Author Topic: Massive multiplayer strategy games and their metagame. Can something be done?  (Read 12660 times)

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
FU, I will not tell you :-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Where is that option ?  :mrgreen:
Trying to transfer gold from faction to cRPG will be punished by death :!:  I swear, I will murder you in cold blood...

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
lol Anders... learn our history before you tell us to learn it.

we picked a fight with mercs, fought a long bloody battle before agreeing on terms of peace, turned around and joined drz and fallen in their plan against NE, took land from NE, were immediately attacked by DRZ once our NAP ran out because DRZ made peace with NE factions as soon as they got all the free land they could get, at which point they then allied with the remnants of the NE in order to attack FCC and gain more land... which didnt really work at all... and then 2.0 wiped.

we actually tried to get along with DRZ in 2.0 but they greatly underestimated us and tried for some easy land, and i think they hate us now because we were showing everyone that they arent invincible.

bah, almost all that sutff there is back room deals minus the war declarations, and some other minor things here and there.

But, the point STILL stands, your fought what, 5 factions/blocs last strat and then whine and moan that those blocs are coming after you?
Concerning the DRZ attacks, meh, worked is speculative. By the point of the wipe, the NA Alliance of Carebear Parties(or NAACP, or in other words you.) had lost 2 villages.  But, this discussion is not about Alliances, but metagame. I just find that of all the people posting incessantly about carebaring is coming from the NAACP themselves which itself is a carebear alliance.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
so we should all just say "fuck it" and war each other until we get zerged by the UIF? as opposed to trying to be able to offer up some resistance?

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
+1
Trying to transfer gold from faction to cRPG will be punished by death :!:  I swear, I will murder you in cold blood...
Daddy why ?  :cry:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
so we should all just say "fuck it" and war each other until we get zerged by the UIF? as opposed to trying to be able to offer up some resistance?

Yea. Otherwise can it and deal with it. If you are going to bitch about Carebear, then break it up. the NAACP has 1/3 of NA lands. If goons get added, that's half the NA map in control of 2 alliances. Can you see why i'm so damn annoyed by this carebear back and forth?

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
except that the EU carebear alliance will have 99% of the EU map soon, as well as up to 25% of the NA map.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
except that the EU carebear alliance will have 99% of the EU map soon, as well as up to 25% of the NA map.

FCC IS THE WORLD'S ONLY HOPE, LAST LINE OF DEFENSE

Will FCC endure against the endless hordes or will all things good and beautiful die with you?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
+1
didnt i already say we will kill them all till they go home?  :lol:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2

May the Force be with you.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Massive multiplayer strategy games and their metagame. Can something be done?
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2011, 03:33:25 am »
What Strategus could be?  First half of strat 1.0 - tons of little wars between 1 clan possibly 2 clans against another and much vying and fun was had by all. 

Cool story bro, first half of strat 1 was simply dominated by the incompetent templar bloc until we and our good friends crushed it.

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
Re: Massive multiplayer strategy games and their metagame. Can something be done?
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2011, 04:28:07 am »
Honestly, you 22nd guys should take the chance to shut up whenever it's handed to you, if my faction had your track record this strat, i knew i would.

Sorry lepi for flaming, and its even your BDAY! All Hail Lepi, ruler of men and animals!

edit; had to put that pic in
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:17:51 am by Harafat »

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2011, 06:37:49 am »
Vibe,
Strategus, as the name suggest it, is about strategy.

That man has high education ...do not mess with him ;)

Mute Kesh permanently on the forums? Takes away 95% of the whining 85% of the made up BS.

Best idea so far, keep the good work ;)

You sir were gifted with the Warrior Spirit ... Keep the good work too !

[...]

TL;DR ?

Long story short , I feel really bad for EU who don't unite to make a stand , but instead allied themselves to "the" alliance. Shame on you, you disgrace your Ancestors! Now being officially neutral I can say this : It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees. Even if FCC get wiped, it's impressive to see what's needed to fight them. Were the 300 Spartans happy to die from such a battle where they don't fear to be outnumbered ? They had something to be proud of. What about you ? Let's ally everyone, farm troops and equip, and when we feel that we outnumber people a lot, let's attack. Until then , let's sit back and wait and just troll on the forum. We'll fight when we are very sure to win without much challenge. Well guess what, they'll fight hard and they won't fall easily.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2011, 06:45:43 am »
+1
Honestly, you 22nd guys should take the chance to shut up whenever it's handed to you, if my faction had your track record this strat, i knew i would.

lol, what exactly is that supposed to mean?

We beat De Bitre, we beat the Antarian's, we hold Buillin. Of course you can believe the nonsense that all our stuff is given to us by the "UIF" but that is just that, nonsense. Fact is we have been grinding out the trade goods quietly since strat started. How is HRE doin?