Author Topic: Low difficulty weapons op?  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Low difficulty weapons op?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 03:55:37 am »
This is a skill based game... There is no Hackmaster+11 that compensates for a player being bad.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 07:38:28 am »
+1
This is a skill based game... There is no Hackmaster+11 that compensates for a player being bad.

Archery, lancing, plate, pikes, CT...?

There are plenty of ways to lame yourself to victory, but then I think you're missing one of the points of the game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 08:02:53 am »
ITT: ITEM CRUTCHER GONE MAD

Offline Edreathir

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 12:13:07 pm »
You do realize how retarded your argument is?

Give those stick-using guys a flamberge instead. Now what happens to that guy who got killed by a stick? He dies instantly.

Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. :| Flamberge is really slow and it's easy to beat a guy who's using it. With a faster weapon.

But now to the point of this post: Nobody wants that you will win or lose automatically based on the price of your gear. You developer, Paul, nobody wants that (what he posted here) but that was a good joke. Come on. Let me explain this problem once again.. Can you, or CAN YOU NOT, block a sword with a wooden stick? The stick will break, at least after some blows. If you don't like this thing called realism, then okay but please don't be a douchebag and post comments implying the suggestors are 'retarded'. That just isn't funny. It doesn't make you look cool. At all. Trust me.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:22:43 pm by Edreathir »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 12:23:59 pm »
Actually you can defend against a sword with a wooden stick in real life if it is about as thick as the one used ingame. It is pretty hard to cut through if it is only held at one side. Even more if the guy with the stick knows what he is doing.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 12:28:52 pm »
Actually you can defend against a sword with a wooden stick in real life if it is about as thick as the one used ingame. It is pretty hard to cut through if it is only held at one side. Even more if the guy with the stick knows what he is doing.

I was about to say that but then thought Edreamy old friend and Vilde wouldnt get it.

If you are a Master in Combat, you could even defend against a Greatsword with a wooden stick(Given that the one with the greatsword is not that kind of master).Footwork and technique will always matter more than equipment.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Edreathir

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 12:40:30 pm »

Well, I suppose you have a point. Sometimes you could. But if you had a heavy two handed sword (that's not dull), I think the stick would not last many blows. If you have tried one of those IRL (I mean the sword :)), you know that it takes a lot of muscle-power to even swing them properly. That said, the blows are quite devastating. Enough to eventually break a stick we see ingame.

Oh and one more thing. @B3RS3RK: You really don't get it, do you? :lol:

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 12:45:11 pm »
I dont think Iam even nearly able to get what you want to tell us, simply because my brain has an off switch when its about to get damaged by bullshit.

This game is SKILL based.Meaning this, one Peasant with a wooden stick could theoretically defeat a neverending number of Enemies with all the gear they want if he is good enough.

So yes, it IS balanced, because Skill matters more than gear.If you could crushthrough blocks of certain cheap weapons with more expensive ones, the balance would be broken and it would be all about "I haz more Gold and bigger Weapon than you"

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Edreathir

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 12:51:05 pm »
Look, it doesn't mean that everyone has to have the most expensive weapons in order to survive. You made that up yourself. Nobody want's to take the skill out of the game. That's why I'm facepalming so much right now. You should read more carefully, no offence.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 12:57:59 pm »
Really people..? Vilde has a point and you are completely missing or ignoring it. Do you honestly think that it's realistic or well balanced balanced that you can block a flamberge (etc.) with a wooden stick and 3 strength?
Realistic? Probably not. Well balanced? Of course. The game would be utterly broken if simply having a bigger/better weapon meant victory.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 12:58:15 pm »
What I read is the following:"It is stupid that a wooden stick can block a Flamberge"

This would mean you want that Flamberges etc. can crushthrough blocks of weapons like wooden sticks etc.?

This would indeed take the skill out of a part of the game...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 01:00:02 pm »
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. :| Flamberge is really slow and it's easy to beat a guy who's using it. With a faster weapon.

But now to the point of this post: Nobody wants that you will win or lose automatically based on the price of your gear. You developer, Paul, nobody wants that (what he posted here) but that was a good joke. Come on. Let me explain this problem once again.. Can you, or CAN YOU NOT, block a sword with a wooden stick? The stick will break, at least after some blows. If you don't like this thing called realism, then okay but please don't be a douchebag and post comments implying the suggestors are 'retarded'. That just isn't funny. It doesn't make you look cool. At all. Trust me.

No, you couldn't be more wrong. If someone gets owned (repeatedly, apparently) by a fucking stick used by a peasant-armored guy, they're not going to block flamberge. Faster weapons have nothing to do with it, flamberge is still more than fast enough to force the block-attack-block-attack rhytm.

Since when was this thread about stick's ability to block swords? That's not what the OP was talking about.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 01:02:20 pm »
I think there should be some limitations to what can be blocked with what

And he was talking about Wooden sticks and such.

So he obviously wants something like crushthrough for the bigger/more expensive weapons against cheaper and smaller weapons like wooden sticks and such, totally taking the skill out of the game.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:04:34 pm by B3RS3RK »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 01:08:49 pm »
+2
Hey, i found you a friend :

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,20774.0.html

Guys, two "full of win" thread in one week, hey we are pampered!

Offline Edreathir

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 01:12:56 pm »
This would mean you want that Flamberges etc. can crushthrough blocks of weapons like wooden sticks etc.?

This would indeed take the skill out of a part of the game...

I don't think it would. Then we just disagree. Can't do anything about that.

Since when was this thread about stick's ability to block swords? That's not what the OP was talking about.

I'm pretty sure this was Vilde's point: "I think there should be some limitations to what can be blocked with what". And I don't want that you have to buy expensive weapons to be able to block, but come on. A wooden stick vs. a greatsword.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:21:25 pm by Edreathir »