Author Topic: Re: General rule update  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: Re: General rule update
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 11:28:36 pm »
why was misan banned? he altered a picture that was put on the internet with no copyrights behind it and we all laughed...

Someone needs a lesson in copyright law. It's pretty much automatic. Wheter you can go around it with fair use is another matter entirely. Take it from a professional :)
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 11:33:04 pm »
+1
Someone needs a lesson in copyright law. It's pretty much automatic. Wheter you can go around it with fair use is another matter entirely. Take it from a professional :)

any picture uploaded on the internet is not automatically copyrighted, hence why some people prefer to GET copyrights (CreativeCommons license etc.) if they have some dumb picture they don't want others to take and upload

also, she uploaded the picture on facebook, which does not claim automatic copyright on anything posted on the web site, and can be infringed as much as people wish as long as facebook staff doesnt take action
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:47:08 pm by kukufarikki »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 12:33:45 am »
+4
Also internet =/= RL and how you act on the internet never shows your true personality.

B.S.

How people behave on the internet is how they would behave in the real world if they could get away with it.  Build them an Iron Man suit that obscures their identity and makes them immune to all attacks and I think you'd find all the internet trolls would gladly be real life trolls too.  They're holding back their true personality in the real world because they have to in order to function -- their true personality is so god-awful that nobody would deal with them if they acted the way they wanted to.

If you're a douchebag on the internet, it's because you're a douchebag.  That you hold it back in real life doesn't change the fact that deep down, you're actually a douchebag.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 12:37:34 am »
All of you assholes are assuming that personality is static, its not. It is very situational, and the internet is fucking troll territory.

Mind you if someone is consistantly assholish in both TS and the internet, then you have reason to believe he is an asshole

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 12:39:42 am »
also, she uploaded the picture on facebook, which does not claim automatic copyright on anything posted on the web site, and can be infringed as much as people wish as long as facebook staff doesnt take action

She does not have facebook....

Swing and a miss.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 12:57:55 am »
She does not have facebook....

Swing and a miss.

EDIT: removed link because it may be TOO PERSONAL LOLOL just trying to prove to tears that she has one
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:14:04 am by kukufarikki »

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 01:01:31 am »
+2
All of you assholes are assuming that personality is static, its not. It is very situational, and the internet is fucking troll territory.

Pfft.  Personality is personality.  It can change over time but not from minute to minute.  What you describe just means they are displaying different facets of their personality depending on circumstances.  You don't go from being a huge douchebag troll to being a nice guy over the course of 60 seconds unless you have multiple personality disorder, for which I believe there may be medication you can take.

So either they have a mental illness or they are actually just troll douchebags that sometimes hide it.

It's kinda like the people who say that admin crackdowns "ruin the fun".  The reality is that their idea of "fun" is completely obnoxious, and they would be just as obnoxious in real life if they could get away with it.  Kicking someone off ladders is kinda like TP'ing someone's house or some other fairly harmless prank.  Might be funny as a special prank for a special occasion but not every goddamn day.

Some people just don't want to face the reality that their method of behavior on the internet is a keener view into who they really are than anything they do in real life.  Nothing says more about you than what you do when you are anonymous and don't have to be "good".

(click to show/hide)
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 06:44:09 am »
Some people just don't want to face the reality that their method of behavior on the internet is a keener view into who they really are than anything they do in real life.  Nothing says more about you than what you do when you are anonymous and don't have to be "good".

Truth.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 06:56:14 am »
snip

If you're a douchebag on the internet, it's because you're a douchebag.  That you hold it back in real life doesn't change the fact that deep down, you're actually a douchebag.
+1
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 07:09:56 am »
+1

Yet your side comment would imply you disagree.   :P
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 08:49:56 am »
+2
Pfft.  Personality is personality.  It can change over time but not from minute to minute.  What you describe just means they are displaying different facets of their personality depending on circumstances.  You don't go from being a huge douchebag troll to being a nice guy over the course of 60 seconds unless you have multiple personality disorder, for which I believe there may be medication you can take.

So either they have a mental illness or they are actually just troll douchebags that sometimes hide it.

It's kinda like the people who say that admin crackdowns "ruin the fun".  The reality is that their idea of "fun" is completely obnoxious, and they would be just as obnoxious in real life if they could get away with it.  Kicking someone off ladders is kinda like TP'ing someone's house or some other fairly harmless prank.  Might be funny as a special prank for a special occasion but not every goddamn day.

(click to show/hide)

you do, you behave differently when you are around different people. When your surrounded by assholes, you act like an asshole. The internet is like a giant stadium filled with assholes. the people who aren't normally assholes become one through exposure. This isnt the case for everyone, but a sizable amount of people change personality when surrounded by certain other types of personalities. ITs similar to how mild mannered college students can turn into power crazy prison guards, except here they troll to release/express frustration/ get a cheap laugh

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 10:48:12 am »
perma ban them all!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 12:17:25 pm »
If you behave differently on the internet it's most likely because of the anonymity if grants. In our real social lives, we have norms and social codes to follow. We cannot act like idiots because it will have consequences for us (like getting disliked, getting left out. Being seen as socially akward is not something we strive for). While this does apply to the internet, here the "norms" are usually very lax, and can totally differ from "IRL". Fear of exclusion is really what keeps people in check.

Now, this does not excuse asshattery. But if it's not noticed and reprimanded, it will spread and in the long run be seen as the norm.
Monkeys!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 12:27:55 pm »
+1
If you behave differently on the internet it's most likely because of the anonymity if grants. In our real social lives, we have norms and social codes to follow. We cannot act like idiots because it will have consequences for us (like getting disliked, getting left out. Being seen as socially akward is not something we strive for). While this does apply to the internet, here the "norms" are usually very lax, and can totally differ from "IRL". Fear of exclusion is really what keeps people in check.

Now, this does not excuse asshattery. But if it's not noticed and reprimanded, it will spread and in the long run be seen as the norm.

What both of you are saying, between having extremes of yourselves and the anonymity that the internet grants there is truth in both, personally I am more or less just an extreme here of what I am in real life, I tend to see myself as arrogant, cocky and sarcastic but with decent morals and i'm rather self-righteous, here I have to say that more of the "morals & self-righteousness" comes out, time and time again I write posts that basically are "why can't we all just get along" and I have a deep hate for rule breakers (therefore morally superior) but on the other hand, I become far more of a narcassist online than in real life, I don't really care whos feelings I hurt if it betters myself and obviously, the ego!

But it doesn't give people an excuse to ditch common sense at the doorstep and do (and I don't know what exactly happened because I was away) whatever the hell they did, that's just idiotic in my opinion and when it comes to the point where this rule needs to be brought up again it makes me wonder why there are a few people out there that have to go to the extremes of the "negative personality traits" that we all have, one way or another.

There, another morality section there, but seriously, common sense people, it's even an official rule!!! Think before you do, these types of things shouldn't need to be prevented because they shouldn't happen.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile