Author Topic: Unban request  (Read 560 times)

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
Unban request
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:16 am »
Hi,

I have been banned from the EU_5 server on the December 10 this weekend.

There was some rules I didn't know the existence of on the forum that I checked. I was deceived to see that the fact of being kicked out of game was a message to say something was really going wrong, because I would have checked for sure knowing that. I don't know if you gave me a warning ingame, or didn't, but I am not always in front of the computer when I am dead.

I have seen that one rule is to stay in front of the computer while playing and not even going to the washroom. I didn't know that rule and sometimes my character was staying on the spectator mode for a while and not in the players. I have also missed many rounds by staying in the team without spawning, as I am doing many things at the same time: I compose music while playing and sometimes get more inspired so I let the computer go alone for a while, or sometimes I forget as I didn't think it would be a rule to quit every time you leave to the spectator mode, as leaving brings the multiplier to x1. I thought the rules were more tolerant about this, as I would personally be.

Even if I'm playing with light armor, there are a few strategies that I enjoy and make the game less previsible and fun to move fast. My strategy to still be able to help while having low equipment are a few: running after archers and hitting them on the head, still making kills this way, or finding a 2 handed weapons most of the time heirloomed on the ground. I can have a great speed and still make many kills, I sometimes make more kills because of the speed than with my heirloomed kit. Also, I like running in the croud of enemies with a very fast running character (7-8 athletics with lightest armor) and swing every one and block some attacks, so that people will teamkill each other and waste time by splitting up to run after me. A very cheap equipment makes also more challenge, and every kill I do this way (which there are) are more satisfying.

I was never banned before and this ban seem to be lasting for more than 48 hours. Could you please explain a little more?

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:13:26 am by Nyalan »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: Unban request
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:22:35 am »
You were banned by Mustikki for leeching (as you round-about stated) and the unban date is set for;

24/12/2011 at 22:00:22.

There is no rule about going into spectate and staying there, sure on high traffic times you'll likely get kicked in favour of letting people who will play, play but that wouldn't consist of a ban. What I believe this was for was because you left you character standing around after spawning and doing nothing, this leads a lot of people to believe that you are leeching and your story does say that this would have happened a lot, and that is against the rules.

Mustikki will give you a full verdict but the above is what I can tell you about the situation.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:18:56 pm by Tennenoth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:38:24 pm »
You has been banned for multiple suicide runs naked (or tunic) only wearing a club as a weapon.

-------------------
Also for my low cost equipment: I am using very light equipment and armor or no armor at all for almost nothing to repair as the costs on the marketplace have attained incredibly high costs and I absolutely want some plate mittens or heavy gauntlets heirloomed before playing in group.

This is exactly why you got banned. You are leeching, not contributing for your team anything.
And i have witnessed you doing that a lot in EU servers with 124 ping, you are from US?

I need the Haubergeon armor or some else that I would buy and then sell my old nerfed useless armor that I cannot trade as less useful with the new weights, so getting cash as fast as possible is a solution I have found.

So you are speaking of heirloomed armor here?
This is totally false perspective here. You don't need them, you may play just fine with normal gear there, like everyone else.

----------------------------

Read through the Server Rules and if you accept to follow them, i will unban you.

One more thing, you need to learn to enjoy the games now, not when you have grinded this or that mighty uber flamberge of doom.

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 04:45:48 am »
Agreed and checked
Still, I didn't know the existence of these rules since this week, so it was important I took knowledge of them.

Please tell me if it is prohibed to play with a low cost equipment, as I still like to take other player's weapon and when there are a lot of people ingame (which there are more in EU), it is easier to. I do like to play with a certain kit that is cheap (9 head armor, 9 body and 4 leg) but still defends a little. I like the look and the speed. I don't intend to always spawn with the cheapest weapon, and I do pick weapons on the ground.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:25:24 pm by Nyalan »

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:06:17 pm »
It is ok to spawn with the gear you choose, as long as there is gear on you.
But you need to actually play the game, not like vicious played, but like rest of the players.

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 01:08:50 am »
Thanks