Author Topic: I'm retiring from CRPG  (Read 12561 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: I'm retiring from CRPG
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2011, 09:20:44 pm »
I bet Xant already pmed him.

Pfft, pages ago.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2011, 09:22:52 pm »
You probably sensed it before he posted and already pmed him :D
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:37 pm »
When I started playing this mod there was more than 200 people playing on Pecores server, we all stayed/moved together (I might be wrong but I believe couple of times there was almost 300 people playing on that server),  archers were completely OP and super deadly but for some strange reason, a lot more respected than nowadays. People used to hate on two handed tincan spammers (because weapons used to glance so much that many of them didn't need to block, just spam their flamburgers) and tincan heavy cavalry (like the_finn). Ninjas were annoyingly deadly because of their swing speed.

Right now game seems a lot more balanced, with many nice additions we didn't have at that time but for some reason game is also A LOT more boring than it was during those days.
It is exactly some of these reasons that kept a lot of us Native, but occasional cRPG, players from playing cRPG full time, that and that equipment/levels was an important factor - not only player skill, attracting a lot of nåbs to the early cRPG community.
The current, I dare say very balanced, cRPG is the WB mod with the best class and weapons balance I've seen. Vikingr came close but ranged and cav were heavily nerfed there, to fit the setting. Everything was better back in the day, perhaps you're just tired of the game ?

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2011, 09:31:51 pm »
give it to me so i can kill all archers :)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2011, 09:33:35 pm »
It is exactly some of these reasons that kept a lot of us Native, but occasional cRPG, players from playing cRPG full time, that and that equipment/levels was an important factor - not only player skill, attracting a lot of nåbs to the early cRPG community.
The current, I dare say very balanced, cRPG is the WB mod with the best class and weapons balance I've seen. Vikingr came close but ranged and cav were heavily nerfed there, to fit the setting. Everything was better back in the day, perhaps you're just tired of the game ?

Yeah, I think c-RPG was "better" for Leshma because it was new. Everything feels a lot better when you're still in the honeymoon phase. I joined c-RPG after the big patch in january, when you didn't have level 45 tin cans running around with 13 athletics anymore.

I enjoyed c-RPG the most back then too, but I can't really say it was a better mod.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2011, 09:35:59 pm »
+1
I enjoyed cRPG the most with lvl 45 Guys, actually, all without upkeep.

Even those damn plated superaccurate Archers werent such a pain in the ass back then.

Hell, I even miss lvl 45 Plated Mtemtko on Plated charger bumpshooting me.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2011, 09:37:32 pm »
I would suggest that you don't give your looms away, just quit for a month and you might want to play again after and you might regret giving your looms away. If you are gonna do it though give me Cuir Bouili or Red Wisby gauntlets plz so i can be awesome, i just started playing yesterday.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:58:16 pm by Cyber »

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2011, 09:54:04 pm »
I would gladly accept any of those three items. I support all things mele and will forever be a sword and board/2H hybrid. I don't know you seeing as I am fairly new to the game, but I can definitely put your items to good use!

Cheers

~Stry

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:34 pm »
*Cough* *Cough*

Could definitely put those red Wisby gloves to good use.

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2011, 11:00:07 pm »
Always thought you were a good player the few times I saw you on, hope you give those looms to some noobies :).

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2011, 11:26:10 pm »
The Cuir Bouili would be rather nice, if you choose to give them to me. Obviously though I am not a new player, heh. Regardless, I would appreciate it. I would end up giving it to a clan mate who could use the help, in all likely hood, or host a tournament for it and give it as a prize.

It would be nice though if you choose to give the looms away to "noobi-ish" players, ones who are past gen 1 and thus you know they will stick around.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline micah243

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord_Tinsley Arthur_Dane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BW
  • Game nicks: Lord_tinsley Arthur_Dane
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2011, 11:28:53 pm »
If you give me one and send me a screenshot of your character I will draw him for you and mail it to you! A little something to look at and atleast remember the game and the fun times. And I am a noobish character, I score high in the rounds but I am only level 30 on my 1st gen so have not retired yet.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2011, 12:05:20 am »
+4
So i've decided that, rather than give away my armor to scrubs, I'm going to see if i can set up an inclan tournament. Thanks everyone for the replies and good luck to this mod!

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2011, 12:09:55 am »
No your a scrub  :lol:  Good luck to you.

Offline ParaGnosis

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2011, 12:25:58 am »
Sadly agree with you. I used to live and breath crpg a year ago. I took a long lay off and came after all these changes. The repair system has completely ruined everything I loved about this game =/ Doesn't look like it'll go away anytime soon either. Oh well good games come and go. More often than not it's when devs dick with aspects they don't think will take much away from gameplay. Fuck you chadz for ruining the best game I ever played :P