Author Topic: Essential Changes/Tweaks Needed in Next Patch/Update  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Essential Changes/Tweaks Needed in Next Patch/Update
« on: February 12, 2011, 05:09:58 pm »
This thread is about what people think is really important to bring more game balance to cRPG (not crazy new ideas, but rather tweaks).  Please post what you think are essential small adjustments to improve game balance and maybe by consensus of opinion we can help chadz with upcoming patches/updates.  Please provide reasons as well.  Please dont post what you disagree with what someone thinks needs changed, just post what you think needs changed and we will see from a consensus.

1.  Remove polearm stun for poleaxes and axes.  Currently sideswings get the same benefit of stunning your opponent that the traditional thrust with a spear does.  It makes elegant poleaxes and their ilk not only do more cut damage with greater reach then 2H swords (with block stun because of heaver weapons) at around same speed, but also will polearm stun opponents so that you have to block twice before swinging back every ime you get hit.  Doesnt make much sense for these weapons as theya re cut damage just like swords and are primarily swung not thrust.  Also with that the elegant poleaxe should not be a balanced weapon as it it a long giant axe like the others.

2.  Allow bows to hold shots for more then 1/2-1 second before reticule rapidly expands and shots go randomly haywire left/right/up/down of where you are aiming.  Maybe keep it for longbow (very tough to pull so harder to hold shot), but when you have 8 powerdraw with a weak 20 pound khergit bow you should be able to hold your shots for slightly longer allowing you to track and aim.  Maybe add a few more cut damage to longbow as most damage is from the pierce with arrows and the slight difference in cut damage is hardly noticeable when hitting targets so currently over half the archers use strong bow (shoot speed still decent, much higher rate of fire, and slightly less cut damage).  Return some diversity in choosing bows by having real tradeoffs.  Right now lot of quick shots, but if you have a weak bow you should be able to hold your shot for a longer time and actually aim.  part of the problem too is with the slower draw speeds it makes it incredibly easy to dodge archers as they have to release within a second of drawing their arrow or have a shot go haywire.

3.  Switch up the xp gain.  Make it 1500 base again, but with only a 5% xp boost per retirement instead of 10%.  As of now overwhelming advantage to multiple retirees and highly discouraging to new players as going from level 30 to 31 is a nightmare at gen 1 and 2.  Maybe consider lowering level 31 to 7.5 million xp, still a grind but not so mind-numbing for new players.

4.  Readjust % chance of blockcrush, masterworking long iron mace and bar mace with high powerstrike makes them 100% crushthrough with mid 90s speed and length so no tradeoff on speed like long great maul or speed and length like great maul and mallet.

5.  Reduce damage of throwing weapons or switch to cut like archers, almost half the people ons ervers are throwers hyrbid or full as they are instant kills with anything a javelin and above with high pierce and the powerthrow boost.

6.  Readjust the wpf cost, as of now massive advantage to hybrid builds with most people going hybrids because of how cheap a second class compared to 10 more points in main class.  Bring back diversity, not everyone should be hybrid, just like not everyone should be pure class.  Maybe not so aggressive wpf cap or make it a flat rate that ends up with around the same current maximum wpf by making low level and high level wpf cost the same moderate cost of say 5 wpf each.  Jsut some tweaking is needed as right now wpf for 1-100 is same as paying for 130 to 145 on main class.  No-brainer for everyone to go hyrbid at that point as no real tradeioff with regard to wpf.  Throwers can throw almosta s well as pure throwers and fight melee at almsot exact same speeda s pure melee.  Get best of both worlds with little traderoff.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:13:01 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: Essential Changes/Tweaks Needed in Next Patch/Update
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:35:18 pm »
1. I've never really had a problem with polearm stun, however I have seen more and more complaints about it both here and in game. So I wouldn't say no to the cutting polearms losing the stun.
2. Not an archers, so can't comment on this.
3. Yes.
4. I believe the iron and bar maces are losing the crushthrough ability. That should be enough, the other crushthrough weapons are balanced by their speed and/or reach.
5. I'd rather see some proper animations for throwing and especially reloading. No more machinegun firing with axes magically appearing in your hand. And maybe a slight damage reduction.
6. Yes. There is simply no reason to go pure other than style. The amount of wpf a pure gains over a hybrid just does not compare to a secondary (read ranged) weapon.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 05:43:59 pm »
6.  Readjust the wpf cost, as of now massive advantage to hybrid builds with most people going hybrids because of how cheap a second class compared to 10 more points in main class.  Bring back diversity, not everyone should be hybrid, just like not everyone should be pure class.  Maybe not so aggressive wpf cap or make it a flat rate that ends up with around the same current maximum wpf by making low level and high level wpf cost the same moderate cost of say 5 wpf each.  Jsut some tweaking is needed as right now wpf for 1-100 is same as paying for 130 to 145 on main class.  No-brainer for everyone to go hyrbid at that point as no real tradeioff with regard to wpf.  Throwers can throw almosta s well as pure throwers and fight melee at almsot exact same speeda s pure melee.  Get best of both worlds with little traderoff.

This would actually reduce diversity on the field.
Under your changes:  2h, pole, archer, 1h, thrower, xbowmen.  6 classes.  Hybrids would be pointless (unless they go with option 2).  Currently we have those 6 classes in addition to 2h/archer, 2h/thrower, 2h/xbow, pole/archer, pole/thrower, pole/xbow, 1h/archer, 1h/thrower, 1h/xbow for double the effective "classes" on the field.  Now = more diversity.  Proposed change = 50% of current diversity.

or (and this is the smarter choice)

Hybrids will adapt and put no wpf into the 2ndary weapon (throwing or xbow).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:48:09 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:03:58 pm »
This would actually reduce diversity on the field.
Under your changes:  2h, pole, archer, 1h, thrower, xbowmen.  6 classes.  Hybrids would be pointless (unless they go with option 2).  Currently we have those 6 classes in addition to 2h/archer, 2h/thrower, 2h/xbow, pole/archer, pole/thrower, pole/xbow, 1h/archer, 1h/thrower, 1h/xbow for double the effective "classes" on the field.  Now = more diversity.  Proposed change = 50% of current diversity.

or (and this is the smarter choice)

Hybrids will adapt and put no wpf into the 2ndary weapon (throwing or xbow).

The other option would be to buff pures, but I remember you being dead set against that as well from the other hybrid thread. Do you still think that the current system, where being a hybrid is simply a far beter choice, is fine? I'd like to see more of a balance between choosing pure or hybrid.

and about the smarter choice, I'd also like to see 0 wpf throwing get a nerf. I'm not a fan of pt increasing accuracy as well as damage.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 09:31:05 pm »
Also, we could reduce all weapons damage by a third so we get more melee quality fighting (blocking, etc.) rather than spamming for the 1-hit kill.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 09:43:10 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I agree to all points!

I will think about joining your fanclub (joking) =D

Offline Immolarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Immolarious
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 10:36:25 pm »
Also, we could reduce all weapons damage by a third so we get more melee quality fighting (blocking, etc.) rather than spamming for the 1-hit kill.

Worst idea ever.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 11:22:01 pm »
Ok, i missed that part:

Worst way to fix things I've ever seen.

NO JOINING YOUR FANCLUB! + thanks for showing me that part, Immolarian ;)

Offline Perceval

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 11:30:35 pm »
power throw should REDUCE accuracy.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 11:33:11 pm »
power throw should REDUCE accuracy.

No. Should simply neither increase nor decrease accuracy - only wpfs should increase accuracy + it should be worth of increasing wpfs for throwing (not only throwing speed, but really significantly difference in reticule's size between 50 wpf in throwing and 150...)

EDIT

And i forgot about NERFING THROWING DMG A BIT, simply:

-20% of dmg to each weapon EXCLUDING tier 0 (stones) and 1 (darts, shurikens, snowflakes, wardarts). So everything above snowflakes = -20% in dmg nerf.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:36:51 pm by Dravic »

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 12:04:38 am »
1. I would go for a reduction on the stun, maybe keep it for the weaker axes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Throwing weapons are almost perfect right now. You people have to realize how inaccurate the life of a thrower really is. Even with Javelins we can't break the strong Round Shields everyone is toting around and our projectiles are slow. The only reason throwing is so rampant is that you have little need for WPF. I think WPF should increase accuracy dramatically and the base accuracy (WPF = 1) should have a huge reticule.
6. Yes. Pure classes have almost died out. Hybrids are nice but... I would like to see some players returning to pure builds.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 12:10:09 am »
7. Examine whether or not the hitboxes are where they should be, and if this is why lots of players feel blocks and strikes are going wrong occasionally.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 12:10:30 am »
Greatest idea ever! Could we fit in a re-balancing of the internal shield balance? because let's face it for all practical purposes the Round Shield line is the best.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:30:08 am by Noble Crassius »
On it.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 12:27:51 am »
(click to show/hide)
1.yes.
2.not really, changing animation to nocking then drawing would be better.
3.or rather, keep the +10% but make it harder for high gen players to retire, perhaps increase required lvl ?
4.readjust crushing mechanic, remove stun from it, lower the passing damage.
5.rather increase reduction value to make high damage less likely.
6.no, it's fine as it is. purre have more gold to spend on equipment, rather increase prices of weapons a bit, ranged weapons and top tier weapons for sure.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 12:30:16 am »
I agree with 1-4.