Author Topic: Version 0.252  (Read 65961 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: Version 0.252
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2011, 02:18:20 pm »
The market reflects a price that roughly follows the true value of the item. If the item got nerfed, it's price on the market too. And in cRPG, the price of items that were nerfed in a recent patch tend to plummet.

The market will never be a solution for those willing to replace nerfed items. That's like trying to sell actions of a crashing corporation and hoping that with the money you'll get the same share in a healthy one. Ridiculous.

then you should heirloom nerfed items, and sell em when they get balanced. not the opposite.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2011, 02:25:20 pm »
then you should heirloom nerfed items, and sell em when they get balanced. not the opposite.

That's speculation, in that scenario you don't intend in using the items. Probably because you already have the heirlooms you want. Furthermore, it is extremely risky (most items stay shit forever after being nerfed) and not as profitable as selling your heirloom point. The only way to do this effectively is to buy the bad items cheap and hope they will be buffed.

The actual topic was heirlooms those people use.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:03:44 pm by Kafein »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #272 on: December 02, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »
That's speculation, in that scenario you don't intend in using the items. Probably because you already have the heirlooms you want. Furthermore, it is extremely risky (most items stay shit forever after being nerfed) and not as profitable as selling your heirloom point. The only way to do this effectively is to buy the bad items cheap and hope they will be buffed.

The actual topic was heirlooms those people use.

well i experienced several heirloom nerfs... but i everytime somewhat managed to sell them. (claymore, SoW, german, etc.) but since the armors got fixed the whole line (rebalanced with even the weight decimals, so no more armor fine tuning.. finally) i don't bother too much in taking the next "most OP" armor (like the archers did with the light strange armor and how they cried for that). now i'll just stay with my stuff because moving to the next "flavor of the patch" item, just lead to a probable rebalance again.

Morningstar, nerfd. Barmace, nerfd. Claymore, nerfd. German, nerfd. i managed to exchange those items AFTER they got rebalanced just by waiting a fair offer. A lot of people did not gave much value to the morningstar... now it's really overused (at least in siege). Same for the Great Axe and the Longsword. i still don't get why people don't use the sword of war that much. is the best greatsword at the moment.

maybe we'll stop to see just light/heavy kuyaks spam. and about the polearms, ashwood pike took the awlpike place. it's even better than the old 92 speed awlpike.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 02, 2011, 06:24:27 pm »
well i experienced several heirloom nerfs... but i everytime somewhat managed to sell them. (claymore, SoW, german, etc.) but since the armors got fixed the whole line (rebalanced with even the weight decimals, so no more armor fine tuning.. finally) i don't bother too much in taking the next "most OP" armor (like the archers did with the light strange armor and how they cried for that). now i'll just stay with my stuff because moving to the next "flavor of the patch" item, just lead to a probable rebalance again.

Morningstar, nerfd. Barmace, nerfd. Claymore, nerfd. German, nerfd. i managed to exchange those items AFTER they got rebalanced just by waiting a fair offer. A lot of people did not gave much value to the morningstar... now it's really overused (at least in siege). Same for the Great Axe and the Longsword. i still don't get why people don't use the sword of war that much. is the best greatsword at the moment.

maybe we'll stop to see just light/heavy kuyaks spam. and about the polearms, ashwood pike took the awlpike place. it's even better than the old 92 speed awlpike.

Then you are wise enough to wait for your items to be buffed again (or have the other weapons of the same type nerfed). Yet having to wait with money you can't make anything with is already a loss. It doesn't change the fact that nerfing someone's loom is exactly like robbing him up to 100k for each heirloom point nerfed. People shouldn't win and loose money randomly like that.

Offline Er_CyB

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Er
« Reply #274 on: December 02, 2011, 07:21:15 pm »
Hi, I have a big problem after the new patch exited with new 0.4c launcher :evil:.

I dowloaded the file posted by cmpxchg8b and i used it like the old one launcher. But this time the game crashed after the end of loading (after loading Textures and INI files) and in the middle of the screen appears this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/crpgerror.jpg/

"There was an error in Mount & Blade. The application will be closed. May have been the loss of data. Windows has created an error report that can be sent. Send, don't send."

I tried all the tips but no one of these helped me...Some one have any idea how to resolve?? PLEEEEEASE :( :(

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 02, 2011, 07:23:52 pm »
+1
Then you are wise enough to wait for your items to be buffed again (or have the other weapons of the same type nerfed). Yet having to wait with money you can't make anything with is already a loss. It doesn't change the fact that nerfing someone's loom is exactly like robbing him up to 100k for each heirloom point nerfed. People shouldn't win and loose money randomly like that.

well you also can live with the nerf rebalance. i still have my armors with weight rebalanced. one is the rus lamellar cuirass, the other is the black lamellar. anyway are all minor changes. awlpike lost 1 speed, you can live with it but you of course get less money by trading it.

so the whole system you talk about, just involve who make money trading heirlooms. since that, -100k today balance the load of gold made earlier. (or later on).

So, who stick to his actual build, no worries. who sell/trade a lot well.. it's the market  :P

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #276 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:35 pm »
Hi, I have a big problem after the new patch exited with new 0.4c launcher :evil:.

I dowloaded the file posted by cmpxchg8b and i used it like the old one launcher. But this time the game crashed after the end of loading (after loading Textures and INI files) and in the middle of the screen appears this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/crpgerror.jpg/

"There was an error in Mount & Blade. The application will be closed. May have been the loss of data. Windows has created an error report that can be sent. Send, don't send."

I tried all the tips but no one of these helped me...Some one have any idea how to resolve?? PLEEEEEASE :( :(

Go to your Warband directory/Modules/cRPG/WSE and paste the contents from wse_crash_log.txt here.

Offline Er_CyB

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:19 pm »
Go to your Warband directory/Modules/cRPG/WSE and paste the contents from wse_crash_log.txt here.

In my WSE folder i haven't wse_crash_log txt, but the only txt files that I have are wse_log and wse_settings

If i open wse_log i see this

[19:46:08] WSE v2.4.2 by cmpxchg8b (Build date: Dec  1 2011 14:42:04)
[19:46:08] WSE path: c:\programmi\steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\cRPG\WSE\
[19:46:08] WSE netcode version: 5
[19:46:08] Warband version: Steam
[19:46:08] WARNING: WSEcRPGPluginDedicated.dll targets a different WSE build (dedicated server), skipped

I do not know if this can help, but I hope  :|

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2011, 08:39:33 pm »
In my WSE folder i haven't wse_crash_log txt, but the only txt files that I have are wse_log and wse_settings

If i open wse_log i see this

[19:46:08] WSE v2.4.2 by cmpxchg8b (Build date: Dec  1 2011 14:42:04)
[19:46:08] WSE path: c:\programmi\steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\cRPG\WSE\
[19:46:08] WSE netcode version: 5
[19:46:08] Warband version: Steam
[19:46:08] WARNING: WSEcRPGPluginDedicated.dll targets a different WSE build (dedicated server), skipped

I do not know if this can help, but I hope  :|

dunno if cmp can fix that crap piece of software named Steam but... if you run warband/cRPG with the standard client, you'll have zero issues IMO.

Offline Er_CyB

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:52 pm »
dunno if cmp can fix that crap piece of software named Steam but... if you run warband/cRPG with the standard client, you'll have zero issues IMO.

And how i can run warband/cRPG with the standard client?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 02, 2011, 10:54:26 pm »
+1
And how i can run warband/cRPG with the standard client?

you download the standard warband client:

http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1143.exe

i suggest you to install it in:

C:\Mount&Blade Warband

rather than:

C:\program files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband

then you:
- click the game launcher M&B warband icon on desktop
- you will be prompted to continue the trial, activate or purchase
- click ACTIVATE and use your serial key
- you can then configure video settings and keys or do it later with the cRPG launcher
- download the cRPG launcher in the new freshly installed warband folder
- run the cRPG launcher, click play to download the cRPG files
- play the game

i remind it once again. never ever had a single game crash with the standard warband client but i had really a lot of crashes with various steam games (HL2, CS, TF2, ArmA2, etc)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:56:43 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Er_CyB

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 03, 2011, 12:39:44 am »

rather than:

then you:
- you can then configure video settings and keys or do it later with the cRPG launcher
- play the game

i remind it once again. never ever had a single game crash with the standard warband client but i had really a lot of crashes with various steam games (HL2, CS, TF2, ArmA2, etc)

I tried but i have the serial number of a Steam copy and it is too long for "normal" warband....:evil: I hate Steam :evil:....

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2011, 02:46:59 am »
I tried but i have the serial number of a Steam copy and it is too long for "normal" warband....:evil: I hate Steam :evil:....

http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx

Although I'm not sure your problem is Steam related. It's very weird that there is no crash log.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2011, 03:05:05 am »
I have steam version and launcher works fine from desktop.

Offline SirProto

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • professional shot-misser
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: B0LT, pr0to
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »

rather than:

then you:
- play the game

this worked perfectly for me! thanks  :mrgreen:
(click to show/hide)