Author Topic: I'm retiring from CRPG  (Read 12559 times)

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Re: I'm retiring from CRPG
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011, 07:57:35 pm »
Give them to this man ;)

That way you won't lose. In case you return he'll give them back to you and in case you don't return, you ain't gonna lose anything of value anyway.

Giving looms to new people is stupid because they first need to learn how to play, not to crutch on gear from the start. Also they will quit playing when they find out that besides grinding there isn't much to do in this mod. And third, because whoever start playing c-rpg now is a fool, we both know why.

I gave my looms to Xant, you give yours to Dextaa. If any of us start playing again chances are high that we'll get them back because they seem like decent people and if we never come back at least we helped someone who's playing this mod as long as us and therefore deserve those looms more than some noobie.

Or give them to him. Give them to anyone who'll return them in case you come back and it's best if that person is friend or clanmate of yours.

Give them to Dexxtaa or me. As an added bonus, I've known you since you were in Gorath's clan, PxC.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2505
  • Infamy: 1943
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2011, 08:01:41 pm »
I'm an huge ass, so I think I deserve a loom.

No srsly, just as I said to the other folk that left the mod, give it some time, it's a great mod with a great system in it, making a break from time to time like I do works wonders.
But it's up to you.

Cheers.

Taking a break only makes you forget how bad this mod currently is, but as soon you come back all those memories come back. Mod needs a major overhaul imho, it's too "serious". chadz and crew have some weird ideas, I really don't know why they develop the mod in this direction.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2011, 08:29:37 pm »

Giving looms to new people is stupid because they first need to learn how to play, not to crutch on gear from the start. Also they will quit playing when they find out that besides grinding there isn't much to do in this mod. And third, because whoever start playing c-rpg now is a fool, we both know why.

I gave my looms to Xant, you give yours to Dextaa. If any of us start playing again chances are high that we'll get them back because they seem like decent people and if we never come back at least we helped someone who's playing this mod as long as us and therefore deserve those looms more than some noobie.

Its up to him who he gives stuff to, but I don't really agree with some of that. Personally I have no basis of reference for M&B. To me cRPG is multiplayer m&b and I can't compare it to any "good" version you might know. To me its decent as it is as a new player without other experience in the game. It could use some balancing but the most recent changes like loom nerfs put the game in a better direction. Nerfing ranged damage at the same time would have been good, but they might be considering other balancing options

I don't see the reasoning behind making sure newbies have a harder game to play than experienced guys. If you suck at the game you won't be crutching on gear, it just levels the playing field. You will still be at a disadvantage in player skill, you just have gear to match the more experienced guys. You start off with -10 body armour compared to those with +3 gloves/body armour and -3 damage/-1 speed on your weapon, not to mention if you are inexperienced you need to use weaker (cheaper) gear or you waste money while learning the game because you have to pay upkeep.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2011, 08:35:09 pm »
+1
You should give me all your looms so i can clone myself and equip the clone with the exact same gear i already use :mrgreen:

Actually i use mail gauntles.
Gief wisby!  :mrgreen:

Edit again: Also if you are only semi sure about quitting keep em.
Else if you can't stay away i can also totally offer you a global ban so you can not play at all :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:38:19 pm by Meow »

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2011, 08:36:28 pm »
Give the game a break and come back again man, its sad to lose another player. You might miss those items later.

Offline CpTKiL

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »
+1
I honestly think you should keep all of your looms just in case you change your mind. You just never know when you come back.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2011, 08:37:34 pm »
Taking a break only makes you forget how bad this mod currently is, but as soon you come back all those memories come back. Mod needs a major overhaul imho, it's too "serious". chadz and crew have some weird ideas, I really don't know why they develop the mod in this direction.

We rarely agreed more, Leshma.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »
Well yeah, giving the looms to people who would give them back to you in case you come back is a good Idea.

I´d do that for you, too, btw.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 758
  • Infamy: 2858
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2011, 08:55:45 pm »
Its up to him who he gives stuff to, but I don't really agree with some of that. Personally I have no basis of reference for M&B. To me cRPG is multiplayer m&b and I can't compare it to any "good" version you might know. To me its decent as it is as a new player without other experience in the game. It could use some balancing but the most recent changes like loom nerfs put the game in a better direction. Nerfing ranged damage at the same time would have been good, but they might be considering other balancing options

I don't see the reasoning behind making sure newbies have a harder game to play than experienced guys. If you suck at the game you won't be crutching on gear, it just levels the playing field. You will still be at a disadvantage in player skill, you just have gear to match the more experienced guys. You start off with -10 body armour compared to those with +3 gloves/body armour and -3 damage/-1 speed on your weapon, not to mention if you are inexperienced you need to use weaker (cheaper) gear or you waste money while learning the game because you have to pay upkeep.

When I started playing this mod there was more than 200 people playing on Pecores server, we all stayed/moved together (I might be wrong but I believe couple of times there was almost 300 people playing on that server),  archers were completely OP and super deadly but for some strange reason, a lot more respected than nowadays. People used to hate on two handed tincan spammers (because weapons used to glance so much that many of them didn't need to block, just spam their flamburgers) and tincan heavy cavalry (like the_finn). Ninjas were annoyingly deadly because of their swing speed.

Right now game seems a lot more balanced, with many nice additions we didn't have at that time but for some reason game is also A LOT more boring than it was during those days.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2011, 08:57:18 pm »
God I miss the Days without Upkeep...Transitional Archers with great mauls....You know what was good bout those?They didnt run away.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2011, 09:01:44 pm »
LOOK, EVERYONE, WE HAVE A QUITTER OVER HERE, QUICK CALL XANT !!!!!!

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 09:05:22 pm »
I bet Xant already pmed him.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2011, 09:11:24 pm »
QUICK XANT, HES RUNNING AWAY !!!!! CATCH HIM AND TAKE NOTES !!

Offline JPFaultless

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • There goes your shield, mate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beleth
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2011, 09:15:22 pm »
Im new to Crpg I'm really enjoying the game at the moment, I think the game mechanics are really fun and enjoy mostly playing siege with a few friends.
Im mainly using two handed at the moment which is interesting and if you are still handing out loom points then I'd love to have them.

I don't have a clan or anything but I think given the limited time I've been playing I've improved alot and any help I can get would help me push on and be more successful.

And of course if you returned Id gladly return the items

Offline ironfox

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Best in VA
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW,MB,Scarebears,PxC
  • Game nicks: Ironfox, ChinatownSuzy,Shiba
  • IRC nick: You Can't Box The Fox
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2011, 09:20:38 pm »
I would like to have the GLA or the Cuir(whichever is fine) . You should give them to me because we're old PxC mates :wink:.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:15:19 pm by ironfox »