Author Topic: Your most memorable cRPG game  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
Your most memorable cRPG game
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:52:32 pm »
+3
We have such a thread at the forums, why not have it here too. Share your most memorable cRPG game with us.

My most memorable game happened some time ago. I was playing my first character and was just in that sweet not-really-a-peasant-any-longer phase. Well, I wasn't a peasant, but I rarely got kills nevertheless. Which would make all that followed so much more satisfying.

I played an archer and was climbing a ladder to reach my perch for the round. Someone was standing at the top of the ladder, and the bitch kicked me in the face.

(It was probably one of these LLJK guys, I hear they are beasts!).

Only thanks to my catlike reflexes, I managed to stay on the ladder and avoid a long and humiliating fall to my death. Oh well, he had run away after the kick and I started to rain down my arrows on the enemy who were coming at us like a band of bloodthirsty huns!

A minute later, I saw him trying to kick some other guy of the ledge we were standing on, and it was ON!

I spend the next minutes trying to line up that perfect, sweet kick that would stick in his ass and propel him down onto the hard, bloodsoaked mud to shatter for the amusement of our laughing, victorious foes. I ran and jumped and tried to get in position, but he was as slippery as as a well-oiled trout. Nevertheless, finally my patience, cunning and initiative got the better of him, and I prevailed! I lined up the perfect boot-to-tha-face kick, my finger was on its way to the key, aaaaannndddddd...

... some archer shot me in the face.

And the moral of the story?

**** archers!

(whistle to fuck archers!)

(yea, im playing one myself)

(not gay!)

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
Re: Your most memorable cRPG game
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:12:12 pm »
Awesome story bro! I'll think of one to post as well
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:26:48 pm »
I'll necro this thread! :twisted:
29.11 never forget
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:01:57 pm »
+5
Lvl 11 peasant with a practice sword. Im the only guy left vs 2 people. Im standing in a doorway on nord town map in the central building. Theres a guy outside who is trying to hit into the doorway from the side, whilst I stand still and block. Without me noticing, a crossbowman sneaks down the stairs, stands a few feet behind me and levels it at my head. He shoots, just as the other guy charges in. He misses my head at the range of a few feet, the bolts flies past my ear and smacks into the charging guy's face. I turn as he charges me with a mace, I block his overhead attack and instinctively kick. He crumples on the floor before me, dead.

That is a genuine true story, back before the multiplyer system came into effect.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »
Lvl 11 peasant with a practice sword. Im the only guy left vs 2 people. Im standing in a doorway on nord town map in the central building. Theres a guy outside who is trying to hit into the doorway from the side, whilst I stand still and block. Without me noticing, a crossbowman sneaks down the stairs, stands a few feet behind me and levels it at my head. He shoots, just as the other guy charges in. He misses my head at the range of a few feet, the bolts flies past my ear and smacks into the charging guy's face. I turn as he charges me with a mace, I block his overhead attack and instinctively kick. He crumples on the floor before me, dead.

That is a genuine true story, back before the multiplyer system came into effect.

Haha impressive :D. The fights where you are the last one alive against multiple enemies and win are always memorable but that was great story

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 06:19:25 pm »
+2
The native battle on ice map, back in the days, when Mercs were just recently founded, before strat or anything.
Was playing with a long awlpike, and, somehow, ended up alone near the spawn of the team that starts in the forest against some 7 guys, attacking me almost simultaneously from all sides, including a thrower lobbing daggers in my back at close range. One of those guys was Oberyn, don't remember the rest.

Well, some crazy ass blocking and lawlpiking later i was the only one left standing - e-peen+100 :)
Also, that was done with practically no backpedalling or anything, i remained in pretty much the same spot for the whole engagement :wink:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:20:39 pm by [ptx] »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 06:28:55 pm »
One desert oasis city map when I was a polearm build I spawned late into the round and got swarmed by a ton of horses.  One of those situations where you get chain bumped.  Somehow using a tree and enemy cav collisions as cover I was able to turn the tide, and came out alive after murdering like 5 or 6 horses and at least 4 kills... I remember the last guy simply ran away after getting dehorsed :D
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 08:00:02 pm »
+2
On my first ever gen I was playing a 2h/archer hybrid on a seige map. (don't know what it's called, it's not in rotation any more.)  This was before the slot system.

I was the only one defending one side of the fort, trying my best to plink baddies with arrows.  I was lucky to ever even get a hit...I was a terrible archer.  I ran out of arrows just as the enemies were coming over the wall and pulled out the German Greatsword I carried as a "side arm."  All of a sudden, I was unstoppable!  I right slashed the first opponent, and practically cut him in half.  I leaped at the next one and struck at his head, scoring another kill.  I swung again and again and the approaching onslaught killing every enemy that hopped over the wall.  In the end, a lowly gen1 lv 20-something archer in a green tunic killed 8 enemies in a row without even being hit. 

It's then that I learned 2h is easy mode.  :D  It was also a TON of fun and a huge adrenaline rush.  It's probably what kept me playing all this time.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 08:01:36 pm »
I hit someone in the face, but he didn't die.

So I hit him again and again and again until he did.

I know, great story right.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 08:32:25 pm »
+5
aye young bois, ill tell you a story. listen carefully:

"it was when i left the templars, the very next day i met their grandmaster growl on the battlefield. the score was 4:4, the last battle that was to decide the fate of the universe was about to begin. then it started; soldiers fought bravely on both sides, yet one went down after another, until we were alone, just me and him. the first fallen against the grandmaster of templars! and the duel started! it was the most noobish fight ever..."
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »
+2
Growl can almost block.

Sometimes...
Turtles

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 08:37:54 pm »
Most of the memorable moments I recall occurred when some nice teamwork occurred on TeamSpeak, usually when Fru was on organizing things.

A specific mention was however when Amazon invited the Ninja admins to our TS channel along with some other infantry incline players. It was very fun to cooperate in an unholy alliance of Ninjas, GK(Cav and HA) and random other infantry troops. 

Drunk Ninjas are always fun as well... :D

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:39:31 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:39:29 pm »
Stomping bitches left and right with FCC.

BlondeKhan and I power hugging eachother before charging to our deaths in ye oldea strategus.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »
i dont know about the most memorable, but this one got traped in my memory,
I was on mamluk horse, with full mamluk arabian gear(im a 1h cav btw). Everyone charged straight, i flanked and i cought attention of 5 enemy cavalry(all lancers), who instantly chased me, one of them was casimir(he might have had morningstar). I somehow slashed all 5 of them, both horses and men. And for the rest of the map i kept pwning casimir every round hihihi.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 09:15:30 pm »
i dont know about the most memorable, but this one got traped in my memory,
I was on mamluk horse, with full mamluk arabian gear(im a 1h cav btw). Everyone charged straight, i flanked and i cought attention of 5 enemy cavalry(all lancers), who instantly chased me, one of them was casimir(he might have had morningstar). I somehow slashed all 5 of them, both horses and men. And for the rest of the map i kept pwning casimir every round hihihi.

Fuck you associating me with dem lancer my old friends.

And yes, your a cunt, killed me earlier as well.
Turtles