Poll

Rank the essay!

1 - bad
5 - good

Author Topic: The Inevitable Rise of Greed and Grind in Online Games  (Read 15778 times)

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
Re: The Inevitable Rise of Greed and Grind in Online Games
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2011, 12:22:45 am »
Since when does Justin Bieber play CRPG..?

My popularity based on the amount of people that know about my presence and the amount of people that talk about me can be compared on a linear scale with Bieber, and it does match a striking resemblance, it can actually be said that my popularity overwhelms his. Good eyes, thanks for the pointing that out, my fan.

Anybody else think we should start a poll to force Balton to change his name to Balton the Malevolent?

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=malevolent

Something about 
in response to
  seems neither benevolent nor demonstrative of a willingness to adhere to the rules of grade school reading comprehension.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=benevolent

Internet knight to the rescue. Surely the damsel in distress that you have rescued will now reward you with e-sex.

Man, he trolled you into thinking that he have english as second language :)

Btw i gave him 1 because he missed the theme...

The incredible number of people that keep claiming English is my first language can only be taken as a compliment, for you spawns have noticed my superiority across the board, and cannot help but bask in my glory. I love you too, my dear fans.

How am I being trolled if i'm not angry/upset/ trying to tell him he's wrong?   :(

Based on your smiley, it seems like they are the ones that are trolling you.

Rise from your grave.

A fan that does work for me, oh gosh, my tokens of power are increasing at an incomprehensible level.

My opinion of this essay is that it is stupid.  In the previous incantation of cRPG the difference between a new player and a no lifer veteran, was absolutely astronomical.  A level 47 can absolutely own someone lower level than them far more often than not.  A lot of people were considered very skilled players mainly because their levels were so high.  The newest cRPG patch equalized the game quite a bit.  The difference between a level 32 or even 33 with full heirlooms and a level 30 is not even close to the difference between a level 31 player and a level 45 player. 

Also, the ladder system would be fun.  But what we really need is strategus back!  That is the place for people to go when they really want more out of this game than simple cRPG matches. 

Just because improvements were applied to an old system that was deemed as 'astronomically' fucked up, doesn't mean the new system still isn't largely fucked up.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2011, 11:30:06 pm »
How come nobody has brought up the absolutely incomprehensible idea he put forth regarding something about linking ping to heirlooms?

Clearly, a player with a lower ping has an advantage over a player with a higher ping. So, to conclude this point: Give heirlooms based on ping rather than time invested into the game. But in what manner could such a system possibly be implanted, you might ask. Well, you see, myself being a jack-of-all-trades, as well as a genius, I have already come up with the answer to your woes (now you may sleep soundly at night). The solution would be to apply heirloom bonuses on items at a tick which would occur once every x amount of seconds. X is a specified range of numbers, one of the numbers in this range will be chosen at random, and will define what the timer is for the next heirloom tick. The range of x could be anything, but the range 1-60 seems like a solid base to start with. Anyway, this bores me, I am sure you can figure out the rest without me holding your hand.

I'd ask if he was high or something but we already know that by that point he must've been peaking. What the fuck does this even mean, dude? During a round your items would randomly gain bonuses or something? Based on ping? I guess for higher ping players the chances would be greater? How does that fix their inability to hit anybody in the first place due to lag? You are far from divinely inspired, man. At this point I'm convinced you suffer from a mild retardation.

In all seriousness, though, how hard is it to just write a few words on how you're sorry that you're a cheating douchebag, you realize you are a douchebag, and you will exhibit 100% less douchebaggery in the future? Look, I just wrote the essay for you.

chadz, server mods, please just permaban this kid's IP from the game and the forums and shut this shit down. If he's really sorry he'll move out of his parent's house just to play again. If not, no big loss. In fact, no loss at all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:31:08 pm by Delro »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2011, 11:48:05 pm »
I do agree with the above post.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2011, 02:45:11 am »
How come nobody has brought up the absolutely incomprehensible idea he put forth regarding something about linking ping to heirlooms?

I'd ask if he was high or something but we already know that by that point he must've been peaking. What the fuck does this even mean, dude? During a round your items would randomly gain bonuses or something? Based on ping? I guess for higher ping players the chances would be greater? How does that fix their inability to hit anybody in the first place due to lag? You are far from divinely inspired, man. At this point I'm convinced you suffer from a mild retardation.

In all seriousness, though, how hard is it to just write a few words on how you're sorry that you're a cheating douchebag, you realize you are a douchebag, and you will exhibit 100% less douchebaggery in the future? Look, I just wrote the essay for you.

chadz, server mods, please just permaban this kid's IP from the game and the forums and shut this shit down. If he's really sorry he'll move out of his parent's house just to play again. If not, no big loss. In fact, no loss at all.

What inability to hit people? Earlier today (~12 hours or so) I was topping the scoreboards on EU1 when it was nearly fully populated (100+ players). My ping there is ~240. Clearly if I can top the scoreboards with a ping of 240, then hitting their opponents is not a problem for high-ping players (skill permitting).

And yes, you understood my idea correctly, except the point was that the low ping players wouldn't receive heirlooms at all.

And umad I wrote an excellent piece of literature in which I did not apologize, but still got my char restored? Rage harder, kiddo, you wish you were as smooth-tongued as my divine-self.

I do agree with the above post.

You would like it if I was perma-banned, just so you could stop getting raped by me every-time we encounter each-other on the battlefield. S'all good brah, just keep sharpening your skills, maybe one day you will actually stand a chance against me.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2011, 02:54:25 am »
You would like it if I was perma-banned, just so you could stop getting raped by me every-time we encounter each-other on the battlefield. S'all good brah, just keep sharpening your skills, maybe one day you will actually stand a chance against me.

Look just below the '[pTx]' to the right of his post. You see the two words written there, 'Global Moderator'? What those mean is that if he wanted you perma-banned, you'd be perma-banned already.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2011, 03:02:06 am »
Look just below the '[pTx]' to the right of his post. You see the two words written there, 'Global Moderator'? What those mean is that if he wanted you perma-banned, you'd be perma-banned already.

Only a child like you would ban people due to differences in personal opinions/skills. Have fun growing up, kid  8-)

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2011, 03:09:48 am »
Only a child like you would ban people due to differences in personal opinions.

Could you give me an example of a ban which is not the result of a difference in opinions?

Take into account that one's motivations will be based entirely on a set of opinions which you yourself hold to be the case.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2011, 09:51:16 am »
The only time i have seen you ingame was in the first fallen tournament, where your spamming ass was the first i put down in one qualifying round.
And, no, only chadz can hand out DB bans. This isn't about opinions, this is about attitude. You are detrimental to this community, i bet a lot of people would want to see you gone, the rest not really caring.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2011, 10:40:07 am »
pretty sure i suggested perma banning him and being done with it earlier in this thread. as he is... he is of no value to the community except for the occasional laugh at his expense.

my advice to you balton... is stop posting on the forums. apply for a name change, and try to build up a new reputation under a new name. but since you are who you are, i fully expect you to keep doing what you're doing until you offend chadz enough that he removes you.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2011, 11:45:31 am »
Could you give me an example of a ban which is not the result of a difference in opinions?

Take into account that one's motivations will be based entirely on a set of opinions which you yourself hold to be the case.
The only time i have seen you ingame was in the first fallen tournament, where your spamming ass was the first i put down in one qualifying round.
And, no, only chadz can hand out DB bans. This isn't about opinions, this is about attitude. You are detrimental to this community, i bet a lot of people would want to see you gone, the rest not really caring.
pretty sure i suggested perma banning him and being done with it earlier in this thread. as he is... he is of no value to the community except for the occasional laugh at his expense.

my advice to you balton... is stop posting on the forums. apply for a name change, and try to build up a new reputation under a new name. but since you are who you are, i fully expect you to keep doing what you're doing until you offend chadz enough that he removes you.

You girls are so cute xD

Welcome to my fan club, all of you.

And ptx, your low intelligence is detrimental to my mental health, but you don't see me complaining.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:37:04 pm by Balton »

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2011, 01:32:38 pm »
You girls are so cute xD

Welcome to my fan club, all of you.

I can see that you're avoiding my question because you're intimidated by my superior intellect, it's fine I don't blame you, it's only natural for lesser beings to fear those superior to them.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2011, 12:33:54 am »
Could we close this? He unfortunately was unbanned, don't feed the troll even more.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2011, 12:49:29 am »
Could we close this? He unfortunately was unbanned, don't feed the troll even more.

Feeding a "troll" like Balton is for entertainment, believe me, I get great joy from reading this thread.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Wiegraf_BRD

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • 我行我素
    • View Profile
    • 土豆網 > Google
  • Faction: Taiwanese and Chinese Army
  • Game nicks: Wretch. The_Mayor.
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2011, 09:24:42 pm »
I see plagerism.  Fail.
My response:  diet bro ur fat

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2011, 03:48:03 pm »
What inability to hit people? Earlier today (~12 hours or so) I was topping the scoreboards on EU1 when it was nearly fully populated (100+ players). My ping there is ~240. Clearly if I can top the scoreboards with a ping of 240, then hitting their opponents is not a problem for high-ping players (skill permitting).

And yes, you understood my idea correctly, except the point was that the low ping players wouldn't receive heirlooms at all.

And umad I wrote an excellent piece of literature in which I did not apologize, but still got my char restored? Rage harder, kiddo, you wish you were as smooth-tongued as my divine-self.

HA! The boy's so "smooth-tongued" he got himself perma-banned from the forums. Nice one!