Author Topic: General rule update  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
General rule update
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:24:11 am »
+11
It has come to our attention that people have dug up personal real life information about some community members and then used this info to troll around with.

Moderate trolling/flamewar/whatever is part of the game. This must stay in character though - expanding it to personal level is just stupid and can escalate beyond cRPG. This will not be tolerated at all.

Rules have been updated accordingly: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4112.0.html

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
Re: General rule update
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:36:26 am »
Looks like a reminder is in order.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:59:59 am »
+1
Bump.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 12:27:23 pm »
I remember that rule was found right after some member in the community received harassment messages about his family. But I warned the community to not to share their personal information on the forums. That "POOPHAMMER'S FANCLUB' topic should be locked and removed for good. Also, the bureaucracy is slowing down the Mods to act in time. Mods are always waiting the approval of "big boys" on important subjects and usually given punishment is ineffective or even "ridiculous". Mods shouldn't wait until the maximum damage is done. Evidence should not become the "obvious" possible suspect should be muted instantly with a warning including an email address to write his defense.  There were some subjects that should never be discussed on forum nor Irc aka PUBLIC. I remember a subject was discussed on IRC which caught public attention and caused more damage to the victim. Obviously there are some mods out there who are incapable of taking initiative.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login