Poll

Why don't you enjoy playing on EU 1 ?

Lots of ranged makes the game unplayable ...
Lots of cav charging from everywhere makes the game unplayable...
Lots of melee attacking from everywhere makes the game unplayable (Explain how please)
I think EU_1 is fine . I like how it is.
Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.
I don't know about gameplay but with this upkeep , i can't play...

Author Topic: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?  (Read 20236 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2011, 12:51:51 pm »
now i get why there is so much ranged spam in siege nowadays... they all came cos they have no more targets in battle...  :(

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2011, 12:56:04 pm »
+1
bla bla... im so smart and "tactical"

and my igronre list grows stronger yet.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2011, 12:58:03 pm »

do you use sunglasses Bilndguy?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:00:18 pm by Frankysan »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2011, 01:40:22 pm »
i have 70 body armour and i find that a dedicated archer ( with looms ) will 3 shot me too

prepatch with 72 armor and 75hp, i could sustain 4-5 short range arrows and 1 arbalest bolt leaving me at 30%
post patch with 66 armor and 75hp, i could barely sustain 4 arrows. 1 arbalest bolt leaving me at 15%
short range headshots (bodkins, steel bolts) are still 1shot1kill even with klappvisier and that health amount.

now i roam around with 51 body armor (+2 lamellar, +3 mittens) and 58hp. i get regularily 2 shot under 10-20 meters and 3shot above 20 meters.

well i can live with it unless when i finally get near an archer he just start kiting while two other archers pops out leaving me in a death triangle.

xbowmen are fine anyway. they can't kite you by running and shooting and usually a xbowman will switch melee and start fighting.

Get rid off rooftops, and 92% of these Archers you named would suck terrible :-)

I still like to play on EU 1... if only it is to set an example for other "good" archers, that you dont need to camp rooftops to be on the top of the board.
If you want to breed haters as an archers, do it in a honorable way.
Make yourself a target, support your melee teammates, eliminate the good players on the enemy team.
Do not spam arrows from some hard to reach rooftop at random peasants. Its lame and not skillfull.
All-in-all dont go for the kills, go for the team.

But yeah, the amount of range spam is getting horrible.

Ive said it already so many times....
Nerf like they did too archers, remove there ability to hybrid. Give them same restrictions as archers have on armor/weapons.
Nerf Rooftops
Nerf the Hornbow,  unable use of bodkin arrows for 5 and less PD req bows. Nerf the speed.

And i think banner balance sometimes realy fucks up the teams. Sometimes you get 3 diffrent clan stacked up against a team of randomers

PS. if i were to give you names of good archers. i would name

Merc_Mustikki (my inspiration when i started playing cRPG)

DRZ_Nebun

DRZ_Hetman

maybe hetman_the_grey  :wink: he's an assault archer. hornbow and mace. he never run or kite, he just steamroll other archers and then focus on priority targets. when engaged, switch to melee and often gets ganked with honor.

nebun, kmc and sprut, are the best known rus archers. accuracy there is impressive.

you see, the points is not the good archers... the no-skilled archers just kite you forever since they never gave a shot to learn some basic melee stuff.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »
Too many archers and cav.

But when they've got a superior cavalry, that can pwn all our noob archers, then it's indeed a one sided battle.

Archers should learn how to shoot horses, before learning how to climb a ladder while having his bow drawn out. Just saying.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2011, 01:59:57 pm »
Remove ladders....
Game is unplayable last days... 3 hits and you are doomed...

Something should be done about number of ranged... there are usualy several archers ft. almost every third person using xbow, if you add HA's...
You dont have to be genius to figure out that somethings wrong...

If you can't figure out some shit, than you can see all of that flyin' shit all around when you enter server, except if you aren't BlindGay...

Btw. sometimes there is too much cav, but you can handle that with long spear or pike.. ranged guys just run away and delay if Thomek's not on server  :mrgreen:

SMRT FAŠIZMU, SLOBODA NARODU!
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2011, 02:39:40 pm »
+1
Remove ladders....
Game is unplayable last days... 3 hits and you are doomed...

Something should be done about number of ranged... there are usualy several archers ft. almost every third person using xbow, if you add HA's...
You dont have to be genius to figure out that somethings wrong...

If you can't figure out some shit, than you can see all of that flyin' shit all around when you enter server, except if you aren't BlindGay...

Btw. sometimes there is too much cav, but you can handle that with long spear or pike.. ranged guys just run away and delay if Thomek's not on server  :mrgreen:

SMRT FAŠIZMU, SLOBODA NARODU!

at least against cav you have a chance to fight back. instead dodging zillion flying stuff and being kited then surrounded in the end is not worth the time. that's also why a lot of people have ranged alts to log just in case... and then starts the ranged CoD: Medieval Warfare galore.

then people start switching to siege, ranged gets bored to play CoD in battle and join siege too. but at least in siege you can let the archers run to hell while you do your cap/defend duties.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2011, 03:46:23 pm »
+2
Balance by classes or something, it's ridiculous versing a team with majority cav or archers when your team only has 2-3 archers/cav.

IMO make it so there's a chance of equal cav and archers on both team.

IMO get ladders out of battle
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:53:31 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »
at least against cav you have a chance to fight back. instead dodging zillion flying stuff and being kited then surrounded in the end is not worth the time. that's also why a lot of people have ranged alts to log just in case... and then starts the ranged CoD: Medieval Warfare galore.

then people start switching to siege, ranged gets bored to play CoD in battle and join siege too. but at least in siege you can let the archers run to hell while you do your cap/defend duties.

Yep, been having fun playing with corrado, cora, mala, etc on siege lately, so much more rewarding than battle where you spawn and either you get insta lanced by gay cav hungering for free kills to boost the e-peen or getting 1 shot by running/camping ranged.  :oops:

I miss the good ol' times when was fun playing with actual good archers/supporters such as Tenne and the old Mustikki (he's so rusty now, shape up!) p.e., players who actually know what supporting means, not this new wave of terrible machinegunners that think they are great just cause they can spam 30 arrows in half a minute with pierce damage, which eventually it has to hit something hard, and when a challenge comes, they just run like little girls cause it's really hard to block 3 or 4 directions with a mouse  :rolleyes: .

Sheesh.  :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 537
  • Infamy: 558
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2011, 03:52:28 pm »
You just jelly cause I gave my stuff to Xant :D

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2011, 03:52:58 pm »
You just jelly cause I gave my stuff to Xant :D

Yesh, now i have to buy my own rus scale :<

I mean, love is over.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 639
  • Infamy: 2825
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2011, 03:55:28 pm »
I would give it to you if you weren't damn my old friendcher :P

Only 2Hs get to wear 2H gear!

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2011, 03:56:14 pm »
I would give it to you if you weren't damn friendly archer :P

Only 2Hs get to wear 2H gear!

Imma goin 1h shield next gen, and 2h prolly on the next.

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2011, 04:38:44 pm »
+1

you got a point here. I actually prefer to walk in the open field and face cav with a no stab weapon than staying close to village and get shot into pieces.
HA are less of a problem compared to roofmonkeys too, easier to dodge (i guess harder to aim for them).
It's not about being a good/bad archer, we don't stand a chance of fighting back. About crossbows, how easy is to aim with those at medium range?i'm not talking about dave with over 170 wpf and arbalest, that's fair, but holy crap random guys often low level can snipe us from safe distance, supported ofc by 20 dedicated archers.
kiting may have been nerfed, i'll never ty enuff for removing jumpshots, but  you know what?
GIVE US BACK SOME ARMOR if you think bow dmg it's fine. If you are worried about PEWPEWERS no worries, they will still loose 2/3 health at least from all the ranged around.........since all of them keep shooting in melee and hide behide corners after TH... yes you do this all the time and all of you!
for those of you calling shit like "GET A SHIELD":
kinngrimm may not be very active lately, but if there's someone in this mod with a build wich can be considered "anti archer" is kinn. He's still shocked by the number of ppl shooting from different directions when engaged in melee fights...
come on don't you all guys find hilarious when you are in melee 1 on 3 still managing to survive and kill enemies, and you get finally shot in a feet by some sneaky bastard?
it's about numbers, is too viable bringing a gun to a knife fight atm  :mad:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:42:10 pm by Frankysan »

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2011, 05:24:00 pm »
+1