Author Topic: Are Archers getting framed?  (Read 8724 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: Are Archers getting framed?
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »
+1
pls pls pls remove ladders from battle asap!!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2011, 06:29:45 pm »
Or allow torches to burn down buildings :)

I still think people crying about classes being overpowered are ridiculous.  Every class has strengths and weaknesses, everything can be countered.  I liked some of the nerfs, but I think they go too far.  Like nerfing long spears and pikes by making them 2 slots and can't be sheathed was a good move, reducing lance radius from horseback was okay too (but they should have made it so you can turn your hand over and stab down in front or back of the horse).  Making the long spears/pikes 3 slots has now made it easier for horsemen (notice how I didn't use the word "overpowered"). 

Are you guys planning on constantly trying to balance things in every patch?  Certain classes should have distinct advantages, why would you punish people for using a class in the way it's intended?  Don't like range spam?  Have your own ranged units keep them occupied.  Or send a shield wall (with 2h's and polearms behind) to take them out.  It's like beating a dead horse around here...every class can be countered (usually by more than one class).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2011, 10:14:15 pm »
+3
Have your own ranged units keep them occupied.  Or send a shield wall (with 2h's and polearms behind) to take them out.
Oh my god....This aint fuckin total war. If I am a 2h, I don't have anything to expect from my fellow ranged. They wont shoot the guys that are making the 2h's get raped. Just as I wont protect archers.

You aren't playing with controllable teammates, they are a bunch of morons trying to get kills.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2011, 10:16:29 pm »
+1
Oh my god....This aint fuckin total war. If I am a 2h, I don't have anything to expect from my fellow ranged. They wont shoot the guys that are making the 2h's get raped. Just as I wont protect archers.

You aren't playing with controllable teammates, they are a bunch of morons trying to get kills.

This is possibly the most honest thing I have ever heard in regards to crpg. I can't say I like the truth, but I have to agree with you that it is, indeed, the truth. I'm going to go be sad now. Tacticians + cRPG = water and oil.  :cry:

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2011, 11:42:38 pm »
From a dedicated xbowman stand point, i believe that xbow and archery is pretty balanced out. Though xbows do more damage, bows out shoot an xbowman any day. Xbows only have 1 shot before they have to spend like 10 seconds to reload their arbalest, while it takes an archer like 5 seconds to shoot their arrow. Archery and xbow is balanced, even though you can't melee in archery, you can always outrun someone with an xbow. Also archers can shoot farther away than xbows. To me the reason there is xbow is to take out people who wear heavy armor.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2011, 11:43:32 pm »
+3
Remove ladders
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »
Buff cav  :lol:
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2011, 06:13:50 pm »
While fun, the argument of religion is a two-egged sword. It might as well be said that:

"The path of righteous balance is beset on all sides, by the ineqieties of whiners and the tyranny of trolls. Blessed is he who, in the name of archery and good will, shephards the players through a forum of rage.
For he is truly his borther's keeper and the finder of future fun.
And I will remove these idiotes with great vengeance and furious anger. Those who attempt to poison and destroy cRPG.
And you will know that balance will be achieved, when I lay my vengeance upon thee"
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2011, 10:42:57 pm »

That's not true.  Not all, but some pubbers play in the team aspect. 

Maybe if there were more open field battles on the public servers it would force people to use teamwork more often (instead of using buildings for cover against ranged and cavalry).

If I'm shielding I'm almost always with another melee person to try and tag team people.  Or I might be trying to protect archers.  If I'm on cav I usually try to help our infantry and if I see one of our guys getting cut off or separated (or attacked because they're slow getting out of spawn) I usually do my best to help them.  I do whatever I can to keep my multiplier going up (or staying up).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:52:05 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2011, 10:50:55 pm »
Strange, the unskilled NA servers seem to have decent teamwork actually, and tams reacting to the others and swapping for proper equipment between rounds.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2011, 10:58:26 pm »
its pronounced FA.G.CHERS
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%

THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"
AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2011, 02:40:39 am »
There we have it. Proof that 2h is OP and should be nerfed until the cows come home. IT WON'T MAKE THE COW FAT!

ofc 2h/polearms have more kills... they're made for that. 1h is made to pair with a (ranged immunity/autoblocking multiple attacks) shield in left hand...

1h/shield for defence, 2h/polearm for attack... you know...

1h hammers 2-3 hits me like a danish... but they also knockdown and leave the left hand free to accomodate a huscarl/steel shield/heater..

Offline urface

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 7
  • (AEF)Dongal
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2011, 06:59:22 pm »
Obviously since xbows arent at the top of the stats board means that we should have a accuracy buff. I suggest 95 accuracy for my mw arb.

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2011, 07:01:31 pm »
its pronounced FA.G.CHERS

ew....its serge...

and NA cooperation is often times very one-sided...not much brain activity going on if you ask me.
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2011, 07:15:02 pm »
+3
That's not true.  Not all, but some pubbers play in the team aspect. 

Maybe if there were more open field battles on the public servers it would force people to use teamwork more often (instead of using buildings for cover against ranged and cavalry).

All teamwork between pubbies boils down to camping a hill/other defensible position with pikes and ranged. And attacking that (or for me, even being on the same team as the people doing that) is one of the least fun things in this game, so no please don't add in more random plains maps because that is all that happens after the first couple rounds.