21:35 am »
There's a whole thread about this already.

You missed posting this in every other thread before this one.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 01:44:09 am »
Old with new anim bow or cut damage on them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 02:29:24 am »
+1

archers/xbower had to be closer to the front where melee was fighting so it was easier to catch and kill them especially with your 9-10 athletics ninja shielder

Hey i think that was me !  actually in the end i had 12 athletics  i was pushing it to see if the rumors that beyond 10 you would get a increase in running  :D

i used to flank in the old system and still got a great share of the xp and slaughtered thousands of archers !

good times when archers tried to run... but couldn't 

actually in those times archers were real men and fought back  :lol:

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 02:57:27 am »
Hey i think that was me !  actually in the end i had 12 athletics  i was pushing it to see if the rumors that beyond 10 you would get a increase in running  :D

i used to flank in the old system and still got a great share of the xp and slaughtered thousands of archers !

good times when archers tried to run... but couldn't 

actually in those times archers were real men and fought back   :lol:

Yeah, i remembered Robin_Longstride pulling a flamberge out of his crotch when you got to close to him shooting arrows.  Good times.  I had 14 athleticas near the end, but I am really looking forward to me and everyone starting as peasants and it taking 4 months minimum before anything like that is possible (unless you go 3-42 and convert all your points to agility and get up to level 35 (which back then would be equivalenet o getting to level 32 or halfway to 33 now).  BUt that was part of the fun, so many people had unique and original builds and the plethora of diversity was awesome.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline JihadistMexican

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
  • God Bless
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Gay One
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 03:18:23 am »
+3
Maaannn ya'll dun remember the REAL classic days... Warband Beta was the Golden Days
"I know were gona lose strat, but lets leech all the xp we can."

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 03:32:02 am »
+1
Maaannn ya'll dun remember the REAL classic days... Warband Beta was the Golden Days

Too fucking bad we're talking about cRPG and not Shitband.

Offline JihadistMexican

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
  • God Bless
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Gay One
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 04:34:16 am »
+1
Too fucking bad we're talking about cRPG and not Shitband.

Do I sense... rage?
"I know were gona lose strat, but lets leech all the xp we can."

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 04:58:33 am »
+2
when i started playing crpg it was the old one it was so much fun
now i just play because i am addicted thats it
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 05:02:13 am »
+1
when i started playing crpg it was the old one it was so much fun
now i just play because i am addicted thats it

this

Offline t1337Dude

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 05:21:57 am »
Old cRPG sucked. All we have is just a bunch of people basking in nostalgia and longing for their overpowered characters.

cRPG is still hell of a lot of fun as it is, and I honestly prefer how it is now.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 07:07:16 am »
+1
I never had an "OP" char. I never got beyond level 31. I had a once loomed sword, and two once loomed polearms. I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Fights were fast. People had more WPF, so it wasn't the slow-paced manual block extravaganza that is now. People had recognizable gearsets because once you saved up for your dream armor, chances were that you wore it for a very long time. Peasanthood was actually something enjoyable instead of being the 3 rounds that you spend autowalking into enemies. People's builds were all over the place, like Seductive Susie who had 3 or 6, I don't remember which, and a ton of Agi for weapon master. No looms or anything like that, but she could still fire her bow like a machine gun.

I could go on with what I liked about that period of time, but I think you can all see where I'm going with this.

Offline naked_mike

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2011, 07:12:02 am »
I miss some aspects of the old CRPG, but I really enjoy the upkeep, sexier new website, and the slot system.  I liked the difficulty in making money and buying needed equipment in classic CRPG.  What I wish for is a lengthening of needed time/effort put in to earn top-tier gear, bonuses for killing enemy players (or being nearby when it happens, because more than likely you helped if you're nearby), increased difficulty to ride horses, and more incentive to play as infantry.

I agree about the change of attitude, but the overall tone of many players since I started playing are abysmally negative.  Now I feel the playerbase is a bit more serious, with less tolerance for dicking around.  I like that.

I think I began playing CRPG in 2009, or maybe early to mid 2010.  I was unable to play for a year, beginning late 2010, so when I returned I experienced all of the changes at once.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2011, 08:46:53 am »
And what would be your definition of a casual player?

1-2 hour a day on average.Meaning somedays not at all and some more, but always not too much.

I have no Idea when I began playing it, though tbh.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Nurax

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Blah...
  • Game nicks: Hiragano
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2011, 11:46:25 am »
+1
To be honest, it was the hard work getting exp and gold and items what I loved most