Author Topic: Best build for one vs. many?  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Re: Best build for one vs. many?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2011, 04:37:03 pm »
12/24
4 ps 8 shield 8 wm 8 ath .
steel buckler and any good 1h
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2011, 04:49:32 pm »
+1
The point in this kind of situation is to dance between them and let them slash each other. So basically, having 8 ath is the best, weather it is twohander or shielder.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2011, 05:25:13 pm »
for an shielder just dance between them, for an 2hander i usualy just run a bit away turn around with thrust and keep fighting them 1v1 by placing them behind each other if they get close u run again.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2011, 05:37:05 pm »
How funny.NA players reccomend 24/15

Eu players reccomend 15/24
NA players are morons. What good is strength when people are hitting you from multiple directions. Although 5 athlethics is probably above average in NA.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2011, 05:48:10 pm »
NA players are morons. What good is strength when people are hitting you from multiple directions. Although 5 athlethics is probably above average in NA.

I know, right?

I just though it funny that its so extremely obvious that the majority of NA players prefer strength builds while its the other way round in EU.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 06:39:47 pm »

lol what a horrible argument.  STR = ability to take hits and dish them out.  Dancing around 5 players you are BOUND to get hit at some point.  Str is the difference between life and death when those hits come.  LOL at you magical EU fairies that dance around in cloth armor in 8 athletics.  Sure you might hit a str build 4-5 times doing less than half their health before they ONE SHOT YOU with a sword.

8 athletics is about completely useless unless you plan on backpedaling your entire life, in which case any decent thrower will rape your face.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 06:44:02 pm »
+1
That's why I endorse 18/24.
And how!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 06:44:07 pm »
+1
You can't dish out hits when you are getting hit from all directions and insta-die. With enough athletics you can only fight 1 person at a time. STR builds = good for killing a lot of bad players. Agi builds = necessary for killing decent/good players.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 07:06:25 pm »
You can't dish out hits when you are getting hit from all directions and insta-die. With enough athletics you can only fight 1 person at a time. STR builds = good for killing a lot of bad players. Agi builds = necessary for killing decent/good players.

Clearly you have no knowledge or experience with 1h+shield KATA; bouncing, weaving and jumping thru groups of enemies...exploiting openings and inciting confusion and frustration, resulting in massive tw'ing. Its infinitely more deadly and FASTER than back pedal spam.

While this is gun kata, may it serve some inspiration for ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQghjPb8pM&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:07:58 pm by Digglez »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2011, 07:07:12 pm »
No, it's not. Without high enough athletics, your back will be turned against at least one opponent. Then you get hit.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:12:43 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2011, 08:16:58 pm »
lol what a horrible argument.  STR = ability to take hits and dish them out.  Dancing around 5 players you are BOUND to get hit at some point.  Str is the difference between life and death when those hits come.  LOL at you magical EU fairies that dance around in cloth armor in 8 athletics.  Sure you might hit a str build 4-5 times doing less than half their health before they ONE SHOT YOU with a sword.

8 athletics is about completely useless unless you plan on backpedaling your entire life, in which case any decent thrower will rape your face.

Then you get raped by the horde of skilled 21/24 agility 2h EU elitists. Sure str helps doing kills when you hit people randomly, but when you control things and don't bounce, you don't need it. And 2h never bounce except when you fuck up (very) badly.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2011, 08:26:28 pm »
Surviving hits has no use if multiple opponents can continue dishing them out. When 5 opponents approach you when I have 5 athlethics, atleast in EU, youre fucked. Cause they will get around you and hit you to death. Who cares if that takes ten hits if you can't do anything after the first hit.

With 7 athlethics and heavy armour I can control the fight. I can keep one opponent between me and the others all the time, slowly killing them on by one. A 0.6 second held head hit pretty much oneshots everyone even with 6 PS.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:31:34 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2011, 08:33:31 pm »
Str doens't really help against many enemies. Even if they were using a hammer, your str wont save you from getting stunned by those hits you'll take, when agi at least helps you to stay away out of their reach. Getting stunlocked will kill you anyways, no matter what stats.

Str is important when attacking back, while agi helps to avoid swings. In STR focused NA servers, you'll need less agi since your opponents will be slower.
On AGI preferring EU your opponents will be fast aswell, so you need to able to match them in speed or get ganged.

And, if your opponents are noobs, like Digglez suggest. Go for str so you can kill them faster.
However, if your opponents are just as good as you are, and you have too str based build. You will get hit and stunlocked by their simultaneous swings. This is where STR and IF will only help you by letting you get hit one more time before you're dead.

STR allows your attacks to do more damage.
Agi makes you faster. You'll be able to avoid getting ganged, and ganging enemies is easier for you. However you'll deal less damage.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:34:54 pm by Lennu »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2011, 08:58:44 pm »
The ultimate answer, obviously, is an eight athletics shielder with relatively light equipment.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2011, 09:03:01 pm »
High STR build might be viable in such situation only if you have loomed heavy armor and you hope for bullshit glance mechanics to kick in. And pray that noone has piercing weapon.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.