Poll

Why don't you enjoy playing on EU 1 ?

Lots of ranged makes the game unplayable ...
Lots of cav charging from everywhere makes the game unplayable...
Lots of melee attacking from everywhere makes the game unplayable (Explain how please)
I think EU_1 is fine . I like how it is.
Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.
I don't know about gameplay but with this upkeep , i can't play...

Author Topic: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?  (Read 20234 times)

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2011, 02:47:43 am »
1st: With WSE more or less anything is possible, that's at least what the devs said. How about dividing damage types into ranged an melee damage? This way you could make certain things (horses, armours, shields) extraordinarily resistant to ranged damage, while still being vulnerable to melee. Horses would be such an item, making light cavalry a better archer hunter. (Which, on the other hand, would make horse archers more of a bitch... hhmmm...  :? )

Its already here, but only to make ranged stronger. Blame Paul.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,16201.0.html

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2011, 03:36:53 am »
English very very bad ?

Did the pot just call the kettle black? Methinks it did. Ironic.

So i did a test right now on EU 1

i was going for an archer called Blackbow_the_Pimp trying to dodge the arrows but not really basically running at him.

im wearing lordly milanese plate and lordly plate mittens with 21 STR 100% HP and 4 IF.

He had Rus Bow and Bodkins.

I was dead in exactly 3 arrows, no headshots, all 3 bodyshots.

You tell me if that is "balanced" or "viable"

cheers

Blackbow is not even hard to kill, AND hes not the best shot. If you are upset that a player with just as many or more heirlooms than you killed you in 3 hits, WHY are you? How many times would you have to hit him to kill him? 1? 2? 3 if he manages to walk "into" your swing so it catches him just at start of animation and does little dmg? You cannot kill him from range, he cannot kill you in melee, you both made descisions, sounds like you just butthurt that he made a better one. Stop raging at archers. They aren't OP, they aren't even P anymore. They are just peasants once you reach them, and if your entire team has no shielders/heavy cav to flatten them, blame balance, not their class choices.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:41:14 am by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2011, 04:30:38 am »
+3
Did the pot just call the kettle black? Methinks it did. Ironic.

Blackbow is not even hard to kill, AND hes not the best shot. If you are upset that a player with just as many or more heirlooms than you killed you in 3 hits, WHY are you? How many times would you have to hit him to kill him? 1? 2? 3 if he manages to walk "into" your swing so it catches him just at start of animation and does little dmg? You cannot kill him from range, he cannot kill you in melee, you both made descisions, sounds like you just butthurt that he made a better one. Stop raging at archers. They aren't OP, they aren't even P anymore. They are just peasants once you reach them, and if your entire team has no shielders/heavy cav to flatten them, blame balance, not their class choices.

I'm no admin (god forbid) but if I was and if you ever requested a name change (while it was not allowed) from Blind Guy into a Stupid Guy I'd accept it and abuse the system willingly within a second, just because you deserve it, even if it meant for chadz to strip me off my admin duties.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2011, 08:33:03 am »

I don't want to play without bagge,jambi,zerobot1(New pain in the ass:P),nebun,hetman,radh,KMC,Pandor,Sojetsu,Tenne,OktarBabuna etc...

DISCUSS !!!!

Get rid off rooftops, and 92% of these Archers you named would suck terrible :-)

I still like to play on EU 1... if only it is to set an example for other "good" archers, that you dont need to camp rooftops to be on the top of the board.
If you want to breed haters as an archers, do it in a honorable way.
Make yourself a target, support your melee teammates, eliminate the good players on the enemy team.
Do not spam arrows from some hard to reach rooftop at random peasants. Its lame and not skillfull.
All-in-all dont go for the kills, go for the team.

But yeah, the amount of range spam is getting horrible.

Ive said it already so many times....
Nerf like they did too archers, remove there ability to hybrid. Give them same restrictions as archers have on armor/weapons.
Nerf Rooftops
Nerf the Hornbow,  unable use of bodkin arrows for 5 and less PD req bows. Nerf the speed.

And i think banner balance sometimes realy fucks up the teams. Sometimes you get 3 diffrent clan stacked up against a team of randomers

PS. if i were to give you names of good archers. i would name

Merc_Mustikki (my inspiration when i started playing cRPG)

DRZ_Nebun

Hetman_the_grey

and probably DoG_Inhuminatie... when hes not hunting peasants :D

For those players having trouble with ranged spam, i would suggest more teamplay.
Ive seen alot of players in 22nd, who know perfectly how to deal with ranged.
Find a shielder and buddy up with him.
I believe its not the ranged spam that is ruinign the game, i think its the lack of shielders. Most players nowadays are polearmers or 2handers. We need more people like Kinngrimmy
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:09:58 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2011, 09:26:48 am »
ranged COWARDS make it unplayable. its hard enough already to fight cav and polearms, but they jsut take all the fun thats left out of the game

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2011, 10:17:26 am »
+1
If the devs wanted to fix the problem with the current ranged spam they should imho.

A. Increase the weight of the bows so they cant kite around all day an remove ladders archer´s can keep their High dmg pierce bodkins arrows but they will be forced to engage their counter classes such as shielder´s an cav.

B. Archer´s lose their bodkin arrows with pierce and only the longbow have the pierce dmg like before the archer buff but they can still kite all day an camp roofs but they will be forced to aim for weak spots to deal the same dmg as before.

I prefer A. Tbh since i don't mind the dmg archers deal but that you cant catch em or force em down for the roofs...

Its pretty plain an simple right now the only good counter to range is other ranged thus we have the current sick amount of ranged players...

If they devs really want´s more teamplay into cRPG why is it only the inf who have to play that way an not archers??

PS: im a shielder so dont give me the bring a shield argument  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:23:56 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2011, 10:43:38 am »
+1

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2011, 10:59:31 am »

ah yess dado

this should be the new movement!

make a topic nao!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2011, 10:59:57 am »

I unintentionally click on "Like"  :lol:

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2011, 11:00:04 am »
+1
For those players having trouble with ranged spam, i would suggest more teamplay.
Ive seen alot of players in 22nd, who know perfectly how to deal with ranged.
Find a shielder and buddy up with him.

So you're saying it's okay that to deal with an archer teamwork is required between multiple people even though no other class has such requirement? And also that the archer can just run away and those two or more people won't be able to do anything about it?

Not to mention that argument is completely invalid when there's 2 or more archers, because even unless they're completely braindead they will kill their alleged counter-class with most simple crossfire.

I get that you feel threatened because so far ranged was such an easy and convenient way to play but it seems that there's some deep fallacy in the archers perspective if you see nothing wrong with game mechanics that makes it extremely difficult to fight against you unless they heavily outnumber you and cooperate just to kill you, one guy.

BTW. Question to cmp/devs: out of curiosty, with new WSE system etc. could crosshair sway be added?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:01:46 am by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline dado

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2011, 11:09:22 am »
+1
ah yess dado

this should be the new movement!

make a topic nao!
nah , i will spamm cmp and chadz with this picture until they ban me or remove ladders :D

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2011, 11:52:56 am »
make a topic so the whole community spamms them with it!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2011, 12:38:36 pm »
I'm no admin (god forbid) but if I was and if you ever requested a name change (while it was not allowed) from Blind Guy into a Stupid Guy I'd accept it and abuse the system willingly within a second, just because you deserve it, even if it meant for chadz to strip me off my admin duties.

That's a great argument style: can't counter my point so you call me stupid. Looks like YOU need to apply for that namechange, from Gnjus to Im_Butthurt_that_I_cant_dodge_so_it_MUST_be_the_games_fault. You never even THOUGHT for a second about it: Blackbow is lvl 33 for example: YES hes gonna rape ppl quickly and effectively from range, same as a good 2hander at lvl 33 walks thru large melees, dropping players left and right with a single swing, while swords and axes bounce from his face and chest.

Then guess what: he clears out to other side of the battle, archers see him, they shoot him down in 3/4/5 arrows. But if they dont, and he gets to them: He kills them in 1/2 hits. Unless you make archers viable in melee again, you cannot nerf their ranged abilities. I think we can ALL agree now that the issue IS archers AND Daveclones being ROOFMONKEYS, not archers being OP. Because while I dont miss platearchers 1hitting everything they focus on in a single hit from 3 miles off, I also don't miss the way you USED to rush to an archer to see them pull out a Poleaxe bigger than yours, swing it faster and kill off another 20 players in melee.

Also, while he is being elitist about it, Jambi is right: The good archers DONT camp the roofs. I didnt mainly because with how innacurate a MW longbow is at 6PD, I wanted to make nice shots, so I would be right behind my teammates, shooting enemies as they try to engage with my mates.

Removing ladders seems an extreme measure, since they can be fun, but maybe limiting them to siege is the easiest solution without any class having its heirlooms rendered useless once again...
I don't know enough

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2011, 12:45:14 pm »
+2
That's a great argument style: can't counter my point so you call me stupid. Looks like YOU need to apply for that namechange, from Gnjus to Im_Butthurt_that_I_cant_dodge_so_it_MUST_be_the_games_fault. You never even THOUGHT for a second about it: Blackbow is lvl 33 for example: YES hes gonna rape ppl quickly and effectively from range, same as a good 2hander at lvl 33 walks thru large melees, dropping players left and right with a single swing, while swords and axes bounce from his face and chest.

Then guess what: he clears out to other side of the battle, archers see him, they shoot him down in 3/4/5 arrows. But if they dont, and he gets to them: He kills them in 1/2 hits. Unless you make archers viable in melee again, you cannot nerf their ranged abilities. I think we can ALL agree now that the issue IS archers AND Daveclones being ROOFMONKEYS, not archers being OP. Because while I dont miss platearchers 1hitting everything they focus on in a single hit from 3 miles off, I also don't miss the way you USED to rush to an archer to see them pull out a Poleaxe bigger than yours, swing it faster and kill off another 20 players in melee.

Also, while he is being elitist about it, Jambi is right: The good archers DONT camp the roofs. I didnt mainly because with how innacurate a MW longbow is at 6PD, I wanted to make nice shots, so I would be right behind my teammates, shooting enemies as they try to engage with my mates.

Removing ladders seems an extreme measure, since they can be fun, but maybe limiting them to siege is the easiest solution without any class having its heirlooms rendered useless once again...

Seriously - you should get a grip & pull yourself together, since most of your post is such a nonsense that I'm not even gonna bother with answering. Until then:
(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline dado

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2011, 12:49:41 pm »
+1
You never even THOUGHT for a second about it: Blackbow is lvl 33 for example: YES hes gonna rape ppl quickly and effectively from range, same as a good 2hander at lvl 33 walks thru large melees, dropping players left and right with a single swing, while swords and axes bounce from his face and chest.