Author Topic: Best build for one vs. many?  (Read 5025 times)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Re: Best build for one vs. many?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 08:50:36 pm »
For slaying hordes of nubs trying to gank you: 2h/pole due to sheer range/damage (I'd pick 2h due to animations in that case, but both work well)

Killing several people who actually have a clue what they're doing: Shielder (pref high agi, and fast weapon as you will have few openings.)

Also: Those of you complaining about getting slowed down by shields - don't use the 8 weight ones. The ~5 weight ones work perfectly well and combined with short+light weapon (1h), you will outrun most 2h/pole of same agi.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 02:51:33 pm »
24 15 shielder, the extra power can make a real difference. The rest is just skill.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 03:13:40 pm »
+1, agi shielder need some pierce or blunt weapon to kill hard armored infantry, with 1h sword you will glance a lot, so with agi you will hunt some low-mid armored players, but with 24/15 you can fight vs all) just my opinion.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 03:18:16 pm »
Yo kophka, what you say is true, but a 15/24 Shielder for example has enough agi and athletics to even out the slowing down of his shields, thus making him the most effective against many enemies at once.

As a 2h or Polearm player, mostly all you can do against more than 2 Enemies is backpedal and block, sometimes strike but not often.Only really skilled Blockers manage to do that for longer than a few secs.So Just take the shield, backpedal and slash lightning fast with your Steel pick or something.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 04:28:22 pm »
7 athlethics or more, a decently speeded 2h or polearm. Requires a lot of practice before you can properly control a group vs you fight. If you learn it, its a great way to score some quick kills. Watch how good players handle such a situation.

Try to keep one enemy in between you and the rest, fight him, but once in a while target switch, I recommend a held overhead. See if you can hit the head. Sweetspot held hit and headhit is almost always a certain kill. Most of the time the guys in the back of the gank get caught off guard.Dont target switch too much, it will put you in danger and it becomes predictable.

If the approaching gank squad has a long spear, none of the above applies, run like hell

But yeah, anything that has 7 athlethics or more should be fine, even with heavy-ish armour.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 11:05:14 pm »
shielder easily.  steel pick for its speed & pierce or a faster blunt weapon like Flanged Mace

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 11:23:28 pm »
seem strange but the best I've done vs many is with this built: 30/6 thrower/2h (1oif 10 ps 5 pt 2wm 2ath) wep: mace 3 set of heavy axes

sending axes of love to ennemie seem to gather them together against you... and it seem like ally don,t want ot help you... (sigh)

so i was there gathering mob with axes and then swithcing to my tiny mace, getting in middle of this loving mob and they'll just glance on me (I was wearing ligth leather but 10 if...) while I'll keep punching them (10 ps 30 blunt is deadly even to tin can) so I often won 4 vs 1 situation with this shema: 1tk 1 guy stunned, stunned guy killed, whore cav coming bumping everyone except me and getting stuck, 1 easy kill on knocked foe, jump kill my old friendcav horse, killing the cav, another guy coming to ''help'' teamwound the guy I was dueling I got a free shot: knockdown and kill after, then last guy running, switching to axes, axe shot, last kill.

win

this is when people are bad the other scenario is:

running iin front of a clan, 4 hit, you die.

fail

so you can use this built it's alot of fun but beware of clan or good people in general.
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 04:45:32 am »
+1
To sum up:

Best build vs many is a 1h shielder without a shield using a 2h polearm mainly focused in strength because you need to kill fast but with more agility than strength because you need to be fast.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline [Ant]

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 06:04:08 am »
You wanna kill hordes of noobs?

Ask Dimos. Then join an NA server.

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 06:51:19 am »
I find that a 6-30 1h no shield build prevents you from getting in these situations.
2 PS 10 ATH 10 WM 10 Riding
Also works with a polearm build
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 07:33:14 am »
+1
The standard melee build that I recommend to any 2H or Polearm users is quite effective in a one v. many situation. Of course, it relies on the player having some competency in knowing what he or she is doing, and a good command of blocking and footwork. But nevertheless:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 24
Agility: 15
Hit points: 75
Skills to attributes: 8

Ironflesh: 8
Power Strike: 8
Shield: 2
Athletics: 5
Weapon Master: 0

<Either>
Two Handed: 111
Polearm: 111

0 WM because WM is completely unnecessary for melee combat, especially 2H/Polearms. 2 Shield helps protect your incredibly alluring body from archers, throwing, and weaker crossbows. And besides, your focus is not swinging your 2H or Polearm at the speed of light; it is to cause maximal damage with each swing. This point needs to be re-emphasized: the more damage you do with each swing, the higher likelihood you have of killing your enemies and suddenly turning a 3 on 1 into a more manageable 2 on 1, or a 2 on 1 into a definitely manageable 1 on 1.

This is not to say that 1H shielders are not designed for one vs many situations; in fact, they're at their strongest when they can attract multiple enemies at once, because that means that the enemy team is committing more to taking out just a single person (you). I would still recommend a Strength build, however, perhaps along the order of something like this:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 24
Agility: 15
Hit points: 69
Skills to attributes: 8

Ironflesh: 5
Power Strike: 8
Shield: 5
Athletics: 5
Weapon Master: 0

One Handed: 111

Your shield will help absorb multiple attacks that would otherwise be unblockable, and it is up to you to seize each breathing moment to slice at an enemy's face and hopefully take them out. Your shield will not last forever, especially against axes, so in my opinion it is better to maximize the damage you can do with each strike.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:41:41 am by Rhaelys »

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 12:14:24 pm »
Depends on what your going for. If you just want to kill punch of newbies on some public server you might aswell go for 2h with 24/15 for extra dmg and IF and hack through them, ofc if you fight 2 competent players they will immediately kill you since they can just attack from 2 different directions and you can't outrun them.

If you want to fight players who know what they are doing with 2h, go for for 15/24 so if you get lucky you might be able to use you speed to seperate them but really good players still won't let you do that. However i think that the best build for fighting good players 1vsX is 18/18 shielder because it's the only way you can block 2 directions at once and you might get a good chance to strike back. Though if you really are fighting competent players it dosen't matter who you are, okocha, phyrex, Kpu etc all die the same way in 1v2 if both opponents know what to do and don't fail hard, you just have to hope they suck and make mistakes.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 02:11:53 pm by Cyber »

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 02:20:08 pm »
2handed/poles get good range, and that helps a lot. With 7 ath and medium/light armor + some manual blocking you can avoid getting overwhelmed and still attack back. ofc 1 pikeman will still fuck you over  :lol:
 1h+shielders are slow so there is alwas the risk that the enemies will simply surround you, so you won't be able to block all directions.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 03:28:33 pm »
Or get a bow and kite, kite, kite, kite, kite, kite, kite them melees
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 04:12:16 pm »
How funny.NA players reccomend 24/15

Eu players reccomend 15/24
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."