Author Topic: Fix siege's BALANCE discussion  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Fix siege's BALANCE discussion
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 11:00:38 am »
+1
Delete siege, bring out new game modes, problem solved.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 11:30:54 am »
           I am just posting it out of the kindness of my heart so don't get me wrong. Siege has some major issues in the way it's balanced in my opinion.

Firstly and mainly. Getting a multiplier in siege is a hassle the way it's setup is mixed with banner,k/d and other balances like battle,but it team swaps every round,almost. Sometimes your on attackers or defenders more or less but my point is the team swapping is throwing it off balance. I can't hold more then a x2 85% of the time. It swaps me in unbalanced maps that cause me to loose money and multipliers the instant I get them. I think it should be setup more like battle where once your balanced after the first round you will "most likely" be on the team your put in the rest of the map.

Argument. I know some one is going to say it."It is setup like that for balance." But how would you know what is balanced or not if it has been the same since I can remember.

Feel free to post your feelings and trollings. I am not all right,in everything I said,but it is a pain in the ass dealing with the redundant of a game I so cherish.
+1, actually i made a similar thread earlier this year. It feels impossible to achieve something in siege (without clan), so I almost stopped playing it. Only thing that worked better pre-january patch, IMO. The constant switching is stupid, and i would rather accept to play a whole map on the looser team then this.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 11:35:01 am »
The biggest problem that ruins multipliers on siege, IMHO, is the way destructables are bugged (low HP) on first round, which almost always means an easy/auto win for attackers.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 11:38:08 am »
I love siege, but there is no good way to make maps for it. The game mode is flawed in every way (that's why people more or less have given up on making maps for it).
Monkeys!

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 01:30:19 pm »
I'm wondering if the Stronghold system can be used as a map designer for Siege...
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 01:36:53 pm »
Pfffft. Siege Rocks, I only play siege. Capture the flag beats deathmatch in any game, as it does in this one. Balance is perfectly fine. 1st round you get randomly assigned, thus not in the same team as your clanmates, after that you (mostly) get put in the same team as your clan then you can play an organised att/def.

People whining about balance, join a clan that actually knows how to work together and play siege at a decent level. Plenty of those clans around (HRE, Greys, DRZ, ANT, Union etc etc.) If you dont want this, dont whine about them winning cuz they work as a team.

(click to show/hide)

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 08:13:30 pm »
+1, actually i made a similar thread earlier this year. It feels impossible to achieve something in siege (without clan), so I almost stopped playing it. Only thing that worked better pre-january patch, IMO. The constant switching is stupid, and i would rather accept to play a whole map on the looser team then this.

I agree I would rather loose the whole game with 1x on one side then team swap with 1x. Because eventually sooner then later your going to get a fatty 5x for a map or more. And That is better then maybe getting it once a day. Where in battle I get 5x all the time.

Oh and you people that are going to say oh I get 5x all the time. It's luck dude and math science so shove it before you say it..served.

Door bug I did not know this until now. How much weaker,and why is this not fixed after all these years? ROBOT HOUSE!!!!! I mean TALEWORLDS!!!! I mean chadz!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:15:06 pm by Tacticalhl »
Devilize vrs. MacLeod
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 09:00:00 pm »
I agree I would rather loose the whole game with 1x on one side then team swap with 1x. Because eventually sooner then later your going to get a fatty 5x for a map or more. And That is better then maybe getting it once a day. Where in battle I get 5x all the time.

Have you tried the "use faction banner" thing yet?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 09:21:38 pm »
+1
The reason it's a problem for "balance" to switch from attackers to defenders on the same map (and fucks up your multiplier) is a symptom (not the cause) of the problem.

The root problem is that most (if not all) of the siege maps are unbalanced.  Balance = either defenders or attackers have about an equal chance of winning the round.  But for all the siege maps it always seems like it's either the attacking side or the defending side that has a huge advantage. 

Multipliers should be able to be kept just as easy as in battle servers, but the reason it's not is because the maps usually have a clear bias towards the attacking or defending team.

Fix the maps that are played (or fix the maps if needed) and you just balanced the siege game mode.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 02:58:59 pm »
If you want to stay on attacking or defending the whole map edit your character and choose "use factions banner" you never get team switched. And why there is so much switching is because of clans and because of banner balance. If you knew the inner workings of the servers you'd understand :D

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 11:24:55 pm »
If you want to stay on attacking or defending the whole map edit your character and choose "use factions banner" you never get team switched. And why there is so much switching is because of clans and because of banner balance. If you knew the inner workings of the servers you'd understand :D

Well that is information,and it will be handy because I am going to try it very soon here. It can be a slight fix but clans that like to use there own banner will not do this. I am guessing that is what Knute was talking about now I see.

"Fix the maps that are played (or fix the maps if needed) and you just balanced the siege game mode." Cracka the map thing is a problem like you said and I said. I posted in the map area for new maps,but they have to be tested and all that I made a couple maps myself before it's not that hard. I think there should be some sort of group that makes and tests maps a few days a week and then gets them put in to the main servers. Just an idea.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 11:56:34 pm »
Siege is terrible, it suffers from innately dysfunctional-wait, I think they're purposely broken, game mechanics. It should be replaced by CTF servers as soon as... right now, it can't be any bit more retarded than siege currently is.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline t1337Dude

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 05:44:02 am »
I think siege is well balanced at the moment. Every time I put a good effort to win the game for my team, I always get good multipliers.

I don't know why people are bitching about team swap - maybe you should stop being reliant on your team mates. Team swap prevents one team from streamrolling the other for thirty minutes straight.

And it's pretty much the only thing I'll ever play on cRPG until they get a game mode that isn't bore-snore. Lol @ the complaint about waiting. It's the only game mode filled with consistent action and teamwork.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 05:52:51 am »
How to win Siege: Make equip box, spam constructs in front of doors.

GG.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 07:56:53 am »