Author Topic: GOOD FPS/ping, BAD weapon animation  (Read 5282 times)

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Redgrave
Re: GOOD FPS/ping, BAD weapon animation
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 04:17:44 pm »
Way to admit you're wrong, buddy ;)

You are the perfect example of why I usually choose not to post on most public forums.
There is always someone with little to no knowledge on the subject, unwilling to admit their mistakes, unable to comprehend concepts and worst of all a image reaction user on a forum.
Your e-cred means nothing when the discussion isnt even related to the game.
For what its worth you can keep thinking whatever you will, I dont care wether or not you choose remain ignorant and  I really dont know why I posted in the first place since I was doomed to be swarmed with morons who hold myths as factual truth.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 04:19:46 pm »
I am glad to hear that I keep slightly retarded people out of the forums that take what is written on Wikipedia as gospel without bothering to think more about it or that the subject matter may have more than one level of complexity. Thanks for playing, good sir.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Perceval

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 04:20:31 pm »
You're both right.
if you have vsync on, anything above your monitor refresh rate will never show up on the screen.
you need to have vsync off, then you'll get see the difference, which can be a huge advantage if your pc manages to render 200 fps.

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 04:24:53 pm »
I am glad to hear that I keep slightly retarded people out of the forums that take what is written on Wikipedia as gospel without bothering to think more about it or that the subject matter may have more than one level of complexity. Thanks for playing, good sir.

Where did I once say that what is written on wiki is undoubtably correct? It includes entry level stuff for most all subjects, perfect for you.
If you care to use personal insults then I could refer to your discussion with Bane, your primitve understanding of things shines through.
oh and to play along
UMADUMADUMAD

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 04:29:29 pm »
Since you referred me to Wikipedia articles that only explain two different concepts, not how they interact with eachother. I am also pleased to announce that in fact I did not verily insult you, and even if I did, you STARTED IT!!! And I might just tell the internet teacher that.

You could refer me to my discussion with Bane but that wouldn't do much, because I am quite aware I had that discussion (although he didn't reply to my hypothesis about how I imagine group dynamics would've worked, but oh well.) Unless you want to pick up the subject and point out how my understanding of it is primitive, of course.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 04:35:19 pm »
Since you referred me to Wikipedia articles that only explain two different concepts, not how they interact with eachother. I am also pleased to announce that in fact I did not verily insult you, and even if I did, you STARTED IT!!! And I might just tell the internet teacher that.

You could refer me to my discussion with Bane but that wouldn't do much, because I am quite aware I had that discussion (although he didn't reply to my hypothesis about how I imagine group dynamics would've worked, but oh well.) Unless you want to pick up the subject and point out how my understanding of it is primitive, of course.

I referred to wiki articles because they usually have some basic intro stuff. Once again: If you understand both concepts, you should have no problem seeing how they interact. Also, using "verily" automatically indicates that you are a my old friend that attempts to be classy.

Yes, bringing that up wont do much just like calling me a retard wont do. Id rather not begin discussing that subject with you because I do not care about you or what you think in the slightest.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 04:39:45 pm »
You know, Fraemi, saying stuff like "If you understand both concepts, you should have no problem seeing how they interact" doesn't automagically make your point correct. I know how they interact, but you're trying to claim something different. Also, you verily fail.

Ahh, I see. :D Your attempt at insulting me has been noted, though you backed down too easily for it to be effective, old chap. Next time, try having a back-up plan if your bluff is called.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 04:46:00 pm »
You know, Fraemi, saying stuff like "If you understand both concepts, you should have no problem seeing how they interact" doesn't automagically make your point correct. I know how they interact, but you're trying to claim something different. Also, you verily fail.

Ahh, I see. :D Your attempt at insulting me has been noted, though you backed down too easily for it to be effective, old chap. Next time, try having a back-up plan if your bluff is called.

It doesnt the claim automatically (very classy wordplay right there btw, bravo) correct if my claim cannot be logically deduced otherwise, however it can.
My attempt at insulting you was never meant to be taken seriously, only as a comparison to see how foolish you look when you do so and how irrelevant it is.
Also, calling you out on your frankly ideas that were on the level of a "brooding-outcast-15-yearold" (which might not be far from truth) is more efficent than calling someone a retard.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 04:52:00 pm »
It doesnt the claim automatically (very classy wordplay right there btw, bravo) correct if my claim cannot be logically deduced otherwise, however it can.
My attempt at insulting you was never meant to be taken seriously, only as a comparison to see how foolish you look when you do so and how irrelevant it is.
Also, calling you out on your frankly ideas that were on the level of a "brooding-outcast-15-yearold" (which might not be far from truth) is more efficent than calling someone a retard.

Thankyou, I'm quite proud of it myself. Automagically, heh heh.

And, well, not really. See, you can call someone a retard just like that. But if you try to insult me like you did, then you'd actually have to, y'know, back it up. But when you're called on it, you back up with "oh i don't really care." So I would advice sticking to more common insults.

Hertz.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 04:56:18 pm »
Thankyou, I'm quite proud of it myself. Automagically, heh heh.

And, well, not really. See, you can call someone a retard just like that. But if you try to insult me like you did, then you'd actually have to, y'know, back it up. But when you're called on it, you back up with "oh i don't really care." So I would advice sticking to more common insults.

Hertz.

Y'know, I cant bear myself to go through the ramblings that seem like put there by a person with seemingly little first hand knowledge about social interaction and little indepth understanding of it, Bane finely enough responded to you.

Also, I demand my awesome point back, scumbag.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 05:08:59 pm »
I'm pleased with how this thread turned out, thank you guys.

Also, Fraemi did you actually read what you linked?  :wink:

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 05:10:58 pm »

Also, Fraemi did you actually read what you linked?  :wink:

Skimmed over it because I have studied it in uni. Note that I didnt say that those 2 were absolute.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »
I know no tweak that can give me a "consistent" FPS/ping, there is always up&down. Already tried to close every app and antivir before playing and it doesnt always help... Sometimes it clearly seems random.

I play with "28% perf", setting everything to maximum, and FPS don't even change by one when compared to minimum settings.

Having from time to time a bad ping yourself will likely cause those issues by itself, for you and others.

Im pretty close to your report about the ratio perf/FPS, but I really did see a difference after unchecking "load texture on demand".

And your post about ping/packet loss and such was a theory I was thinking out myself but I though under 100ping everything should be good. Might try to look at it with my ISP.

Apart ping and FPS problems, is there a link between the game itself and bad playing performance? Is there players with, say, 50 consistent ping and 100+FPS that experience this kind of weapon animation problem very often?

Same here :lol:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:48:40 pm by Butan »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 10:27:52 pm »
I know no tweak that can give me a "consistent" FPS/ping, there is always up&down. Already tried to close every app and antivir before playing and it doesnt always help... Sometimes it clearly seems random.

Im pretty close to your report about the ratio perf/FPS, but I really did see a difference after unchecking "load texture on demand".

And your post about ping/packet loss and such was a theory I was thinking out myself but I though under 100ping everything should be good. Might try to look at it with my ISP.

Apart ping and FPS problems, is there a link between the game itself and bad playing performance? Is there players with, say, 50 consistent ping and 100+FPS that experience this kind of weapon animation problem very often?

Same here :lol:

Ho yes, "load textures on demand", well I wasn't taking it to be part of graphic options (because it's not integrated in the "performance" estimation). It's needed for heavy mods, but not for cRPG, because the number of textures is roughly the same in Native, and it's multiplayer (you need good perf).

Concerning having issues with 50 "consistent" ping... well you can't call any ping as "consistent". If the server has to handle a big amount of number crunching in a short time window, things will allways go a little crazy. I had an average of 9 ping (and needless to say, extremely stable) when the EU4 server was located near Brussels, and still had "wtf how is that sword that long" problems. Less than now, but still from time to time. This wasn't related to my ping, but to the amount of people connected and their ping.

What server are you playing on ? Maybe the rig is a little to thin to handle many players.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 09:33:27 am »
In my Counter Strike Source times I learned that the frames per second should match refresh rate of the monitor or beeing a mulitplier of it.

e.g.: 60 Hz - 60 fps, 120 fps, 180 fps etc.
        75 Hz - 75 fps, 150 fps, 225 fps etc.

I am playing with 60 Hz and 60 fps on high settings and I get 60 fps almost constantly, but honestly I have no idea if there is any noticeable impact..

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:36:07 am by NuberT »