Author Topic: Massive multiplayer strategy games and their metagame. Can something be done?  (Read 12666 times)

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Re: Massive multiplayer strategy games and their metagame. Can something be done?
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2011, 06:54:48 am »
+1
lol, what exactly is that supposed to mean?

We beat De Bitre, we beat the Antarian's, we hold Buillin. Of course you can believe the nonsense that all our stuff is given to us by the "UIF" but that is just that, nonsense. Fact is we have been grinding out the trade goods quietly since strat started. How is HRE doin?

Yeah as if you guys did all of this by yourself .. you're just another puppet. Don't even try

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Massive multiplayer strategy games and their metagame. Can something be done?
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2011, 07:10:39 am »
+1
De Bitre and the Antarians are both small clans, nor do they seem to have mercing agreements on the same level as we do. We used 1400 tickets in our war with them (not including the essential neutral village defence), this is not a large amount. The average level of equipment was pretty poor on both sides, and cheap, not a major accomplishment.

I do not see "all this" as being all that much. Maybe you think fighting a few small battles and taking a village is pretty big and that is your prerogative, you are free to think what you will.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2011, 08:06:37 am »
We're all someone's bitch, aren't we ? The sooner you accept it, the better :)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2011, 08:40:09 am »
Cool story bro, first half of strat 1 was simply dominated by the incompetent templar bloc until we and our good friends crushed it.

You mean that clan that rolled you and all of your 3-4 fiefs just by themselves in like 2-3 days before you became DRZ's bitches who fed you crazy amounts of troops and equipment to win along with the help of RuConquisat, STR, BIA, and every other russian clan in the game, because you lose when its a  1 v 1 fight??  Always have been like that little brother who brags when his big brother comes along and beats people up, while pretending it is you.  I have yet to see a Strategus where it wasn't almost completely your allies that succeeded while you rode on their coattails and yet you are always the loudest braggart of the bunch.

lol, what exactly is that supposed to mean?

We beat De Bitre, we beat the Antarian's, we hold Buillin. Of course you can believe the nonsense that all our stuff is given to us by the "UIF" but that is just that, nonsense. Fact is we have been grinding out the trade goods quietly since strat started. How is HRE doin?

Thats interesting, there never was any reported battle of Den Bitre v. 22nd.  Oh yeah, a bunch of grey order and DRZ defended a neutral village against them, but then the server crashed and when  it came back they had lost a lot more mercenaries than the village and didnt have enough to take it.  Of course, 22nd takes credit for 1) server crash, 2) Drz and Grey order mercs, and 3) neutral fief.  Just like always, take credit for what stronger clans do, while really accomplishing nothing on your own.

Antarians, hmmm, oh yeah, you couldn't take a neutral fief after 2 months of strategus, so another clan came in and started doing what you were incapable of on your own and you attacked after they just had heavy losses taking a neutral villlage and like a vulture claimed a "Great victory."   Lol. 

How many fiefs do you own of the 10-11 you claimed 2 months ago when start 3.0 came out?? 1.

If you were not part of the same mega-alliance  that protects its baby brother since strat 1.0 and does all the tough work for you, any decent-sized EU clan would have just stepped in and easily taken all your claims.  So instead your "claimed" land has 3 of the 5 untaken villages in EU (union and grey order took 2 of them, noticeably you never challenged that).
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2011, 09:05:54 am »
+4
Top 10 dick moves of all times in cRPG/Strat are done exclusively by the game's developers/admins/moderators:

1. Allowing Keshian to register in the game.
2. Allowing Keshian to post on forums.
3. Not banning Keshian permanently after the first wave of unthinkable garbage from his keyboard.
4. Not giving Keshian a mute after every single rubbish post he makes (which is every single day)
5. Not banning Keshians game key, IP address and about everything else you can ban right after his first mutation expired and he started with his garbage again, meaning he didn't learn the lesson.
6. Not tracing down Keshian in real life and find out as much information about him as possible, so they can ban him over & over again after he comes back from point number 5 (see above).
7. Not stating that "We don't listen to Kesh", similar to what Paul stated about Tzar.
8. Not deleting every single "suggestion" & reply he makes before poor people hurt their eyes by reading it.
9. Banning P-a-n-o-s ahead of Keshian.
10. Not removing every single evidence of the name "Keshian" from this game & forum (similar what they did with P-a-n-o-s), making it 100% impossible to write that name ever again, no matter how hard you try.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2011, 10:44:42 am »
+2

We are being fucked in every oraface by 8-10 clans ganging up on us but apart from that we are doing fine and dandy :)

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2011, 12:03:32 pm »
Kesh's faith in his theories is so strong
Igni et ferro

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2011, 12:19:15 pm »
Kesh's faith in his theories is so strong

Sure it's propaganda, but if fallen attacked the 22nd (i use past because they will certainly not attack 22nd now...! :wink:) what would you have done? and it's the same for any members of the "old" UIF, no?

(i don't criticize, you guys showed that you are men of honor and speech, that never let down an ally).

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »
What they have shown is that they are a bunch of carebears that disregard challenge to win for the reasons of flexing e-peens in stupid threads (like the Risen/Bashi win brag thread over Byzantium last round).

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2011, 01:08:19 pm »
+1
What they have shown is that they are a bunch of carebears that disregard challenge to win for the reasons of flexing e-peens in stupid threads (like the Risen/Bashi win brag thread over Byzantium last round).
Did you forget first Strat? What 22nd have shown? How fiefless faction can fight enormous block. In the very beginning they didn't have much allies and even Greys were about to fight vs 22nd, sending 6k troops from Gisim to Fenada.
They have shown their strength and will and factions started joining them in fight against Templars.

Unfortunately there are no factions in current Strat who can try to do smth like Pub Crawl. I guess PC was the last attempt to resist. Now it's only forum talks, whines and endless UIF blaming.

It seems that for you (you, who are not able to resist ex-UIF factions) it's better to believe in Kesh's theories. You can't believe that fiefless faction can organize itself and start fighting against all odds vs supreme force.
Kesh's theories excuse your impotence and encourage forum whines.
Go on.

Sure it's propaganda, but if fallen attacked the 22nd (i use past because they will certainly not attack 22nd now...! :wink:) what would you have done? and it's the same for any members of the "old" UIF, no?

(i don't criticize, you guys showed that you are men of honor and speech, that never let down an ally).
Frankly speaking, I don't know what would happen. At least what would DRZ do.

thanks-)
Igni et ferro

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2011, 01:10:51 pm »
Zaharist I'll start believing UIF lies when I actually see a fight in west Calradia. Till then you're all just one big fief idling alliance to me.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2011, 01:12:41 pm »
+1
Zaharist I'll start believing UIF lies when I actually see a fight in west Calradia. Till then you're all just one big fief idling alliance to me.

I though you already believe that UIF lies all the time???  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2011, 01:15:20 pm »
+1
There are 2 possible ways:
1. Fight those guys who spread lies on forum and talk BS about your ingame friends you know since Native release (or even beta test)
2. Fight vs each other when there are still lots of 'Keshs and Kesh followers' who spread lies ...
What would you chose?
Igni et ferro

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2011, 01:23:24 pm »
+1
I though you already believe that UIF lies all the time???  :rolleyes:

Lies yes or no, doesn't matter. You guys work together, even if it's just peace. Whatever the fuck you guys are plotting versus eachother I don't know (but I doubt you are). As I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

There are 2 possible ways:
1. Fight those guys who spread lies on forum and talk BS about your ingame friends you know since Native release (or even beta test)
2. Fight vs each other when there are still lots of 'Keshs and Kesh followers' who spread lies ...
What would you chose?

The way I see it, there are 2 possible ways:

- easy mode (gang up on smaller clans with your thousand friendly clans)
- challenge mode (actually consider overall strat balance and not only care about winning)

But hey, can't change ones mentality ye?

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2011, 01:26:51 pm »

But hey, can't change ones mentality ye?

Indeed. you can't stop whining.

In both ways it's pleasure. Even more pleasure fighting equals, but it seems that first of all whiners should be wiped. They are tooo annoying and can ruin all the fun with their endless tears.

Anyway I am not in charge since strat 1. and I don't know why do ex-UIF clans still pay attention to you. I have to deal with it and wait for some fun in future, when they will stop beating mosquitos
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:30:10 pm by Zaharist »
Igni et ferro