Author Topic: Strategus Suggestions  (Read 6369 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Strategus Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 09:42:55 am »
bump

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 03:13:30 pm »
+1
Only read the OP, so apologies if the suggestion has notably changed by then.
I completely disagree.  There is plenty for small clans and individuals to do, if they are not trying to just be godkings of the universe.  Trading, smuggling, intelligence gathering, banditry and privateering are all things I know individuals are doing, some INCREDIBLY successfully.

As to the rest, perhaps you would like to play Travian or Tribal Wars?

We have random spawning now, without the free villages.  What happens?  People move.  What will change with free villages?  Nothing.  You can't stop alliances like that.  I don't think this system would accomplish any of its goals, honestly.

More, it takes away from aspects of the game that I quite enjoy.  Not only the opening phase, but the ability for new clans to enter after strategus has begun.  An ideal form of strategus has no "rounds" because it requires none.  I also truly doubt people will be able to buy troops in sufficient numbers to retake a village in a system where only villages provide troops.  This system would change strategus so much as to be unrecognizable, and while this may offend the majority opinion, I like strategus.  I have no desire to turn it into yet another stupid browser village conflict game.

I really disagree with you here SoA has just reformed and on strat we have no where to go and  nothing to do all we've done is so far is move from village to village to town to castle and having to ask first so we dont get owned by the massive armies of the Block allinces for example GK and fallen have already been pushed out of the desert due to the massive block allince down there! and the few villages that no one owns we cant claim because if we do then again we're gonna end up going to war with another fucking block allince its stupid that we cant do anything or claim anything without a 80% chance of being wiped out... and this is the reason I have stoped leading SoA in strat because its a waste of time little clans cant do anything without atleast pissing off 8 different clans, I agree that a turn based strat would be kinda sucky and shite but it would probably be better then how strat is now as I said big clans and block allinces currently own the whole of strat and small factiosn cant do anything to get started this is why i have given up leading since if your not in a block allince or a Big clan then you might as well not play at all

in summary I like phases Idea (maybe not the turn one bu its still good) and I hope it does get added that way Big clans wont always have the chance to huddle up and just destory who ever is in their way on the map they will be limited and they wont be able to pick their neighbours and hopefully just hopefully small clans will be able to stand a chance without having to fear being wiped out just for trying to get started
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 03:14:52 pm »

I really disagree with you here SoA has just reformed and on strat we have no where to go and  nothing to do all we've done is so far is move from village to village to town to castle and having to ask first so we dont get owned by the massive armies of the Block allinces for example GK and fallen have already been pushed out of the desert due to the massive block allince down there! and the few villages that no one owns we cant claim because if we do then again we're gonna end up going to war with another fucking block allince its stupid that we cant do anything or claim anything without a 80% chance of being wiped out... and this is the reason I have stoped leading SoA in strat because its a waste of time little clans cant do anything without atleast pissing off 8 different clans, I agree that a turn based strat would be kinda sucky and shite but it would probably be better then how strat is now as I said big clans and block allinces currently own the whole of strat and small factiosn cant do anything to get started this is why i have given up leading since if your not in a block allince or a Big clan then you might as well not play at all

Welcome to Strat

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 12:01:50 am »

in summary I like phases Idea (maybe not the turn one bu its still good) and I hope it does get added that way Big clans wont always have the chance to huddle up and just destory who ever is in their way on the map they will be limited and they wont be able to pick their neighbours and hopefully just hopefully small clans will be able to stand a chance without having to fear being wiped out just for trying to get started
Ok, you want some advice? You're saying there's no place for small clans. There is no fiefs that you can take without being wiped by the big boys? Well, here's the thing. Small factions really aren't supposed to own land. The few that small clans that DO hold fiefs, still do it at the mercy of the big boys. This is how it's always gonna be. The notion of a small faction owning land, completely independant of EVERYONE is ridiculous and something you should just forget.

What a small faction COULD do is play the "lesser" roles. Think of the big clans as countries and small clans as factions and warbands. Be mercenaries, merchants, bandits, bounty hunters, traders, mauraders and that sort of things. If you play small, you can do it big. Do NOT try to take over land and put yourself in the way of someone.
   Try instead to gain power through stuff that you can do with the few people you have. Not everyone can be Kings and Queens, Lords and Knights. Someone have to be the merchants, outlaws and the like. Think of the Single Player. Look at how you gain your kingdom there. Instantly attacking a fief with your 50ish warband NEVER works (ok, sometimes it does xD), and even IF you win, the big factions will come and get you sooner or later. No. What you need to look at are all the small factions. The Mercenary bands, Manhunters etc. THAT is the SMALL factions. THAT is what you should be doing.
   Think small, gain respect and power, build yourself up. In the end, maybe you'll be powerful enough to claim something for yourself. And you know what? You might even be able to KEEP it if you have enough power, contacts and reputation to hold the others at bay. And if you fail? Well, you probably would go down in an AWESOME way, worthy of respect by everyone.

Yeah, I know there currently isn't that much stuff for those factions. But that's what chadz and Co is working on. The trading, caravan, marketplace and crafting that was introduced this round of Strat? They just opened up the possibility for merchants, traders and craftsmen. Those people again opened up for banditry. What I hope is that more stuff for the SMALL clans will be available, not just the Kingdom clans.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 03:54:14 am »
+1
Ok, you want some advice? You're saying there's no place for small clans. There is no fiefs that you can take without being wiped by the big boys? Well, here's the thing. Small factions really aren't supposed to own land. The few that small clans that DO hold fiefs, still do it at the mercy of the big boys. This is how it's always gonna be. The notion of a small faction owning land, completely independant of EVERYONE is ridiculous and something you should just forget.

What a small faction COULD do is play the "lesser" roles. Think of the big clans as countries and small clans as factions and warbands. Be mercenaries, merchants, bandits, bounty hunters, traders, mauraders and that sort of things. If you play small, you can do it big. Do NOT try to take over land and put yourself in the way of someone.
   Try instead to gain power through stuff that you can do with the few people you have. Not everyone can be Kings and Queens, Lords and Knights. Someone have to be the merchants, outlaws and the like. Think of the Single Player. Look at how you gain your kingdom there. Instantly attacking a fief with your 50ish warband NEVER works (ok, sometimes it does xD), and even IF you win, the big factions will come and get you sooner or later. No. What you need to look at are all the small factions. The Mercenary bands, Manhunters etc. THAT is the SMALL factions. THAT is what you should be doing.
   Think small, gain respect and power, build yourself up. In the end, maybe you'll be powerful enough to claim something for yourself. And you know what? You might even be able to KEEP it if you have enough power, contacts and reputation to hold the others at bay. And if you fail? Well, you probably would go down in an AWESOME way, worthy of respect by everyone.

Yeah, I know there currently isn't that much stuff for those factions. But that's what chadz and Co is working on. The trading, caravan, marketplace and crafting that was introduced this round of Strat? They just opened up the possibility for merchants, traders and craftsmen. Those people again opened up for banditry. What I hope is that more stuff for the SMALL clans will be available, not just the Kingdom clans.

First of all I dont care about respect on strat since strat has nothing to do with respect and LLJK is proof of that and besides that SoA DID have respect before Tetris and a few other people fuck the clan over, Second I doubt Josh would spend most of his time sending our members to scout, merc, trade and stuff for other clans if we didnt get much back and the Key thing to remember here is that Human beings can be total my old friends and douchbags and some will use any excuse to attack, destroy and bully anyone they can and I can understand what your saying about starting out small but to be honest your In Merciless (Risen) and your clan has always been a big clan that everybody knows and you guys dont have to do none of theses things so you cant really say SoA needs to do this and that and small stuff when your clan has never had to do any of this. but as I said I understand what your saying and It does make sense but tbh Im not leading SoA in strat no more and this is just my personal opinion...Not SoAs not Josh's not Shanks Just me...Hunter
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 09:43:50 pm »

Be mercenaries, merchants, bandits, bounty hunters, traders, mauraders and that sort of things.   

Again, you seem to be giving 6 options, while there are actually 2. All these words mean the same : RAIDER/TRADER.
Now, u cant be a trader anymore when all neutral fiefs are captured. So, leaves us Raider, say everything goes good, you equip an army to raid one factions caravans, but then all the other factions come to reinforce the attacked caravan (this is what happens, debating this fact is a mere sign of dishonesty), so you lose your battle. So your hard earned tickets and gear are gone (i can accept this, this is war), however, you cant build up a new gold reserve for equip cuz all the neutral fiefs are gone, so your life as a raider ends when u lose 1 battle.

Honestly i dont get why you carebears arent just saying "Nananana, hahahaha, yes we got you cornered and yes we will win!" instead of goin on like "nonono, we're not allied, we just all help each other, and we never attack each other" "this all a coincidence, you have no proof" "75% of playerbase, gief proof plz". Everytime you guys try to pull this it adds to your negative honesty-meter.

So, SOA, as a veteran player i can only advise you to get some skill points in the Handjob skill, this way, you might get a fief, if you dont annoy the greys or DRZ too much.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 10:55:02 pm »
+1
First of all I dont care about respect on strat since strat has nothing to do with respect and LLJK is proof of that and besides that SoA DID have respect before Tetris and a few other people fuck the clan over, Second I doubt Josh would spend most of his time sending our members to scout, merc, trade and stuff for other clans if we didnt get much back and the Key thing to remember here is that Human beings can be total my old friends and douchbags and some will use any excuse to attack, destroy and bully anyone they can and I can understand what your saying about starting out small but to be honest your In Merciless (Risen) and your clan has always been a big clan that everybody knows and you guys dont have to do none of theses things so you cant really say SoA needs to do this and that and small stuff when your clan has never had to do any of this. but as I said I understand what your saying and It does make sense but tbh Im not leading SoA in strat no more and this is just my personal opinion...Not SoAs not Josh's not Shanks Just me...Hunter

Suit yourself, you asked to have Istiniar, Glunmar and Yalen, hah!

You mad? You can try capturing them but it will just make it easier for us to capture it after, there's troops ready of doing that any time.  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 11:23:38 pm »
Suit yourself, you asked to have Istiniar, Glunmar and Yalen, hah!

You mad? You can try capturing them but it will just make it easier for us to capture it after, there's troops ready of doing that any time.  :mrgreen:

No, not you, u with troops and gear provided for you.

edit: maybe, i shouldnt hack into the risen/merciless as much, you're not that carebear as the rest. But i still would like to refer to my above post about small clans getting a "chance" in strat

And phyrex, im sorry to derail your awesome thread, i had much believe in this, but since DEVS can only say: "ZOMG BLASPHEMY I LIKE STRAT AS IT IS", so suggestions are not considered to be likely to be applied
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:28:33 pm by Harafat »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2011, 12:33:34 am »
Again, you seem to be giving 6 options, while there are actually 2. All these words mean the same : RAIDER/TRADER.
Now, u cant be a trader anymore when all neutral fiefs are captured. So, leaves us Raider, say everything goes good, you equip an army to raid one factions caravans, but then all the other factions come to reinforce the attacked caravan (this is what happens, debating this fact is a mere sign of dishonesty), so you lose your battle. So your hard earned tickets and gear are gone (i can accept this, this is war), however, you cant build up a new gold reserve for equip cuz all the neutral fiefs are gone, so your life as a raider ends when u lose 1 battle.

Honestly i dont get why you carebears arent just saying "Nananana, hahahaha, yes we got you cornered and yes we will win!" instead of goin on like "nonono, we're not allied, we just all help each other, and we never attack each other" "this all a coincidence, you have no proof" "75% of playerbase, gief proof plz". Everytime you guys try to pull this it adds to your negative honesty-meter.

So, SOA, as a veteran player i can only advise you to get some skill points in the Handjob skill, this way, you might get a fief, if you dont annoy the greys or DRZ too much.
OH HI THERE MISTER BUTTHURT!

I find it so hillarious that you are still whining so much you jump into this thread, minusing my post where I try to give some suggestions to the SoA guy, whining like a bitch and then coming with completely fail "corrections" to what I wrote and how "wrong" I am.

Let's just start with how fucked your "that's only 2 options herpaderpa schmszmsafmas I'm a germy old friend" argument is. I'm gonna explain what the different suggestions were, since your simple mind couldn't figure it out yourself. Here they are:

Mercenary: You get a small to medium sized band with medium to good equipment. You travel to the different warzones and offer your men and equipment to the different factions. You don't offer a LOT but you offer what could be the DECISIVE element. Good equipment for your troops is the best here. Big factions will rather have many lowly equipped troops, but you want to have a high Kill per Troop ratio because you travel a lot. Also, upkeep. Having clanmembers able to craft medium armour/weapons for you is a big pluss. You make sure you and your clanmembers keep your reputation as neutral as you can. Always make sure to not anger people long time. Make them know and understand that you are giving your troops for THAT and THAT battle only. Don't just inform this to the guys you fight FOR  but also those you fight AGAINST. Try to make it so that people will WANT you to be there for them. The more valuable and scale-tipping you can be, the better for you all.
Merchant: Basically what MOST solo people are now. You craft goods at a place, move somewhere else, then sell it. You equip your troops or sell the gold for cRPG gold to a faction or whatever.
Bandit: You get a small and mobile band with enough troops. You fight lightly or unarmed people and attack them for your stuff. Pretty obvious, really.
Bounty hunter: You hunt bandits. NEVER attack people you aren't sure are bandits. Make sure you only go for known fugitives. Remember to inform the different big factions about you, maybe they'll give you a small reward for cleaning out the bandits for them. Of course, most wont reward you with anything if you don't tell them. Just make them aware that you are keeping the roads safe from bandits. Maybe ask them if there are certain individuals they want gone from their lands.
Trader: Close to the merchant, but instead of dragging trade goods from place to place and selling them, you drag ITEMS from place to place. You sell different equipment that you and your clanmembers have made. You REALLY want to be able to craft CHEAP but EFFECTIVE stuff, especially heirloomed stuff. Almost everyone and their mother can craft +3 Greatswords, Poleaxes and 1h Super Swords, but not many can, or even have, CHEAP looms that are GOOD. Like the Military Scythe, Bastard Sword, Nordic Swords and ESPECIALLY cheap, but good, shields. Your profit lies in selling en mass crafted good stuff for reasonable prices and then transporting it to people willing to buy them. With a clan of people who knows how to get a high crafting skill in the right gear, you can easily make a good amount of gold. Gold, is as always, power and influence and you can then use this method to get enough capital to become something else.
Marauder: Very similar to Bandit, but instead of going after lone merchants or faction caravans, you are working FOR a clan against another. You are basically a proxy, attacking a factions enemies without anyone knowing it's them. The patron can even help you out with troops, money and gear. All depends on what kind of deal you work out.

No, not you, u with troops and gear provided for you.
Hi there mister bullshit. The Risen have NEVER gotten any troops, gold or equipment from ANY other faction. The only thing we have received are Trade Goods that we have given an equal amount back, aka a TRADE. You might be to retarded to know what that is, but for those of us with a working brain can understand that that's not getting stuff for free.

We never have received anything, and never WILL take anything, without giving something back. Unlike HRE, we can actually equip, recruit and support ourselves. Now I suggest you get the FUCK out of this thread, you have already shittied it up enough. I was coming with suggestions for what people could do in strat (mainly aimed at SoA and other small clans), but you had to come in with your butthurt attitude, typing irrelevant (and completely FALSE) "corrections".

NB: And can people PLEASE stop dragging US into this imagined Carebear alliance? Just because we don't attack our neighboors doesn't mean we are allied, it means we are smart enough to recognize that attacking them is a bad move. This is called STRATEGUS, not go-around-and-attack-everyone-randomly-while-whining-"carebearOMFG!"-because-they-can-actually-be-friends-and-decent-to-each-other-ius. You wanna know WHY none of us are fighting for you guys as mercs in your battles? Because not a SINGLE one of you have ever popped into our TS, said "Hi, we got a village fight. You wanna help us out?" or anything. What you HAVE done is call us my old friends, insult us, GTX the game blaming us, and being so butthurt that everyone dislikes you while you go around insulting them. Why wont anyone be friends with you? Gee, go figure.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 01:24:56 am »
Its the roster alliance that bothers me not the map alliance...

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 09:38:53 am »

NB: And can people PLEASE stop dragging US into this imagined Carebear alliance? Just because we don't attack our neighboors doesn't mean we are allied, it means we are smart enough to recognize that attacking them is a bad move. This is called STRATEGUS, not go-around-and-attack-everyone-randomly-while-whining-"carebearOMFG!"-because-they-can-actually-be-friends-and-decent-to-each-other-ius. You wanna know WHY none of us are fighting for you guys as mercs in your battles? Because not a SINGLE one of you have ever popped into our TS, said "Hi, we got a village fight. You wanna help us out?" or anything. What you HAVE done is call us my old friends, insult us, GTX the game blaming us, and being so butthurt that everyone dislikes you while you go around insulting them. Why wont anyone be friends with you? Gee, go figure.

I completely agree. We made some questionable decisions in the beginning. Altho i had the most fun in the beginning when things seemed balanced ^^. And i also agree with Nebun on the game mechanics not forcing anyone of the big clans to take more land than they need. im just dissapointed that every fight, wherever on the map it is, is fought by the same people over and over... I hope we can finally leave it at that, or make a seperate thread for Forum wars and such.

PS: can someone with alot of time and a boner for reading up all the strat suggestions, compile a summary of the good suggestions :) theeeenx I'd like strat 4 to be different :)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2011, 09:58:02 am »
+2
This thread isn't about silly strat carebear drama, it's about improving it. So stop fucking infesting it with your idiotism.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2011, 04:58:47 pm »
@Zapper:  Individual role as merchant is disappearing due to fewer and fewer independent fiefs.  Clans are imposing exorbitant hourly fees (500 gold/hour) in their fiefs.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2011, 04:59:26 pm »
@Zapper:  Individual role as merchant is disappearing due to fewer and fewer independent fiefs.  Clans are imposing exorbitant hourly fees (500 gold/hour) in their fiefs.

100g/hr is max dude.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2011, 05:09:11 pm »
Right you are. :oops:  I remember losing 500 in an afternoon.