Author Topic: Are Archers getting framed?  (Read 8709 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: Are Archers getting framed?
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2011, 07:24:07 pm »
I love Archery, and I know you all love me being an archer :D
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2011, 04:28:54 pm »
All teamwork between pubbies boils down to camping a hill/other defensible position with pikes and ranged. And attacking that (or for me, even being on the same team as the people doing that) is one of the least fun things in this game, so no please don't add in more random plains maps because that is all that happens after the first couple rounds.

So what is the alternative? Everyone for himself, go and get some kills? So the team with the better duellists wins? Then why go battle server, if you can go on the duel server?

One important aspect of a battle is the tactic used, and to me it is very interesting to see how tactics can beat individual player skill. The game gets more than one aspect.

If the enemy is using the most basic tactic of sticking together and waiting, then you have to invent something to break up the formation. First condition of course is, that if the entire enemy team is listening to a plan, you team will do the same.

And in my eyes using your brain should always be more rewarding than using your reflexes. That's why I think tactics should always beat skill.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2011, 05:51:20 pm »

Fun =/= Tactics

I play this game for fun, not to wait around for 5 minutes with each team camping before being able to actually fight. If you want actual tactics, play Strategus Battles.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:52:22 pm by BADPLAYER »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2011, 06:40:03 pm »
+1
I hope you do realize, that unlike archers, xbowers have the ability to be effective in melee right? So count some melee kills for xbowers too. ktybai

Think you devs should play more, instead of looking at some numbers.

Taking just 1 bag of arrows won't hurt you and you will be able to take langes messer which is really dangerous weapon in proper hands. But archers prefer to take more arrows and just fleeeeeeeeee.... and then turn around and shoot ...

Skyrim UI

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:48 pm »
Taking just 1 bag of arrows won't hurt you and you will be able to take langes messer which is really dangerous weapon in proper hands.

Two bags of arrows are even more dangerous in proper hands for a dedicated build spending most or all points on PD and WM. One bag instead of two would not allow me to freely and aggressively hunt horses and high priority targets like I do now.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:47:33 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2011, 08:14:06 pm »
It's like beating a dead horse around here...

Hey now, just because i'm new to this game.
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2011, 12:17:51 am »
29.11. to 5.12.

One handed:         29312 (20.39%)
Two handed:        43827 (30.49%)
Polearms:         40093 (27.89%)
Bow:            13055 (9.08%)
Crossbows:          6636 (4.62%)
Thrown:          2792 (1.94%)
Headshot:          5686 (3.96%)
Horsebump:          2271 (1.58%)
Others:            84 (0.06%)
Teamkills:          4955 (3.45%)

Just because archers kill more or deal more damage or whatever, doesn't mean there are more archers. Go to a battleserver at the moment, usually you have almost twice as many guys using a crossbow than a normal bow. Everyone can shoot around with a crossbow, thing is most of them do not have skill.

I think you have more guys going full archer and little going full crossbow, but still there are many many hybrids with crossbows and I think the number of guys using a crossbow is still higher of those being full archers.
But, full archers have the skill, because shooting is most of what they do and they have the looms etc etc, thus they deal more damage ;)
Most crossbowguys are noobs, you can always say when they will shoot when you have a rangedduel with them. Whereas they always miss you get the chance to kill them one by one. ---> lots of crossbowguys, but more damage done by archers, because we have skill and will rule da world once  8-)

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2011, 12:43:02 am »
Just because archers kill more or deal more damage or whatever, doesn't mean there are more archers. Go to a battleserver at the moment, usually you have almost twice as many guys using a crossbow than a normal bow. Everyone can shoot around with a crossbow, thing is most of them do not have skill.

I think you have more guys going full archer and little going full crossbow, but still there are many many hybrids with crossbows and I think the number of guys using a crossbow is still higher of those being full archers.
But, full archers have the skill, because shooting is most of what they do and they have the looms etc etc, thus they deal more damage ;)
Most crossbowguys are noobs, you can always say when they will shoot when you have a rangedduel with them. Whereas they always miss you get the chance to kill them one by one. ---> lots of crossbowguys, but more damage done by archers, because we have skill and will rule da world once  8-)
I say the reason archers do more damage is that we are constantly attacking. We are always hitting horses we are always shooting. While as a foot solider will on hit say 10 times a round and there is a large amount of time walking and maneuvering between those hits. I would also like to add that archers should be better then crossbow wielding monkeys that have  access to melee combat aswell. Committed Crossbowmen when they are skilled are evenly matched. Though they are alot more expensive and therefor you don't see many of them.

I would also like to say the population of committed archers has dropped. I would say this nerf on archer is far enough. It did its job and reduced are population and required us to put more points in strength and thus reduced are speed. I would say though the Nerf on archery has been a giant boost on CAV. I would suggest Nerfing Horses Health to match the nerf in Bow and Arrow DMG.

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2011, 01:12:18 am »
The only possibility i can think up with by 'others' is mountless horses bumpkilling people.
nah, that's still horsebump.
Others is unarmed, that is punches and kicks. (except for kicking someone down a wall, that's under headshot)
Suicides don't get counted in the script.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2011, 01:19:44 am »
nah, that's still horsebump.
Others is unarmed, that is punches and kicks. (except for kicking someone down a wall, that's under headshot)
Suicides don't get counted in the script.
Do TK's count positive? If so that's why archers have the most Kills :P Damn Equip screen....

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2011, 02:50:29 am »
Two bags of arrows are even more dangerous in proper hands for a dedicated build spending most or all points on PD and WM. One bag instead of two would not allow me to freely and aggressively hunt horses and high priority targets like I do now.

wrong! MW horn with 3 MW tartars are deeeeadly.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2011, 10:16:01 am »
Do TK's count positive? If so that's why archers have the most Kills :P Damn Equip screen....

no.. damn kill counter... when there are 5 team mates bashing a lonely plate tank and the archer really have the need to shoot him also often killing the other 5 mates and start running away when he realize he just saved that plate enemy's life.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2011, 08:24:48 pm »

It's all about adjusting equipment.
If you expect that you will have some kind of protection given to you from your team, take 2 bags. If your melee teammates died you wouldn't do very much in melee anyway. Wpf and PS are somehow important factors.

If you want to be away from your teammates, or your teammates are horsemen and don't want to protect you, then take a good sidearm to at least make the enemy tired. 1 bag will be enough then.

You can always try to find some arrows everywhere, or sidearm, so that you can adjust your eq. in the middle of the battle.

Skyrim UI

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2011, 08:30:43 pm »
29.11. to 5.12.

One handed:         29312 (20.39%)
Two handed:        43827 (30.49%)
Polearms:         40093 (27.89%)
Bow:            13055 (9.08%)
Crossbows:          6636 (4.62%)
Thrown:          2792 (1.94%)
Headshot:          5686 (3.96%)
Horsebump:          2271 (1.58%)
Others:            84 (0.06%)
Teamkills:          4955 (3.45%)

Ranged Total : 15.64%
Melee Total : 78.67%

Pls buff archery...

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2011, 08:52:32 pm »

Pls buff archery...

Tears of destiny finally brown nosed the entire dev team on irrc to get on the dev team seen here posing in her lordly tranny suit with MW ak 47
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.