Author Topic: For the first time I actually feel a bit... stomped upon...  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
For the first time I actually feel a bit... stomped upon...
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:43 pm »
+1
Dammit I hate whine threads. I really do, yet I find myself writing one right here, right now.

I don't care about nerfs & Buffs, they are meant to be. Sometimes they are overdone, sometimes not enough.

What I care about is being a carebear and having spent time looming items that fitted my theme. Of course min/maxing my theme.

With the new armor weight reevaluations that compromises between carebearing and min/maxing have now been made utterly obsolete.

Wtf are you talkiing about, you might still think?!

Tunic over mail. Rather that Heraldic mails that are in every way better looking for any clan member now have the same weight values as a tunic over mail.
It honestly make me feel quite a bit but-hurt, that hours of deliberation between carebearing and effectiveness with one stroke have been made invalid and redundant.

This is a huge fucking tweak. Does it make the game more balanced? Quite possibly, maybe for the better, but thank you for de-evaluating hours of work with one masterstroke.
Tunic over mail? price down by 50%
Heraldics mails? Price up by 100%

Fuck it I'm pissed. (Yeah major balancing fucks over peoples time/value ratio.)

Edit: Yes I am talking about my looms.

- Tunic over mails make clan switching color switching impossible. Hence heraldic mails always better to fit your current theme.
- You just made tunic over mail's completely redundant but for the most crazy ass people. Brilliant work right there.

Edit 2:
- In short, all of us with loomed armors that wanted to fit our clans theme have just go polestunned.
- But but but we are going to make a new armor with heraldics that are lighter?
- why do I care? I just wated three loom points on a former light armor now heavy!!! GIVE ME BACK MY LOOM points...
- Its like making a sword a polearm. Fuck it!

- more rage....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:15:19 am by Kalam »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: For the first time I actually feel a bit... stomped upon...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 06:47:52 pm »
+1
Whining and bitching is relevant when there's legitimate bugs or glitches or when things just don't work.  The only time I don't like when people bitch are when they are complaining about how certain classes are too hard to kill or are overpowered. 

You're right to complain about this.  They shouldn't be making massive balance tweaks to the game, it's why long time players stop playing.  Nothing is so unbalanced that it warrants massive gameplay changes to certain classes/equipment with every patch.  I do like some things they have patched with some of their massive tweaks, but I still think it's unjustified, and time that could be well spent elsewhere (promoting and fixing strategus maybe?)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:48:44 pm »
They became same weight because they pretty much are the same armour look closer and you'll notice it too.

Now I won't say they did right as they should have implemented something else cheaper for the gap between lamellar and tunic over mail sets but with this shit of increased weight (Which was not needed) now we can't say anything apart of being fucked.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:54:10 pm »
+2
I dont mind about the changes.
I got a heradlic mail and lost armor on it.
Ok its now cheaper but the amount of change is just irrelevant to me.

I chose it cause i liked it. If you chose things cause you wanted to min/max you
should live with it cause it is sure it could happen. Perhaps you should have loomed
the armor you liked most in the first time not looking 100% at its stats.

And tbh i dont understand how this change in any way is hurting you so much?
How? Where does it hurt you? I dont understand it.

Actually they did some really cool changes.
Surcoat and Tabard got the same price. Surcoat got less body but more foot armor.
Thats exactly how those armors look like. One has more protection to feets the other has
a better body armor.
Heraldic and tunic over mail are the same models... why shouldnt they protect in the same way????
It´s just a logic change.
Sorry that your minmaxing stood in the way of good changes...

PS: the only thing i dont understand is why heraldic mail with tunic has better armor then surcoat or tabard.
It actually would have been the perfect heraldic for archers and could have been balanced into that price and weight category.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:02:10 pm by Camaris »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:52 pm »
I dont mind about the changes.
I got a heradlic mail and lost armor on it.
Ok its now cheaper but the amount of change is just irrelevant to me.

I chose it cause i liked it. If you chose things cause you wanted to min/max you
should live with it cause it is sure it could happen. Perhaps you should have loomed
the armor you liked most in the first time not looking 100% at its stats.

And tbh i dont understand how this change in any way is hurting you so much?
How? Where does it hurt you? I dont understand it.

Actually they did some really cool changes.
Surcoat and Tabard got the same price. Surcoat got less body but more foot armor.
Thats exactly how those armors look like. One has more protection to feets the other has
a better body armor.
Heraldic and tunic over mail are the same models... why shouldnt they protect in the same way????
It´s just a logic change.
Sorry that your minmaxing stood in the way of good changes...

The problem is that people have skills and equipment chosen based on current statistics for the equipment and classes.  They dedicate lots of time into these classes and getting loomed equipment.  Then one day their equipment stats change, and they can no longer do the same things with their class they could the day before.

You can't see anything wrong with that and why some people might have a problem with it?  Seriously, it's not hard to see the viewpoint.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 07:03:08 pm »

Offline Camaris

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 07:07:04 pm »
The problem is that people have skills and equipment chosen based on current statistics for the equipment and classes.  They dedicate lots of time into these classes and getting loomed equipment.  Then one day their equipment stats change, and they can no longer do the same things with their class they could the day before.

You can't see anything wrong with that and why some people might have a problem with it?  Seriously, it's not hard to see the viewpoint.

I just cant see which armor got such a huge change that you cant play like you did before the patch.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 07:11:54 pm »
Camaris, you missed my point.

My point is, if I had known that Tunic over mail would weigh as much as heraldic I would have chosen Heraldic simply because IT LOOKS BETTER and it makes it possible to CHANGE THEME and COLORS without wasting or trading your loom. In effect it's a more flexible armor to a carebear. If you don't care how you look it doesn't matter.

IM A CAREBEAR.

And my armor just lost it's only asset... being yellow. Well it's still yellow but now in a different armor class. If I had known that heraldic and yellow tunic over mail would weigh the same I would have chosen that armor.

Make any difference between the armors, but do NOT make them the same. Then lower the armor value or anything. This is just a direct competition of my loom points against the heraldic, which basically devalued my looms.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 07:22:37 pm »
Don't want to troll you, but it's strange that you are talking of "work" to obtain heirlooms, i don't feel like working when i play a game, otherwise i just don't play.
I know that there is reward for grinding, but i don't play only for rewards, the meaning is to have fun in game not to have the uber gear on my char page.

Tbh, i didn't play since patch, but even if my looms were nerfed, it will not stop me to play again, may be i'll change my style or i will just accept patch changes as i know that everybody will have the same changes (so balance still the same).

Offline Camaris

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 07:23:27 pm »
+1
Camaris, you missed my point.

My point is, if I had known that Tunic over mail would weigh as much as heraldic I would have chosen Heraldic simply because IT LOOKS BETTER and it makes it possible to CHANGE THEME and COLORS without wasting or trading your loom. In effect it's a more flexible armor to a carebear. If you don't care how you look it doesn't matter.

IM A CAREBEAR.

And my armor just lost it's only asset... being yellow. Well it's still yellow but now in a different armor class. If I had known that heraldic and yellow tunic over mail would weigh the same I would have chosen that armor.

Make any difference between the armors, but do NOT make them the same. Then lower the armor value or anything. This is just a direct competition of my loom points against the heraldic, which basically devalued my looms.

But you do see that both armors look the same and there have been already a lot of people asking why they dont have the same values?
If a change makes sense then it should be done. This one makes sense. Sorry that you now have a yellow tunic over mail and not a heraldic one.
Sell it. Buy a new one.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 07:25:26 pm »
Perhaps the devs will be kind enough to change your loomed yellow tunic for a loomed heraldic one? I mean: having tweaked the items would justify this.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 07:28:05 pm »
In this kind of cases they always say the same ---> use marketplace, and you should do it  :lol:

PS I have lordly red tunic over mail and I feel fine with the latest changes, 1,6 more on weight is not much if you ask me, I do feel slight difference in my movement, but nothing that matters to much.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:30:57 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 07:28:51 pm »
But you do see that both armors look the same and there have been already a lot of people asking why they dont have the same values?
If a change makes sense then it should be done. This one makes sense. Sorry that you now have a yellow tunic over mail and not a heraldic one.
Sell it. Buy a new one.

But who in their right mind would prefer yellow tunic over heraldic?
Same stats, just less options. If I threw in another 100k maybe... Else I think not...

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 07:29:40 pm »
Perhaps the devs will be kind enough to change your loomed yellow tunic for a loomed heraldic one? I mean: having tweaked the items would justify this.

Givin' them too much credits.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 07:32:05 pm »
But who in their right mind would prefer yellow tunic over heraldic?

I would, if I were HRE member  :lol: