Author Topic: Does any other class have to "skip" a generation?  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Does any other class have to "skip" a generation?
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:47:42 am »

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
Re: Does any other class have to "skip" a generation?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 11:50:06 am »
+1
more arrows
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 11:52:23 am »
more arrows

2 more arrows is irrelevant and every thread talking about how to switch looms was filled with archers pointing out we don't need extra arrows. Most archers who are anything approaching competent end rounds with arrows in their quiver because they aim, not blindfire. Extra useless arrows is not an upgrade in any way, or not an  upgrade worthy of an entire x months of playtime for a first gen character.

This is seriously disappointing.

e: Smoothrich, i know you hate archers and have lobbied to have them nerfed every patch. Make a response in addition to your loldownvotes (which do absolutely nothing here) if you have something to say.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:56:18 am by Ylca »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:56:41 am »
How is this in any way balanced? I understand changing the damage spread, but honestly giving someone nothing for a loompoint is astounding.

I don't see the problem. Some other heirlooms give negligible bonuses (1 damage for a 40-ish damage weapon...). Heirlooming giving damage increases for ranged weapons is in itself questionable.

Offline Shatter

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Shatter_Astralis
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 11:58:17 am »
I think the solution is to reduce the damage of all bows by 1 and go to 1/2/3 looming.  :D That would balance it for MW the same way it is currently (assuming this is intended). Yet it would actually make it worse for new players. 

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:39 am »
I don't see the problem. Some other heirlooms give negligible bonuses (1 damage for a 40-ish damage weapon...). Heirlooming giving damage increases for ranged weapons is in itself questionable.

I explained the issue. Looms give advantage for long play time. 1 point of damage is a significant upgrade given that that 1 point will be multiplied by power strike and it's nowhere near uncommon to see players with 50-60 health. As i've explained extra arrows is just that, extra arrows. There's no advantage to having them, they're laughable as a bonus, and to spend the amount of time it takes a first gen to get the arrows is ridiculous.

I'm fine i already have my looms, but this change is horrid for the people working their way up the ranks.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:49 am »
I think the solution is to reduce the damage of all bows by 1 and go to 1/2/3 looming.  :D That would balance it for MW the same way it is currently (assuming this is intended). Yet it would actually make it worse for new players.

Bad idea, it's actually bow looms that need nerfing, not normal bows.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:41 pm »
+4
I explained the issue. Looms give advantage for long play time. 1 point of damage is a significant upgrade given that that 1 point will be multiplied by power strike and it's nowhere near uncommon to see players with 50-60 health. As i've explained extra arrows is just that, extra arrows. There's no advantage to having them, they're laughable as a bonus, and to spend the amount of time it takes a first gen to get the arrows is ridiculous.

I'm fine i already have my looms, but this change is horrid for the people working their way up the ranks.

...but then PD multiplies damage by 1.14, in comparison to PS which gives a multiplier of 1.08. Combine that with the OP-as-fuck ranged pierce damage and it quickly becomes clear that 1 point of damage on your bow is worth a lot more than 1 point of damage on say an axe.

Now add the fact that you have the option (note: OPTION, you can choose just to loom your bow) to loom your ranged kit six times instead of three which is the case for melee weapons, and I wouldn't say that ranged looms are in a bad position at all.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 12:33:12 pm »

Extra arrow means you have one extra opportunity to miss, it's great bonus. I feel that arrow should be:
+1:+1 arrow
+2:+2 arrow
+3:+2 arrow +1 damage

Besides, melee also have to skip generation. +2 gives just +1 speed over +1.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:34:56 pm by Lech »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 12:39:36 pm »
+1
And don't forget that you already get your damage bonus for retiring from heirlooming your bows!

So let's say a 6th generation character can have his melee weapon loomed three times, and get a certain amount of percentual damage gain.

A 6th generation archer could not only loom his bow, but also his arrows, too, giving him two damage boni!

Which means that archers/crossbowmen can inrease their damage more than any other class. I don't see a reason why this should be possible. Unless you add a fourth heirloom level for melee weapons or reduce bows to two heirloom levels. Edit: or implement dual wielding.

And before you come up with it: archers can heirloom their armour, too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:48:26 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:49 pm »
+1
I didn't consider the fact that one can loom both bow and arrows in comparison to the fact that melee players only have one optional set of looming. I stand corrected.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 12:59:28 pm »
To be honest i've always run around with only one stack of bodkin arrows since the slots patch, having less damage hardly effects me in the scheme of things and I, as a long term player, neither care nor really have any desire to heirloom anymore but on the point of having bodkins reduced in power, I refrain from saying "nerf" because I believe it will be good, I completely agree, there were far too many other "classes" of archers starting to run around with bodkin arrows and doing more damage than really necessary for the style that they should have been.

Basically what I mean is that I prefered the old system of only having the longbow as pierce since it made it have a real "distinguishing feature" over the other ones but now that bodkins aren't so fantastic, the slightly increased damage of the longbow over the warbow will mean that once again it gives more benefits for using it, even though only slightly.
This change has meant more people will turn back to cutting arrows in order to do more damage to the masses allowing the longbow to more or less have it's niche back.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 01:12:54 pm »
also the armor nerf is an archery boost itself  :P

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 01:15:18 pm »
Reissiue all loom points for arrows.

Make arrows non-loomable. The looms are a waist of time. In battle you only need 15 bodkins. And in siege you re spawn so an extra 4 arrows is well n=fuckall.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 01:25:04 pm »
+1
also the armor nerf is an archery boost itself  :P

Sort of balances itself out mathematically I believe, you're losing 2 piercing damage from bodkins and average(?) you're losing 5/ body armour (I don't wear heavy armour so I don't know the accurate figures i'm afraid.) so I guess damage wise you're gaining something. I lost 4 body armour on my gloves alone which I was rather disappointed in, just means I will die easier to melee & Xbows I guess. (Which did the bigger damage in the first place)

In short, it's a boost to every wepaon but less so towards archery, from what I can see anyway, i've not been able to play for a little bit.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are