Author Topic: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me  (Read 11720 times)

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
Re: Want to hear your opinion. Show your support!
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 06:25:41 pm »
+2
The community here is Scitzophrenic - they cry for somebody to be removed. Then they cry for them to be put back into power.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 11:58:11 pm »
+1
An admin should be someone that helps people out. Not take advantage of thier mistakes. Nuf said.
This is my opinion and this is not targeting poophammer. Tears on the other hand is total opposite of poop and he/she(can't tell, too many girl avatars) is still an admin.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 12:49:46 am »
Simple fact. He did nothing to get his rights taken. This is bullshit it was the players fault. I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK IF YOU THINK ADMINS SHOULD LEAD BY EXAMPLE HE DID NOTHING AGAINST THE RULES THEY MADE A MISTAKE HE DIDN'T PLEASE GIVE ME PROOF THAT HE BROKE A RULE. He did nothing wrong and I think that the sudden choice to terminate his rights is BULLSHIT and I will continue to bring this subject up in-till either proof of what he did wrong is addressed or in-till he is reinstated.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 01:18:26 am »
who gives a shit?

seriously

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 01:24:12 am »
+3
An admin should be someone that helps people out. Not take advantage of thier mistakes. Nuf said.
This is my opinion and this is not targeting poophammer. Tears on the other hand is total opposite of poop and he/she(can't tell, too many girl avatars) is still an admin.

seeing a deal on the market and clicking ACCEPT is not taking advantages of mistakes. the only big mistake is crying to have that player punished to compensate for the item loss. because first of all he's a player and i bet all players would have done the same without thinking about it two times.

if you don't know market prices, you don't start selling stuff at random prices. if you do, it's your fault. you don't like it? make a poll to have fixed market prices for everyone.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 01:24:30 am »
I do cause I support people that deserve it. I don't agree with what he did but I hate even more how it was handled.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 01:26:20 am »
seeing a deal on the market and clicking ACCEPT is not taking advantages of mistakes. the only big mistake is crying to have that player punished to compensate for the item loss. because first of all he's a player and i bet all players would have done the same without thinking about it two times.

if you don't know market prices, you don't start selling stuff at random prices. if you do, it's your fault. you don't like it? make a poll to have fixed market prices for everyone.

Again my point exactly!

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 01:27:49 am »
Let me just chime in here.

Brief Synopsis:
Poophammer bought an item off of the market place for a hell of a good deal, then went to sleep. A thread was made of it, and a PM sent to him. It spiraled out of control and he lost admin, all before he woke up.

My thoughts:
Even if he decided to do the right think he had no time before his admin was removed. Instead he was punished for something that he had no control over. If the community, and specifically The Wolves, had waited a bit to contact him via PM rather than crucifying him in a thread then he might still have admin.

It was the community, and specifically the EU community (who don't even frequent the NA servers enough to worry about his admin) that got it removed. Instead of treating him like a responsible adult and giving him the time to respond they decided to demand he be removed. It was nothing but a lynching and everyone involved should be ashamed. Poophammer was a good (if lenient) admin and did right by the NA community.

Conclusion:
I think that Poophammer's admin should be restored; The Wolves, and specifically Kinngrimm should apologize to Poophammer; and in a gesture of goodwill Poophammer should return the item for a refund of his money.

P.S. Churchill stop double posting. There is a "Modify" button there for a reason.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 01:32:27 am »
Let me just chime in here.

Brief Synopsis:
Poophammer bought an item off of the market place for a hell of a good deal, then went to sleep. A thread was made of it, and a PM sent to him. It spiraled out of control and he lost admin, all before he woke up.

My thoughts:
Even if he decided to do the right think he had no time before his admin was removed. Instead he was punished for something that he had no control over. If the community, and specifically The Wolves, had waited a bit to contact him via PM rather than crucifying him in a thread then he might still have admin.

It was the community, and specifically the EU community (who don't even frequent the NA servers enough to worry about his admin) that got it removed. Instead of treating him like a responsible adult and giving him the time to respond they decided to demand he be removed. It was nothing but a lynching and everyone involved should be ashamed. Poophammer was a good (if lenient) admin and did right by the NA community.

Conclusion:
I think that Poophammer's admin should be restored; The Wolves, and specifically Kinngrimm should apologize to Poophammer; and in a gesture of goodwill Poophammer should return the item for a refund of his money.

P.S. Churchill stop double posting. There is a "Modify" button there for a reason.

Btw this happened like a month after the transaction watch is the worse part.....

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 01:46:54 am »
Btw this happened like a month after the transaction watch is the worse part.....

Regardless of when it happened. The community called him out, put a noose around his neck, and destroyed him before he even had a chance to respond to the PM.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 01:52:09 am »
Regardless of when it happened. The community called him out, put a noose around his neck, and destroyed him before he even had a chance to respond to the PM.

Yep!

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 02:10:46 am »
+1
Wait now, NA Admins are now allowed to fully go into detail listing our exact concerns in public about previous decisions? I thought this was frowned upon.

Depending on how you voice those concerns, I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

I think I know where you're going with this so i'll just point out that you for example seem to get quite a few people worked up with the manner in which you "voice your concerns".

You are the only NA admin that is a C-rpg meme at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:45:10 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2011, 02:44:39 am »
Poophammer wasn't concerned at all. Dont' qoute me on this but he said something on the lines of 'I don't give a shit about adminship'

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 03:44:41 am »
+1
Thank you kindly, I shall take that as a compliment.

You are the only NA admin that is a C-rpg meme at the moment.
Multiple memes actually.

Regardless, no, that is not where I was going with that.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:47:52 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 04:36:59 am »
I think he deserved losing his admin rights.

That he didn't break any actual law doesn't mean he is suitable for being an admin.

With his action poophammer showed a weak character, being ignorant and ruthless towards others, which per definition disqualifies him from an admin role. Someone who does such ugly things on the market place will do other ugly things, too. It's only a question of time.

Setting up some rules of conduct for admins here in the forum could help preventing similar situations in the future. The basic rule could be "Don't be an asshole to any member of the cRPG community, at any place (cRPG, forum, other games, ICQ, real life, etc.), at any time, or you will lose your admin rights."

In this case poophammer clearly played the jerk and deserved his punishment. As I said, it's a sign of bad character. I never liked him, anyway, and now I got confirmed in this.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)