Author Topic: Re: General rule update  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Re: General rule update
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 12:48:48 pm »
+1
DYE IT!

Don't punish your REAL SELF, SHOW IT!

:lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 01:02:56 pm »
If you behave differently on the internet it's most likely because of the anonymity if grants. In our real social lives, we have norms and social codes to follow. We cannot act like idiots because it will have consequences for us (like getting disliked, getting left out. Being seen as socially akward is not something we strive for). While this does apply to the internet, here the "norms" are usually very lax, and can totally differ from "IRL". Fear of exclusion is really what keeps people in check.

Now, this does not excuse asshattery. But if it's not noticed and reprimanded, it will spread and in the long run be seen as the norm.

Norms change depending on social groups. Like you said, internet norms tend to be very lax, and once people notice the ability (and fun) of being a douche on the internet, they join the party. Does that mean they are douches IRL? no. Does it mean that they do not have pro-social personality traits? not really. Being a douche on the internet does not preclude you from doing nice things IRL, it just means that there is still a part of you that enjoys anti-social activities, like kids and bullying, or venting rage/stress.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »
+3
there is still a part of you that enjoys anti-social activities, like kids and bullying, or venting rage/stress.

Kids are an activity ?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 02:41:31 pm »
Kids are an activity ?
fondling kids, yes.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 02:48:40 pm »
You adapt after the people around you, If everyone else is acting like a douche, then you will most likely do as well. The problem here is, far from everyone is. Most people manage to just play and have fun without fucking about. This is not /b/.
Here it's only a small group of idiots doing stupid stuff, pushing each other to do more moronic stuff and in the long run "hurting the community" (bleh).

I couldn't care less if people are "IRL douches" or not, what I think is bad is that they choose to do it here, when there are so many BETTER places on the interwebz to do it on. Take your IRL drama the fuck away from my gaming forum.

This isn't the place for venting your miserable life, we don't care (that goes both ways, don't post or talk about personal stuff either, if you can't take it).
Monkeys!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2434
  • Infamy: 936
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 03:17:39 pm »
+1
This is not /b/.

Not yet, but it's starting to become like it. Back in the 2010. when I started only real trolls were LLJK guys with their constant spamming LLJK on global chat and, of course, Berenger. Yes, there was Balton as well but I never mind him, I think he's very decent person actually.

Right now majority is trolling in some way, some are making annoying STF alts and their only fun comes seing others rage. Game itself became so boring for them and they find alternative ways to have fun, one of them being an asshat.

Not to mention amount of shit that is posted in global chat, it can be really distracting sometimes when you're came online to actually play the game like it's supposed to.

Also, the fact that certain clans are so big in numbers that when they play on server you have no chance to win if you're in enemy team and of top of that, they avoid their friends in the other team. Of course they TK and TH eachother all the time etc...

Public c-rpg nowadays has nothing to do what it was before. People don't get satisfaction from playing well and winning the rounds, most of them are online to annoy others.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:18:45 pm by Leshma »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 03:21:18 pm »
I hope you're not serious when you're making those ridiculous claims, Leshma.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 05:17:23 pm »
+4
Only one way to fix this. Blanket ban NA.

Idlewind
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 07:53:33 pm »
any picture uploaded on the internet is not automatically copyrighted, hence why some people prefer to GET copyrights (CreativeCommons license etc.) if they have some dumb picture they don't want others to take and upload

also, she uploaded the picture on facebook, which does not claim automatic copyright on anything posted on the web site, and can be infringed as much as people wish as long as facebook staff doesnt take action

:D yeah right. Copyright doesn't depend on publishing it. The only thing that does is start the countdown for it's expiration. All creative work is automatically copyrighted the moment it is created. Why some people use creative commons etc. is because they have different limitations they can choose. Ffs dont argue about shit you have absolutely no understanding of.
Also:

Do I retain the copyright and other legal rights to material I upload to Facebook?
Yes, you retain the copyright to your content. When you upload your content, you grant us a license to use and display that content. For more information please visit our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which contain information about intellectual property, as well as your privileges and responsibilities as a Facebook user.

:twisted:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:46 pm »
Yet your side comment would imply you disagree.   :P
You must temper your general angst and rage with silliness, for you are a fool, and only the wiseman knows he is a fool.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 08:29:40 pm »
I saved the Shopped picture, unknowing that it was such a huge giant big time doodoo cry over problem.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 12:32:58 am »
I hope you're not serious when you're making those ridiculous claims, Leshma.

actually leshma is right

I for one only ever play crpg to get a rise out of angry try hards with my troll builds (think 33 athletics and taunting two handers as they chase me)
one can only play battle mode for so long until it gets boring. The only other competitive game mode is siege and that isnt really a competition so much as the roll of the dice if you get the side that the map is rigged for.

it is no suprise that people who feel they have experienced all crpg has to offer turn to trolling as a new form of entertainment.
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 08:04:03 am »
+2
it is no suprise that people who feel they have experienced all crpg has to offer turn to trolling as a new form of entertainment.

Thing is there is a vast difference from trolling and just flat out being a vile piece of shit.  Dunno exactly when or why people have confused the two but most people used to know the difference.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 09:52:53 pm »

Where would you get such false facts from?!

I saved the Shopped picture, unknowing that it was such a huge giant big time doodoo cry over problem.

Give me and i can use it for avatar at other forums for lolz.

Not yet, but it's starting to become like it. Back in the 2010. when I started only real trolls were LLJK guys with their constant spamming LLJK on global chat and, of course, Berenger. Yes, there was Balton as well but I never mind him, I think he's very decent person actually.

Yup Balton is a cool guy. People were just jelly and tried to get him banned all the time.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2011, 04:17:04 am »
+2
Heard that my name was on that topic,

Well you guys shouldn't talk about people without knowing the background story. Braeden needed evidence so I got the evidence. If he had enough evidence from the start I didn't need to take action and do something. Well you shouldn't do the things you've done its not funny at all, I'm happy community got rid of few more bad apples, âdieu