Poll

Do you approve?

Yes
404 (64.7%)
No
220 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 623

Author Topic: Removal of Strange Armour  (Read 46689 times)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Removal of Strange Armour
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2011, 02:50:05 pm »
+3
Armorpg, before I got banned, I was running around a bit in lordly hourglass and lordly gothic plate with bevor.

I had 79 body armor in total and was a full 36/3 build with a MW longsword and great maul.

Needless to say, I totally forgot how to block for a full gen because I never had to block and would win hopeless 1 v 10 situations by just spinning around and spamming whatever weapon I had at the time and would get praised for my "skills".

Game's balanced guys, the end.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2011, 03:07:30 pm »
I've always thought of this as more of a no-holds-barred RenFaire free-for-all or a crazy LARP than anything historical. Accordingly, I'd like a wide variety of equipment from most eras. If the samurai armour gets removed, can we replace it with something non-European/Turkish/Arabic?
I'm pretty sure cRPG ( or at least Strategus ) isn't meant to represent any historical setting but rather the fictional land of Calradia which mixes and draws inspiration from several centuries of Dark Age and Medieval Scandinavian, European and Middle Eastern history.

The Samurai armor do exist in this universe but it is considered such an anomaly that there's only one of them, it is well-hidden, and it bears the 'Strange' prefix. Other than that most armaments in Calradia have historical counterparts, except for the lolhammer and to some degree the 2h version of the cleaver.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2011, 03:23:59 pm »
+1
Armorpg, before I got banned, I was running around a bit in lordly hourglass and lordly gothic plate with bevor.

I had 79 body armor in total and was a full 36/3 build with a MW longsword and great maul.

Needless to say, I totally forgot how to block for a full gen because I never had to block and would win hopeless 1 v 10 situations by just spinning around and spamming whatever weapon I had at the time and would get praised for my "skills".

This.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2011, 03:38:17 pm »

pity you never met pue, vmega, pully or any other good morningstar player. usually a full STR black armor guy, go down with 3-4 well placed 8PS morningstar blows. I'm 2h with a lordly 72 armor set (rus cuirass+plate mittens) a 24/15 build. 1h swords glance until they hit me with a decent speed bonus or head slash AND 5+ PS. 2h swords hits me for good with speed bonus but often in the brawl it's a glance galore.

but also, usually a 1h hammer 3hits me. a morningstar/bec still 2-3 hits me, 2-3 LAWLpike/poleaxe thrusts still take me down.

so you light up another issue.. but if you're that confident in your armor and you don't need to block, probably the server where you play need more blunt/pierce.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2011, 03:44:54 pm »
pity you never met pue, vmega, pully or any other good morningstar player. usually a full STR black armor guy, go down with 3-4 well placed 8PS morningstar blows. I'm 2h with a lordly 72 armor set (rus cuirass+plate mittens) a 24/15 build. 1h swords glance until they hit me with a decent speed bonus or head slash AND 5+ PS. 2h swords hits me for good with speed bonus but often in the brawl it's a glance galore.

but also, usually a 1h hammer 3hits me. a morningstar/bec still 2-3 hits me, 2-3 LAWLpike/poleaxe thrusts still take me down.

so you light up another issue.. but if you're that confident in your armor and you don't need to block, probably the server where you play need more blunt/pierce.

You have not quite mastered the art of heavy armor.

I could do this in NA where the average build is 27/12 with everyone using a masterwork Bec de becbin.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »
You have not quite mastered the art of heavy armor.

yeah whatever... i bow on the knees before the mighty yankee heavy STR tank master...

I could do this in NA where the average build is 27/12 with everyone using a masterwork Bec de becbin.

seems that the crowd there have yet to figure out how to aim overheads to the head or to release delayed power attacks.. and are quite nasty with a 41 pierce morningstar. ask RandomDude  :twisted:

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2011, 03:54:36 pm »
+1
yeah whatever... i bow on the knees before the mighty yankee heavy STR tank master...

seems that the crowd there have yet to figure out how to aim overheads to the head or to release delayed power attacks.. and are quite nasty with a 41 pierce morningstar. ask RandomDude  :twisted:

I ain't from US bruh, but I am pleased to know that you will bow down to me.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:17 pm »

Anything lower then studded coat, you will basicly nerf yourself.
Using Lamellar Vests, i hope you have 10 Weaponmastery, to make up for the HUGE loss in wpf. (Thus accuracy and damage)

Way too overdramatic.  I used to roll around with 1.5 head weight armor, cavalry robe with 9.5 weight, rus boots with .8 weight, mail gauntlets with .5 weight and my 147 wpf got nerfed to 120ish.  It doesn't make a big difference unless you are an archer that needs to crutch on easy mode shooting with super high wpf to shoot well.  I still roll around in same armor but have 160 wpf that gets nerfed to about 135-140.

Its not a big deal and makes sense that you should have an actual trade off - why should archers get insanely good armor protection AND no hit to their weapon proficiency??  Seems like someone was taking advantage of something that needed fixing a long time ago.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:18:50 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2011, 05:23:12 pm »
Maybe in America.

The only country that matters.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2011, 12:41:28 am »
+1
oh you're right. we should give black armor a over 9000 armor rating.. we just need you to poke their faces.

well after 3 months retiring, you should deserve a +14 armor (12%)  on heavy armor sets (upkeep, weight, and anyway the more and more spam of pierce/blunt is the actual game)

but also, a 12% on medium armors, 12% on light armors. so:

black armor: 60->67
coat of plates: 50->56
light kuyak: 42->47
black lamellar / red tunic: 36->40
studded leather coat: 30->34 (rounded up.. also 33 could work if rounded down).

actual situation:

with a silly +3 light strange armor + +3 plate mittens = 60 armor with retarded upkeep, very light weight. Just think of a 30/9 build with 85hp, 60armor... 8-9 armor weight with 3ath is enough to run comfortably, wpf penalty almost null. GG with a super cheap upkeep 30/9 weaboo+morningstar/great maul even a longsword with 10ps in good hands is something to consider.

Meh, i pay about 350 for each of my quivers, and around 700 gold for my bow. +300 for my gloves and 300+ for my armor.

Mind you that archers already got an upkeep nerf. There bows and arrows break more often then anything else. Without a constant x4-5 i actually lose gold.

But yes Corrade puts it down nicely. Shows you just how broken heirlooming is. Still i hear nobody meantion, the fact that heirlooming a plated coat x3 ie, is about as strong as a black armor, costs WAY cheaper and is WAY lighter. So why not give light armor a good heirloom value as well? It seems only reasonable for balancing matters. Since at this point, light armor users get least value for their heirloom points then any other classes.

And aside from that. Its funny how many try to pull shit onto me, like saying im exploiting bugs etc etc. But may i remind you, that most of you been crying just as much about me, as when i was using a studded leather coat. Just now that most got the knowledge that Light strage armor is actually medium armor, and heirlooms like it. people start pointing fingers and whine about it. This shows only how uneducated people are on cRPG, and how there oppinion is only based on he-said-that-she said bullshit. Dont come here, when you dont know jack-shit about what kind of equipment is actually out there.

And ps keshian, ive seen you play on your server, and in strategus. Honestly what you say, doesnt mean anything to me anymore.... you are far from being as specialized as you want people to believe.

ide rather shoot my arrows as accurate as i can, isntead of spamming arrows with some shitty wpf from a rooftop. I refrain from being a rootop spam archer, it only generates the hate we have for archers now.

Haters will hate
Emo's will cry
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:03:46 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2011, 12:43:41 am »
+1
The only country that matters.

...For Americans, since its the only country they know anyway.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2011, 12:53:49 am »
. Still i hear nobody meantion, the fact that heirlooming a plated coat x3 ie, is about as strong as a black armor, costs WAY cheaper and is WAY lighter.

That's because you only care about archer stuff  :P There's been plenty of complaining about lordly armor in general.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2011, 12:58:35 am »
That's because you only care about archer stuff  :P There's been plenty of complaining about lordly armor in general.

Yep, because i play an archer. I dont play melee. Thats why i keep myself away from those kind of threads, because i have no solid oppinion about melee's and there mechanics.
I see no need for people throwing in there uneducated half arsed oppinions, on topics they dont know shit about.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:59:58 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2011, 12:59:49 am »
I think everyone of us posting here already played archer for a gen/has an archer alt.If not, I agree, should shut their mouths.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2011, 01:00:25 am »
I think everyone of us posting here already played archer for a gen/has an archer alt.If not, I agree, should shut their mouths.

You have derpes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login