Author Topic: Strategus rules (for map and battle)?  (Read 877 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Strategus rules (for map and battle)?
« on: December 07, 2011, 06:17:06 pm »
So I've heard people quote rules for strategus battles, but I've never seen said rules.  I've been told "delaying" is something the other team can put up a vote kick on you for (which seems ridiculous), is that true?  chadz even replied in one of my threads saying that as defenders if you're going to lose and you want to keep as much equipment as possible then delay the inevitable as long as you can. 

Is there somewhere that these mysterious rules are posted?  I can't find them on the strategus part of these forums if they exist.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Strategus rules (for map and battle)?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:40:50 am »
Personally, I think it's stupid to kick or ban a person for running away from a fight in Strategus even if they are the last ones left in a battle. Retreat is a perfectly valid tactic. Hell, I've killed a few people myself just by running away as the last man alive. Usually, this situation almost always occurs when there's a single guy remaining on one team and dozens on the other team. In which case, all you have to do is use superior numbers to trap the single enemy. It's not like the map doesn't have borders. Or you could just offer to duel the last guy one by one to calm him down. The only condition I see that truly provokes a kick is if the last guy is on a roof with no ranged capability and you have no ranged players and no way on the roof.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:44:54 am »
Delaying the inevitable is not the same as being the last or only person alive on your team, never entering combat and simply running for as long as possible.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 03:25:10 am »
Delaying the inevitable is not the same as being the last or only person alive on your team, never entering combat and simply running for as long as possible.
Unless there's only 1 or 2 of you left, you should be able to finish off the last straggler within a few minutes no matter how much they run unless they get to somewhere just flat out unaccessable

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 05:05:52 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html
These rules apply to official servers:
- EU_cRPG_x (1,2,3,4,5,6,8)
- NA_cRPG_x (1,2,3,6)

No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)

It is in the defenders interests to have the battle last as long as possible, but just running away endlessly is still against the rules.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 09:53:05 am »
And running away at the end gives the winner more time to loot the gear on the battle field and select the best things - in my eyes thats kinda stupid. Maybe the strat counter should stop if there are no tickets left on one side with only 5 ppl alive.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:51 pm »
And running away at the end gives the winner more time to loot the gear on the battle field and select the best things - in my eyes thats kinda stupid. Maybe the strat counter should stop if there are no tickets left on one side with only 5 ppl alive.

Or once your spawn is taken and all flags have been lowered then the battle timer stops (the timer that dictates how much gear you get from the enemy after you win).  Would make the whole point of running away moot.

Thanks for answering these questions, a sticky in the strategus general discussion with basic strat rules would be awesome still :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy