Poll

Do you approve?

Yes
404 (64.7%)
No
220 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 623

Author Topic: Removal of Strange Armour  (Read 44331 times)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: Removal of Strange Armour
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2011, 04:47:59 pm »
Hm when I voted, the odds were 80:20 now it's 70:30. Given time, I'd say more people would actually like the armor to stay. Plus their isn't enough black armor in the game. All we got is Strange armor, Black vest, and Black armor, oh and the hood.

Don't forget the black robe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2011, 05:02:51 pm »
+1
Hm when I voted, the odds were 80:20 now it's 70:30. Given time, I'd say more people would actually like the armor to stay. Plus their isn't enough black armor in the game. All we got is Strange armor, Black vest, and Black armor, oh and the hood.

No it just took them longer to vote because they were too busy playing samurai dress up tea party at home with their little sisters.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #287 on: November 23, 2011, 05:03:38 pm »
Dont forget the time it takes posing in front of a mirror with your cheap 150 bucks Katana.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 23, 2011, 05:13:02 pm »

I think what happened is people are now influencing their friends, who generally couldn't care less, to vote.  Since the "no" votes were way behind, the activity would be skewed in that direction, as they have the motivation to recruit.  I believe the real vote was complete within 48 hours. 

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2011, 05:54:56 pm »
+1
Is this a joke?
Just a soldier

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 23, 2011, 05:56:07 pm »
Is this a joke?

Yes because it's fun to laugh at. Now back to Skyrim..or BF3.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2011, 06:39:04 pm »
I personally don't like the samurai thing, it's just not my cup of tea. But even if I don't personally like it, I see no reason to remove it. If there is historical documentation that the armor existed in the 10th-12th century, there is no reason not to have it in game. Calradia MAY be loosely based on 12th century europe, but it's loosely. There's absolutely no lore stating that a continent where the asian-style gear developed doesn't exist near Calradia. Let people RP, that's the whole point of c-RPG.

EDIT : I am all for removing the crappy low-res stuff though, that salmon pink/blue crap looks horrible. Dump the black armor set while your at it too.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:40:54 pm by Kophka »

Offline Heresiarch

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 23, 2011, 07:02:44 pm »
We are thinking of removing the Strange Armour sets because the models...

• are low quality and originally made for a .808 mod for the original M&B.
  • are not from native so they have no excuse to be low quality.
  • may have been ripped from some crappy asian MMO game.
  • are, by many people, considered distasteful and ruinous to the atmosphere of the game, particularly in strategus village battles.
  • are non-historical and are least fitting with the general theme of Native.

(present heirloom ones would be turned into the corresponding amount of heirloom points, of course.)

I signed this, but as an alternative you could make a tiny addon/mod replacing the armor meshes/textures with some "tasteful" ones, more lamellar armors would actually be nice, like the ones alamannic tribes used (inspired from asian armor). Example, look at 4:00 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs9HZHF6tg0&feature=related
Plus you'll have no raging Americans who don't care the slightest bit for realism

Offline Heresiarch

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 23, 2011, 07:06:00 pm »
I signed this, but as an alternative you could make a tiny addon/mod replacing the armor meshes/textures with some "tasteful" ones, more lamellar armors would actually be nice, like the ones alamannic tribes used (inspired from asian armor). Example, look at 4:00 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs9HZHF6tg0&feature=related
Plus you'll have no raging Americans who don't care the slightest bit for realism

~edit~ I mean comeon I really need the occasional yankee with 500 ping logging into EU server so I can get some kills :D

~~ double post FUCK
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:07:01 pm by Heresiarch »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #294 on: November 23, 2011, 08:32:44 pm »
I don't think it is fair for the people who play this game and enjoy that look for their character. In all honesty I bought this game so that I can use gear like this. Most of it is already statistically nerfed compared to the European counter-parts in the game already, but to remove it would take a lot of enjoyment away for the people in the minority that want it left in. My friends Bramd, Elyze and Governor sold me on this game because of the freedom involved with equipment, looks, and statistical varieties. 

Also what happens afterwards to the other gear from Asia, is the Katana or other weaboo gear next to be removed? I'm worried now about a slow phase out to try to minimize rage from the weaboo community. Is there anyone willing to use their time to remake the models to look better and would it be implimented?

To clarify, I usually post a lot of silly and joking messages here, but I want my concerns to be taken seriously this time.

Horse cock.  The light strange armor is far and away better than most armor that costs up to 4,000 gold to buy.  It has 11 leg armor which is huge if you're cavalry (compared to the 6 or 7 most armor offers in comparable price range).  Some of the best armor in the game only have 12-14 leg armor.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:34:23 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2011, 05:05:51 pm »
I personally don't like the samurai thing, it's just not my cup of tea. But even if I don't personally like it, I see no reason to remove it. If there is historical documentation that the armor existed in the 10th-12th century, there is no reason not to have it in game. Calradia MAY be loosely based on 12th century europe, but it's loosely. There's absolutely no lore stating that a continent where the asian-style gear developed doesn't exist near Calradia. Let people RP, that's the whole point of c-RPG.

EDIT : I am all for removing the crappy low-res stuff though, that salmon pink/blue crap looks horrible. Dump the black armor set while your at it too.

Totally agree, if you want to remove armor based on whether it existed in the 12th century or not, then say goodbye to your precious Full Plate armor. One of the best things about C-rpg is its variety, people can be whatever type of warrior they want to be, and wear their own unique gear. That was kind of the point. But if you want to turn it into some sort of Knight only mod, then good luck. I think you'll a significant drop in players though.

I personally don't like the current Samurai armor, I think it looks unrealistic. But that doesn't mean it needs to be removed, Just replace it with a better model.

I personally would have preferred a retexture of the native Samurai armor, to some other color (Other than pink) than the unrealistic stuff we have now.

I say all this being a fan of Samurai
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:43:07 am by Ujio »

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 25, 2011, 05:07:58 pm »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2011, 05:56:09 pm »
Epic moustache, add it to face textures, meanwhile remove weaboo shit:
(click to show/hide)

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2011, 04:44:07 pm »

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2011, 05:39:37 pm »
Oh you got him now dawg
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.