Author Topic: Are Archers getting framed?  (Read 9061 times)

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
Re: Are Archers getting framed?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:38 am »
+1
What I'm reading in these stats here is that crossbows have a little over 50% of the kills that archers have in a given time period. That's pretty straightforward. However, reading between the lines, you need to remember that a large part of the crossbow kills come from entirely melee specced characters, that are using crossbows as sidearms, due to the complete lack of skill point requirements.

When you throw that into the mix, you have dangerous archers that are only dangerous (generally :) ) from a distance. Then you have melee characters with crossbows that get to do everything. Change this crap, please?

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 01:35:02 am »
+5
I never understood the point of using frag count statistics to determine whether buffing/nerfing is necessary.

It's obvious that the closer you are to the enemy the more deceisive the fight will be, ie. none of the fighters will [be able to] run away and it will most likely end up with one of them being dead. Archers/ranged engage shitload of targers because they can, wounding, interrupting, dehorsing, though they aren't able to focus on one target to put couple of arrows and finish him off in the thick of battle unless it's a fucking kiting situation.

Kill count isn't all that important in here. Area denial by camping unreachable spots is.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 01:43:08 am »
Throwing was right where I thought it would be. At about 1%...
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 01:50:04 am »
+1
I never understood the point of using frag count statistics to determine whether buffing/nerfing is necessary.

I never understood why people think we use frag count statistics to determine whether buffing/nerfing is necessary.

If you look at the OP, he asked about quantity, nothing about buffing/nerfing here.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 02:00:53 am »
I never understood why people think we use frag count statistics to determine whether buffing/nerfing is necessary.

If you look at the OP, he asked about quantity, nothing about buffing/nerfing here.

USA_CMP_THE_GODFATHER has spoken.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 02:06:50 am »
Well i think its because you see far more archers taking repeated shots at you from their position while xbowmen tend to take on a more sniper one hit kill style.
Turtles

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 02:24:57 am »
Hmm.. that's because archer can't one shot anything except peasant... so expect more than one shot coming for you!  :lol:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 02:28:52 am »
See here's the problem, a lot of crossbow people are using 2 handers as well, a luxury they can have. 90% of archers get their kills almost exclusively from archery. Crossbow men get probably more like 50%-60% of their kills from their crossbow and the rest from a stronger side arm. If crossbows got buffed and actually had a skill similar to PD for them to upgrade in order to use crossbows and be stronger but also making stronger sidearms less viable(powerful polearms, 2handers, shield and sword ect.), then you would see crossbow kills go up and 2 hander kills go down.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:32:49 am by Aseldo »

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 02:53:35 am »
Crossbow is a dieing class it is incredibly expensive to use it as a sidearm nowadays so most melee don't take a crossbow with owpf I only see a couple of dedicated hybrid xbowmen who have been around since the dawn of crpg still using em anymore and I am pretty sure I am the only rich retard who ever bothers bringing in my sidearm xbow and only to hunt horses.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 02:54:41 am »
If crossbows got buffed and actually had a skill similar to PD for them to upgrade in order to use crossbows and be stronger but also making stronger sidearms less viable(powerful polearms, 2handers, shield and sword ect.), then you would see crossbow kills go up and 2 hander kills go down.
It sounds like you're suggesting a buff to crossbows would be good, but I'm not sure. While it's true that with a buff, crossbow kills would go up and melee kills wound go down by about the same number of kills, you would also have an abundance of overpowered melee/crossbow hybrids.

BTW, what category do gravity kills counts as? 84 seems too small a number for deaths by gravity.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 02:57:27 am »
+1

Well, this for example:

(click to show/hide)

Or at least some people with their name beginning with 'F' often use these stats as an argument for/against suggestions.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 03:01:54 am »
It sounds like you're suggesting a buff to crossbows would be good, but I'm not sure. While it's true that with a buff, crossbow kills would go up and melee kills wound go down by about the same number of kills, you would also have an abundance of overpowered melee/crossbow hybrids.

BTW, what category do gravity kills counts as? 84 seems too small a number for deaths by gravity.

I was suggesting a buff to people that when crossbow but at the expense that they didn't have such a selection of hybrid builds like archers.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:30 am »
29.11. to 5.12.

One handed:         29312 (20.39%)
Two handed:        43827 (30.49%)
Polearms:         40093 (27.89%)
Bow:            13055 (9.08%)
Crossbows:          6636 (4.62%)
Thrown:          2792 (1.94%)
Headshot:          5686 (3.96%)
Horsebump:          2271 (1.58%)
Others:            84 (0.06%)
Teamkills:          4955 (3.45%)

I hope you do realize, that unlike archers, xbowers have the ability to be effective in melee right? So count some melee kills for xbowers too. ktybai

Think you devs should play more, instead of looking at some numbers.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:03:47 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:50 am »
Fasader mad cause it is known that xbowmen always put 1 bolt into enemy and then finish off in melee. In truth they have 60% kills. That's also why 2h kills are so high. Pure 2h is horrible underpowered or like Thomek rightfully put it, dying out slowly.

lol.. I said Ninjas were dying out :) not 2h.

IDK why but zero leet archers were on tonight. Also, I noticed u have 17 ping paul. Of course any fast weapon will be spammy with that ping and that build..  :rolleyes:  Even you fell for a simple kinngrimm (10ping) left slash, so there you have it. I do understand your pov.

Last night was KMC, Nebun, Radh, Tybox, Pawlo and one more grey I can't remember on at the same time. Poland vs Russia Archery contest. All of them have full bow and arrow looms and do know how to shoot. I seemed to die from ranged every single round...

Also, back to OP. Yes too many xbows (because they CAN and because peeps want to counter Archers). Also xbowcav is a joke pls remove. Also, cav needs nerf because their retarded lances do too much damage as in 1 shotting people. Which is simply not fun for anyone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 03:47:05 am »
Archers kill me in melee more often than a crossbowman. I get 2-3 hit by archers with a mace/1h weapons and crossbowmans take the same amount of hits to kill me.
Archers and crossbowman use the same tactic: shoot once, take out melee weapon.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:50:09 am by robert_namo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login