Author Topic: Armor bonus vs arrows  (Read 4518 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Armor bonus vs arrows
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 06:48:01 pm »
There is a little bit of exageration in this thread to. When I'm in a server of 100 I usually only see 4-5 archer per team MAX. The rest are xbows or throwers if they are ranged. So go complain about those, archery has been nerfed enough as it is.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 07:45:11 pm »
Were it possible, I'd think it was neat to have armor which had reduced armor value in exchange for a "superior vs ranged" feature.  So it would be a sacrifice in exchange for gain.  However, don't think such a thing is actually doable.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 11:02:49 pm »
Were it possible, I'd think it was neat to have armor which had reduced armor value in exchange for a "superior vs ranged" feature.  So it would be a sacrifice in exchange for gain.  However, don't think such a thing is actually doable.

I'd rather have two armor values, one for soak, second for reduction. Would do the job without such arbitrary bonus.

Still impossible, but neat idea.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:04:02 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 11:24:09 pm »
Recently while wearing about 50 armour, I got shot by a warbow from point blank range it took about 1% off.  Archery now is a joke.
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 12:51:42 am »
Recently while wearing about 50 armour, I got shot by a warbow from point blank range it took about 1% off.  Archery now is a joke.

Despite this, people complain regularly on the forums to nerf us  :D :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 08:36:15 am »

Yea and recently while wearing the same ammount of armor a single arrow took 60% of my hp, also from point blank. Its no joke.
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 10:45:54 am »
Hmm.  I binned my archer and switched to xbow because I got hacked off with how little it did on the battlefield compared to everyone else.  All I see here is a load of 2handers emorageing because they can't mow archers down with as easily as everyone else and they take damage because they are to stupid to ally themselves with a shielder for protection.  :rolleyes:

To reciprocate I want 2 handers to be nerfed.  I want their weapons to move at realistics speeds according to their mass and not like the blurs they are at the moment.  Plus I want them to have a minimum effective range because i think it goes beyond credibility when you get killed by the haft of a  polearm and not the point.  For a 2hander to be able to kill someone at point blank is just plain stupid.  :twisted:

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 07:05:26 pm »
Yea and recently while wearing the same ammount of armor a single arrow took 60% of my hp, also from point blank. Its no joke.

Yeah, and recently while wearing the same amount of armor, a single arrow took 100% of my health, from medium range, archery is srs bsns.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 10:35:24 pm »
Yeah, and recently while wearing the same amount of armor, a single arrow took 100% of my health, from medium range, archery is srs bsns.

It really depends on the arrcher build to be fair.

Again, some archers take the minimum PD, while others (Like me) squeeze it for every drop. It also matters quite a lot on the range. I can drop any mid to low level horse with a few hits (Or one well placed headhsot) at close, but have to hit the bugger a dozen times from long range.

Just like some twit can kill you with five swipes form a sword, and others are a STR build to the max and one shot you with the same weapon.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:36:49 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2011, 12:30:09 am »
It might give more of an incentive to wear plate, but you still lose a shit ton of money when you wear it, so it won't make much of a difference anyway since only the 100kers will wear it for it to have much of an effect.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:31:36 am by DrTaco »
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2018, 06:56:42 am »
This is a good idea if it's possible
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.