Author Topic: Low difficulty weapons op?  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Joelturuz

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ratchis
Re: Low difficulty weapons op?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:03 pm »
+2
Really people..? Vilde has a point and you are completely missing or ignoring it. Do you honestly think that it's realistic or well balanced balanced that you can block a flamberge (etc.) with a wooden stick and 3 strength? :rolleyes:
We have samurai's using flamberges. Since when did you think cRPG is the most realistic of mods?

Also, while a stick blocking that might not make sense, it's good for a Skill based game as even lowliest of peasants can beat a bad plate spammer. That's what M&B's combat system has always been about.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 08:04:07 pm »
+4
99% of the people using a wooden stick are stf \crpg elite guys who want some stick kill lols

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 08:09:41 pm »
I see you met Bigsandwich of chaos.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 08:09:53 pm »
No offense mate, but the solution is actually the one the others are putting forward (albeit in a condescending way). The way that the combat system depends on the player is what sets Mount and Blade apart from other games. This game does require an investment of time in practice, it's different for many. Some like Dezi got the hang of things quickly and very well, while others like me are still failing hard every day. I know you believe the system is unbalanced, but trust me when I say it is pretty well done. There are lots of knacks and quirks to melee combat to learn and people come up with their own fighting styles etc etc. If the combat was based upon the tier of the gear, we'd have more situations like crushthrough and polestun etc etc and the balance would be even worse.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Edreathir

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 08:14:37 pm »
We have samurai's using flamberges. Since when did you think cRPG is the most realistic of mods?

Also, while a stick blocking that might not make sense, it's good for a Skill based game as even lowliest of peasants can beat a bad plate spammer. That's what M&B's combat system has always been about.

Uhhm :lol: So, you are implying that M&B's combat system has always been about beating plate armored knights with wooden sticks? Really? Sure!

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,69.0.html

*facepalm*

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 08:19:11 pm »
I think they are. I'm tired of lvl 30 characters who use some damn wooden stick and hit 99 times per second.
I think there should be some limitations to what can be blocked with what, since it's so stupid that some superman disguised as a peasant can hit 2 times faster than I can and still block my every blow from a flamberge with a damn stick.
lol i think you have seen me leeching :D wooden stick needs buff xD
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 08:21:14 pm »
Don't see too many people going round with 2h wooden practice sword anymore, used to be Count Berenger's  schtick before ABAND picked him up. It was actually pretty damn deadly, almost OP. Also, long dagger is epic. Sorry for the off topicness.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Vilde_II

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 08:30:20 pm »
It still doesn't make any sense to me that the best players are the peasants wearing no armor and a wooden stick... ?
I know the skill is the most important thing, but it seems pretty weird to me that you can kill anything and block anything every time everywhere and so on with a damn stick.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:31:47 pm by Vilde_II »

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 08:31:39 pm »
It still doesn't make any sense to me that the best players are the peasants wearing no armor and a wooden stick... ?

because its trololol hilarious?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 09:11:11 pm »
+1
1. Hold weapon attack
2. Swing and weapon stun them
3. Attack a different direction

You have now learned how to beat the super op wooden stick :rolleyes:

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 09:13:34 pm »
I know the skill is the most important thing, but it seems pretty weird to me that you can kill anything and block anything every time everywhere and so on with a damn stick.

Yeah you can, but it's bloody difficult to do. Why should you remove that possibility?

Also: Edreathis and Vilde - 2 guys don't make a circle if you get my point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 12:26:33 am »
+8
We plan to get rid of all the combat crap and just compare the equipment values of players to decide a fight. The one with the cheaper gears gets autokilled. 2 day ban if he was using a wooden stick.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 12:33:06 am »

lol

I cant decide wether you are one of the biggest Noobs, Trolls or Retard Ive ever seen.

If we talk about equal skill, a peasant with a Wooden stick will always die to one with better Gear.

But since you wont always met People with the same skill as you, its just natural that they kill you no matter what they got.

Realism isn´t an argument counting in such a discussion aswell(But if you like, i can do that, too: Please stick a 16 year old with no experience in Fighting at all against a 35 Year old hardened Combat veteran, the 16 year old gets a Twohanded sword and the Veteran gets a Knife, dont you think the Veteran will win?).

People with high skill will always own you, no matter the gear.

So it´s just l2p from me, then you won´t get killed by Peasants much anymore.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 02:22:08 am »
Uhhm :lol: So, you are implying that M&B's combat system has always been about beating plate armored knights with wooden sticks? Really? Sure!

*facepalm*

Yes, if the plate crutcher really lacks that much skill, they deserve to be bludgeoned about the head until they get knocked out. Put on a plate helmet, any plate helmet you want. Then let me hit you in the head several times with a nice oak stick. My money is on you being unconscious within 5 blows.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 03:44:13 am »
+3
It's kind of sad that people that aren't still very good at blocking and such get killed by these guys with wooden sticks in 2 seconds and lose their money because they have to repair their armour that they need in order to survive... Armour that still is no use at all against some 30 lvl peasant. While the less good players lose their money to fix their armour because of this, the supermen have no worry since they don't even have anything that would get broken if they ever died.

You do realize how retarded your argument is?

Give those stick-using guys a flamberge instead. Now what happens to that guy who got killed by a stick? He dies instantly.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.