Author Topic: Post Patch balance issues. (TLTR: Nerf Archers,check Armour Weights)  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Post Patch balance issues. (TLTR: Nerf Archers,check Armour Weights)
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 02:43:56 pm »
With 61 body armor against double triple loomed archery equip and a 10 PD longbow archer(cripple archer), you can receive point blank a minimum damage of 25, average of 39 and maximum damage of 57 with not taking wpf reduction into account. You got unlucky.
u mad?

All this 10 PD, 10 athletic, 10 WM archers with their hornlongbows break the game.
And now 10 of these, on a roof. Yeah good luck.

I thought archery got nerfed, but I'm getting shot to pieces. I do have less armour now, but still, seems like they deal lots more damage now.

I agree with that there is not much holding you back from getting heavy ass armour. It has too few disadvantages. Make armour slow you a lot more. I find heavy armour quite lame, I'm always a bigger fan of speed en finesse than brute force. But I ended up in heavy armour anyway, cause there are no reasons not to.

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 09:23:11 pm »
umm my sharp bodkins are only +1 now, was that a nerf?

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 09:26:13 pm »
umm my sharp bodkins are only +1 now, was that a nerf?
Yes it was

Offline Taggerung

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 07:22:15 am »
Nice dodge, but archerteams are still the no.1 annoyance

PS: I have a shield (...)

Awww you are being killed by 5+ people shooting you with bows. How sad. Archers are basically the only class who can't go 1 on 1 with anyone. 2 handers are the only ones you stand a chance at killing. Quit bitching and crying nerf every time you die. This forum is filled with a bunch of cry babies.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 08:34:41 am »
+2
You included.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 01:26:24 pm »

Awww you are being killed by 5+ people shooting you with bows. How sad. Archers are basically the only class who can't go 1 on 1 with anyone. 2 handers are the only ones you stand a chance at killing. Quit bitching and crying nerf every time you die. This forum is filled with a bunch of cry babies.
clearly you were not on tonight when in a 30vs30 game we were getting shot into pieces without any chance of counter

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 01:43:57 pm »
+1
OBERYN AND lEED ARE BOTH VERY GOOD PLAYERS, BUT THEY ARE NOT *AMAZING*.

BUT THEN, CAV WILL ALWAYS GET A FUCKLOAD OF KILLS DUE TO THEIR MECHANICS (HIGH DAMAGE + MOBILITY) AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHANGE THAT.

Then who's the Phyrex-like cav ?

Leed, Oberyn and Tommy are all doing more or less the same, with different flavors.

You guys don't seem to get that cav are probably the hardest class for hitting anything aware of you. As cav, if you don't kill with your first hit, then that was pretty much an useless move. You have extremely thin hopes of hitting twice the same player in a round.

If anyone wants to try the heaviest armor there is, I have a +3 black armor. And I can say, it slows you down an awful lot, compared to medium and the more common medium-high (cuir bouilli) armors. I find myself surviving longer and doing better with unloomed surcoat over mail. Even without my shield, having to survive an arrowstorm, I do better with the medium armor as I can dodge something. With the black armor there's no way I can dodge.

The main problem with armor weight isn't top speed, which isn't hurted a lot. It's acceleration. And that's absolutely vital against footwork agi whores, cav, or ranged.

First thing that needs to be fixed is the roofcamping. No class should be safe from others.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2011, 08:34:13 pm »
I agree with the OP and other posters about armor values; to a very high degree mod balance seem to favour medium-heavy armors, and that heavily-armored people are able to withstand several hits with high damage output weapons messes in my opinion with the skill-build/equipment balance.

Running speed and armor value aside, I think that (metal) armor could need a slightly higher penalty on weapon swing speeds.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:00:06 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »
Heraldic Mail with Tabard is useless against arrows and bolts, yet it have quite high movement penalty. Do it need even further nerf ? I don't think so.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 09:41:48 pm »
+1
Archery could be nerfed to 1/10th of its current damage and people would still be complaining about archers in groups.  Archers are best in tandem with their teammates because enemy movement patterns become much easier to trace when they are focusing on melee combat.  Saying archery needs nerfing because they excel using teamwork is a poor argument and one I pray the devs will never seriously consider.

Same issues come up with cavalry and pikemen: Alone they are easily counterable, but they shine with teammates to distract the enemy.

Here's my suggestion: buff your battle awareness.  Keeping your head on a swivel ( '~' key spam), avoiding areas where you'll become easy archer/cav food and knowing how far to push into enemy lines are absolute essentials for survival.  I pride myself in my battle awareness, and throughout all my playtime I've never once truly feared cavalry.  The only time I've ever truly feared archery is when I was an archer myself, because two archers targeting you can effectively lock your shooting down completely.

TLDR people continue to ask to nerf archery, when in reality they want to nerf teamwork (which won't happen).  Therefore instead of complaining about archery players need to adapt and fine tune their battle sense to avoid situations that put them in harms way.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Taggerung

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 10:11:18 pm »
Archery could be nerfed to 1/10th of its current damage and people would still be complaining about archers in groups.  Archers are best in tandem with their teammates because enemy movement patterns become much easier to trace when they are focusing on melee combat.  Saying archery needs nerfing because they excel using teamwork is a poor argument and one I pray the devs will never seriously consider.

Same issues come up with cavalry and pikemen: Alone they are easily counterable, but they shine with teammates to distract the enemy.

Here's my suggestion: buff your battle awareness.  Keeping your head on a swivel ( '~' key spam), avoiding areas where you'll become easy archer/cav food and knowing how far to push into enemy lines are absolute essentials for survival.  I pride myself in my battle awareness, and throughout all my playtime I've never once truly feared cavalry.  The only time I've ever truly feared archery is when I was an archer myself, because two archers targeting you can effectively lock your shooting down completely.

TLDR people continue to ask to nerf archery, when in reality they want to nerf teamwork (which won't happen).  Therefore instead of complaining about archery players need to adapt and fine tune their battle sense to avoid situations that put them in harms way.

good post.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 04:11:46 am »
+3
I'm frequently getting 2 shotted by archers in my +3 lamellar.. They do more damage than most melee weapons.

As long as Archery stays this powerful we WILL have an influx of pew pew. It has happened before and will happen again..

Archery needs nerfing, naow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 06:20:28 am »
Why are you calling for an archer nerf?

Archers get nerfed every second patch. My arrows that have been loomed twice only do +1 damage. I'm sick of people calling for more and more nerfs. We were just nerfed again, let it be.

I remember over a year ago archers bows were all pierce, and all did good damage and we only needed one stack of arrows and we could carry 2h swords, and we could jump and shoot, and there was no delay in shot, and the arrows flew faster. I know a lot of the 2h players out there would like to nerf us to a point where they no longer have to dodge arrows.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:22:11 am by Rogue_Eagle »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 09:48:37 am »
+1
Why are you calling for an archer nerf?

Archers get nerfed every second patch. My arrows that have been loomed twice only do +1 damage. I'm sick of people calling for more and more nerfs. We were just nerfed again, let it be.

I remember over a year ago archers bows were all pierce, and all did good damage and we only needed one stack of arrows and we could carry 2h swords, and we could jump and shoot, and there was no delay in shot, and the arrows flew faster. I know a lot of the 2h players out there would like to nerf us to a point where they no longer have to dodge arrows.

People wants archery nerfed because the mass influx of archers are ruining the gameplay.

When they gave machinegun bows pierce dmg it was just a matter of time before we would end up with half the team being archers an have too much ranged bundle of sticksry flying around the air because people can deal the same if not more dmg then melee being ranged thx to bodkin arrows.

People enjoy easy kills an they gain that by going archers. Their is no blocking involved no feinting just spraying deadly shots fishing for kills at the crowd of remaining inf still playing.

Once we reach having 25 players on each team being ranged it ruins the gameplay for all the other classes.

Of course its hard to see this if your one of those archers with +3 rus bow an bodkin arrows and 7 PD running around an playing legolass but for Cav 2h polearms shielders its horrible to play battle now because u can hardly take a look around a every corner an not get your chest full of arrows within matter of seconds....

Its really just a matter of risk vs reward that is the problem with archers an i think many people hate archers only for the fact that they can deal the same if not more dmg then themself from range an run all day to avoid melee.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:06:18 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.