Author Topic: Version 0.252  (Read 63170 times)

Offline Er_CyB

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Er
Re: Version 0.252
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2011, 11:09:53 pm »
http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx

Although I'm not sure your problem is Steam related. It's very weird that there is no crash log.

Thx a lot cmp and corrado, now i can play to crpg :D!!!!
But a strange thing happen  :?...When i enter in any official server, after few seconds the server kick me because "connection to server is lost" and if i try to enter in Eu_cRPG_3 (duel server), i'm kicked because "This character belongs to someone else"...u have any idea about this?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2011, 11:19:56 pm »
Your character is still bound to your old "Steam" key. Create a new character, enter an EU server, then PM me both character names. I'll transfer your old character to your new key.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2011, 11:31:38 pm »
Thx a lot cmp and corrado, now i can play to crpg :D!!!!
But a strange thing happen  :?...When i enter in any official server, after few seconds the server kick me because "connection to server is lost" and if i try to enter in Eu_cRPG_3 (duel server), i'm kicked because "This character belongs to someone else"...u have any idea about this?

yw.

if you have a stable PC, you'll not see anymore crashes or weird stuff. trust me.

and a willing cmp, means an happy cmp. finally  :mrgreen:

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #288 on: December 04, 2011, 03:53:47 pm »
Steam here with no problem.
It's totally unrelated.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #289 on: December 04, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »
Steam here with no problem.
It's totally unrelated.

sure. he just fixed it with the normal client so it's totally unrelated  :rolleyes:

if it works for you, doesn't mean should works for all.  :wink:

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 04, 2011, 06:24:49 pm »
+1
Yeah, Steam can be a pain in the ass; on my PC it works flawessly, giving me a hard time figuring what the problem is.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2011, 09:30:11 pm »
Yeah, Steam can be a pain in the ass; on my PC it works flawessly, giving me a hard time figuring what the problem is.

even on mine tho i don't use it besides counterstrike, TF2. but since a lot of my old clanmates had crashes with steam, instead digging the cause (a windows service, a framework update, a visual studio runtime update, local policy issues, windows event logger, broken/modified by malware task scheduler, etc etc) going with the old and simple warband client seem to fix those problems. would take too much time and effort to use teamviewer to fix software issues for the whole community  :lol:

also steam use more resources, can cause stutter, autoupdate games by default. with the normal client there is more control over it. we have a good crpg autoupdating launcher, i just try to keep things simple.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:31:34 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:48 pm »
Could you please update the mbrepository link PLEASE?

Offline Gruk

• Beggar
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gruk
« Reply #293 on: December 06, 2011, 06:36:00 am »
i've been trying for a week , launcher crashes on opening :

unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application

antivirus software is off , i tried it on desktop , in m&b warband directory and in module directory, same result.

it'd be cool to have a 2nd option to the launcher , folder straight from m&b repository would be nice for those of us having trouble with the launcher ... im not the only one i think.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:37:55 am by Gruk »
I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM GRUK !!!!!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 06, 2011, 08:59:51 am »
i've been trying for a week , launcher crashes on opening :

unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application

antivirus software is off , i tried it on desktop , in m&b warband directory and in module directory, same result.

it'd be cool to have a 2nd option to the launcher , folder straight from m&b repository would be nice for those of us having trouble with the launcher ... im not the only one i think.

maybe you need to install ambient software like visual studio runtime? we need cmp to tell us what runtime libraries you need.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 06, 2011, 09:03:06 am »
Nonono.

Missing libraries and similar errors are usually .NET framework shit. Just try reinstalling .NET framework.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 06, 2011, 10:30:02 am »
Nonono.

Missing libraries and similar errors are usually .NET framework shit. Just try reinstalling .NET framework.

yeah true. .NET stuff and Visual Studio 2008-2010 stuff.. almost the same to me  :mrgreen:

Offline Gruk

• Beggar
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gruk
« Reply #297 on: December 06, 2011, 08:33:59 pm »
yes it is a : . NET Frameworks initialization Error

i did re-download .Net framework 4 from microsoft .i tried it again this morning no effect .

i dont have visual studio , not out of my OS anyway and i cant find a way to get that visual studio 2010 without buying it and franctly im not about to do that for a warband launcher :/

i'd like to give you more info on the problem like what is missing ? but im not sure what to look for.
I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM GRUK !!!!!

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 06, 2011, 08:47:41 pm »
The .NET Framework 4.0 does not include previous versions, including the one required by the launcher (2.0). 3.5 does, so install that (2.0 is OK too).

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 06, 2011, 09:15:08 pm »
+1
yes it is a : . NET Frameworks initialization Error

i did re-download .Net framework 4 from microsoft .i tried it again this morning no effect .

i dont have visual studio , not out of my OS anyway and i cant find a way to get that visual studio 2010 without buying it and franctly im not about to do that for a warband launcher :/

i'd like to give you more info on the problem like what is missing ? but im not sure what to look for.

visual studio 2010 runtime (x86) for 32bit OS:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

visual studio 2010 runtime (x64) for 64bit OS:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14632

.NET framework 2.0 x86 for 32bit os:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19

.NET framework 2.0 x64 for 64bit os:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=6523