Poll

Walkout until strat 4.0 or even just play skyrim and wait for M&B2 that will have all these features but better balancing?

Yes, chadz is a tool who doesn't realize how little people can trust his game after that.
65 (35.9%)
no, im  a UIF crony and like ugly hairy russians
116 (64.1%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: Who else is seriously thinking of quitting after what chadz did to Fallen?  (Read 14220 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Who else is seriously thinking of quitting after what chadz did to Fallen?
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2011, 06:14:48 pm »
+1
Too bad that the leader of Fallen admit to abusing the fief lockdown glitch himself, otherwise you'd look real smart.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2011, 06:15:56 pm »
Wtf, why don't they contact me if they need a "timed" server restart? I want to own a loom for once...

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »
Wtf, why don't they contact me if they need a "timed" server restart? I want to own a loom for once...
Just start using a weapon that no one else uses. Buff it invisibly, no one will notice an extra little line of code. If you are looking to join the dark side, you have endless possibilities to do so.

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2011, 06:42:55 pm »
What is funny is that some clans only have a warning and some have punishment.

Word! "Never use multiaccounting last warning" vs "glitching? instantpunishment!"

anyway it´s well known that they are a bunch of grieffing exploiters.
This is well known!
No idea what IP hospitaler TS has but i am sure I hacked with my Sithlord powers!

(click to show/hide)
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2011, 06:54:07 pm »
What amuses me is that this thread has so many posts in half a day, and now there are rumours of us attacking the Hosp TS and unplugging strst servers.

The glorious silver tongued Fallen Leader (unexpectedly surprising a few of us, like me for example) ordered the first example of an exploit (that has already been shown previously in the thread to have been abused by a lot of you in the previous strat). I honestly thought it was a simple move to transfer troops until he said otherwise.

He then accepted the results of the attack from the devs, and Thanked them for showing that they are finally giving enough of a crap to show the entire community that exploiting is not tolerated in this third version of Strategus.

So what exactly is everyone whining about?

This is starting to become well beyond sad that so many people are starting to make a mountain out of a mole hill, so to speak.

I am starting to become disgusted that so many people are ignoring that while this is the first time in strategus that the devs have done this, this is also the first time in Strat 3 that someone exploited.

Also a reminder to those on their high horses that this is the first time, ever, that The Fallen Brigade have used an exploit... Shall I start naming every exploit some of you in this thread have used in the last strategus? No? Then get off your high horse. For some of you, this is akin to a Bank Robber yelling at someone for stealing an apple.

The Developers did right. There are a lot of fucked up things in this strategus, but we have shown that the last strat was locked due to Numerous factions not behaving propely on both sides of The Great Calradian War, and that this version of Strategus will not tolerate the same antics.

I'm with Fallen Loki on this, thank God that there is finally something being done about this, and that an example was had.

So in the meantime, calm down.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2011, 06:55:51 pm »
The initial idea was to punish them by switching the fief to the AI (after all, the villagers were attacked by their masters).

When we saw that there was a large army in it, we decided against it, as that would have fucked fallen over really hard. So we decided to take 1000 troops from them.

And then we decided to do it roleplay style.

Yes, in an ideal world, the bug would have been fixed months ago. In an ideal world everyone would be happy with the balance. Every patch would be a success.

However, as a dev team that is doing this as a hobby, we cannot spend an endless amount of worktime into fixing this. In fact, the worktime we can spend is rather limited. This is why we often appeal to players conscience, fairplay and honour. And this also depends according to your.. 'social status'. If you are a leader of a big clan, we expect more from you than if you are just the idling workforce. Because strategus stands and falls with the community. So if we allow everyone being a dipshit with every exploit possible, the game won't be fun any more. You might want to check last round for reference.

So, all in all:
Don't invent a new way to fuck someone over and play fair.

what about the numerous other clans which locked up their villages this strat right after they conquered them to prevent counterattacks? (not even starting on the other exploits during the other strats)
almost daily you could see a siege [clan x] vs [clan x]

some of them might have been a mistake, some of them might have been a change in the ownership but especially those which were in conflict zones prob. were locking it up/exploiting. I remember hospitaller locking up their village 2 times while we were at war with them. how do you know they werent expecting a counterattack by us?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:57:35 pm by Nihtgenga »

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2011, 06:58:31 pm »
what about the numerous other clans which locked up their villages this strat right after they conquered them to prevent counterattacks?
That was a bug where you would auto re-attack I believe.
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2011, 07:00:20 pm »
+1
I'm with Fallen Loki on this, thank God that there is finally something being done about this, and that an example was had.

Derp

Also yes indeed it is good something will be done about this. Up until now it was always hard to tell if people were reacting to threats or genuinely transferring fiefs.
Turtles

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2011, 07:02:49 pm »
That was a bug where you would auto re-attack I believe.

I heard about it. Weirdly it never happened to us or any of our allies. and if any clan leader has a two digit IQ he could have used this bug aswell by simply stating it was an auto-attack even though it wasnt
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:16:24 pm by Nihtgenga »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2011, 07:52:46 pm »
I'm fine with the dev's PUNISHING people who exploit. My problem is I think they're gonna get lazy and stop doing it. They need to be consistent to everyone who exploits and obviously be unbiased.

I heard about it. Weirdly it never happened to us or any of our allies. and if any clan leader has a two digit IQ he could have used this bug aswell by simply stating it was an auto-attack even though it wasnt

It was a bug, I'm pretty sure we even told the dev's in IRC.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:07:18 pm by SeQuel »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2011, 08:11:17 pm »
Re-attack bug was posted on forum ages ago, it first happened with Druzhina 2 times in a row and we posted about it on forum.
Its not fixed guys so try to work ur way around it.
when UIF looks at you

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2011, 09:11:47 pm »
This makes me think of Asheron's Call and when they were doing a wipe they had a meteor destroy everything.

But regardless, this mod is still in beta and an unpaid extracurricular activity for the devs so they can only tweak and play supreme court judge from time to time. That being said I don't think there will be much of a community by the time, if, it becomes finished. Especially if the devs keep pulling a "too cool for school" attitude.
And how!

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »
Re-attack bug was posted on forum ages ago, it first happened with Druzhina 2 times in a row and we posted about it on forum.
Its not fixed guys so try to work ur way around it.
it happend to Union first if i'm not mistaken. when they took their 1st village in second try
Igni et ferro

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2011, 09:47:04 pm »
Yerr! And does ne 1 remember why strat ended ubruptly last time? Does Kesh stealing a town by using haxploits ring a bell? Hrm??

We attacked a town, and only 1 or 2 people showed up to defend it. We can't help that. We also didn't know that the spawns in the map were not set correctly, which allowed some of us to actually spawn inside the walls and take down the defender's flags, since the defenders spawned outside of the walls. We had no control over any of that, and almost everything we got by taking that town was taken away from us by the devs (which was fair moderation), so we gained very little. I think we may have been trying to raid the town instead of take it too, but I forget.

However, when this incident was posted on the forums, many other clans decided they wanted to "test" the bug for themselves. The amount of town battles that were listed after that was absurd, and that's what killed Strat 2. Many of the clans that did that like to call FCC and our allies exploiters, but we're not the ones that brought down Strat. We just accidentally showed everyone how to do it.

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »
everybody know that was fallen that did that, hospi will confirm this... They will tell you that fallen are cheaters, using every glitch to win a strat, they can do everything for this, anyway it´s well known that they are a bunch of grieffing exploiters. I´m sure that if you read every hospi/occi thread you would even like to permaban all the clan! Sure they deserve it...

I read another thread by occitan, it seems that fallen even bribes dev to restart a server (they are even stupid exploiter as they asked to restart a server when they won the battle)

About this. He is referring to the battle between Occitan Shinock and RubiconCrossed BRD.
I would like to know what happened here. We came and fought the battle (lost but wasted equipment/tickets). How did the server crash at the end with only 4 guys left? Then why did the battle reset for 3hrs later and you were notified and we were not? Why would it not go to the end of the list instead of going in the middle? Then on top of that... get a 2k meter leap ahead of Shinock? Not to mention all of a sudden Rubicon is carrying 90crates? Then gets to Dustril and reinforces it. Yet we could not reinforce Arrowaine 2hrs after he attacked. I watched the whole thing as I was there directly involved trying to stop this from happening.

Do not get me wrong. I am glad that Fallen was punished by the devs. But it just goes to show you... every big battle that we have with fallen or brd, something fishy happens that seems to go in favor of them.

ALSO WHY WOULD AN NA CLAN LIKE FALLEN HAVE THEIR NIGHT TIME CHANGED TO 6PM-2AM EST? THAT IS PRIME TIME FOR ALL CLANS IN NA ASSHOLES! Again another EXPLOIT!
mess with the best... die like the rest!