Author Topic: Essential Changes/Tweaks Needed in Next Patch/Update  (Read 4713 times)

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
Re: Essential Changes/Tweaks Needed in Next Patch/Update
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 01:16:11 am »
Yes. Pure classes have almost died out. Hybrids are nice but... I would like to see some players returning to pure builds.

It seems to me that cRPG has lost most of it's RPG elements/or RPG'ers. Throwing has ALWAYS been awesome guys, if anything, it's worse than before. But before, we had tons of people playing Knights, Saracen Archers, Byzantine nobles, etc etc etc, characters that had absolutely nothing to tie them into a throwing hybrid. Sticking to your theme had more common emphasis, rather than "what will give me the most advantages today?". Not sayin' it's better or worse now that that is mostly dead, but it's not what it used to be.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 01:43:42 am »
I agree with 1,2,4,5. I dont agree with 3. I agree that 6 needs re-working, but only at the top. With people considering lvl 31 to be the "endgame" level, it should be easy to figure out how to give the "pure" builds the WPF they need, without also giving more to the hybrids.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zaelious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 02:21:35 am »
It seems to me that cRPG has lost most of it's RPG elements/or RPG'ers. Throwing has ALWAYS been awesome guys, if anything, it's worse than before. But before, we had tons of people playing Knights, Saracen Archers, Byzantine nobles, etc etc etc, characters that had absolutely nothing to tie them into a throwing hybrid. Sticking to your theme had more common emphasis, rather than "what will give me the most advantages today?". Not sayin' it's better or worse now that that is mostly dead, but it's not what it used to be.

Completely agree.. The update was just too much change at once and really ruined this game for a lot of people, more than half the amount of people who played pre-patch have quit.. Servers so dead compared to then. This game is more like an FPS honestly now, it's getting a bit more like Native, which isn't what made it popular, the RPG did!

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 03:09:51 am »
Can't really agree.
Were all those archers with halberdes, plate gauntlets and leather armor or the plated greatsworders with sniper crossbow before the patch rping? Lets face it, RP possibilities are kind of limited anyway, what you can do is stick with your style, and I can't say I see less people doing that than before.
People just switched their sidearm really and with lighter armor overall the high damage spamable throwing weapons are now a better sidearm than ever. Who cares that they can't be shot at range when you just want to spam them for a few cheap kills before you get into a melee?
Thing is simply things that give a huge advantage to anyone using them shouldn't exist. If people want to play a thrower or archer or cavalryman, they can play it just fine when the disadvantages balance out the advantages, anyone else will not bother to pick it up then.

Offline Z_E_N

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 03:49:16 am »
I heavily agree with #6.

It isn't just "pures" that are at a disadvantage, but any AGI character.

The only thing going for an AGI character is their attack speed, but as it is right now the difference between a 27/12 with 4 WM and a 15/24 with 8 WM when it comes to attack speed is pretty much nothing.  Sure...those extra ~25 to 30 points that you will actually get for spending FOUR extra skill points might help a tiny bit, but not enough to give you any advantage over a high PS character that can kill you in one shot because you decided to go AGI.

Pre-patch the AGI spam was a bit intense, but now; people attack so slowly it's like you are playing against all peasants.  Perhaps a rebalance of the scaling just a tiny bit?

Offline Seprest

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 08:49:17 am »
I like all these points.  Any move, even slight balance changes, would be a move for the better.

And to the guy above me, people attack very fast :)  just go back to native and see what you consider "slow"  People dont swing 2h's in giant arcs in split seconds.  high lvls can still swing 2h as fast as 1h most of the time, if they spec right.  People attack slowly, deal with it, because it's not really that slow at all!  pick up an 80 lb sword!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:52:39 am by Seprest »

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 11:01:21 am »
just to add to the crushthrough thing... great maul needs to take more strength. its retarded when people can have 4-5 powerstrike and 7-9 athletics and have 100% crushthrough with a great maul... it makes it impossible to beat people who use it if they are good enough at manual blocking (at least in a 1v1 situation) they simply go: Block, Overhead, Block, Overhead. eventually they will hit you because you cant get out of their range when they are faster than you... and you cant block them because they 100% crush. i can deal with the 100% crush... but it should take 7+ powerstrike and as such cut down their athletics and wm enough that they cant keep you in their range all the time and match you swing speed. (sorry to a certain someone (who is cool.. but evil)... but you must be nerfed!)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 11:11:17 am »
Why not make an RP server? Just a large town map where you...
RP..

Yup. This would be nice, or at least a tavern map. As well as a Full Invasion type thing.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 01:01:40 pm »
1. I agree, only blunt weapons should stun.
2. Can't comment, I'm not archer.
3. Agreed, the gap between high-gen people and low-gen is too wide, just think that a gen11 char gets double XP (basically they can do 1-31 in the same time a gen1 does 1-30). The 8.7 mil for 31 it's ok, lowering it would make retirements even faster.
4. Barmace and Long Iron Mace already announced to lose crushthrough next patch. The other maces are balanced by their low speed and range.
5. Agreed, throwing should be switched to cut damage, and they should also get another slower animation, it's retarded that a thrower with no WPF can shoot faster than an archer.
6. Agreed, hybrids should be jack of all trades, masters of none, now they are just jack of all trades with no disadvantages.

Offline DoggsofWar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 02:07:38 pm »
In my opinion 2H/Polearm spamming is a issue that could be fixed by adding a pause if swing misses. Those weapons are long and heavy and should in no way be able to run into a group and spam away.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 05:07:40 pm »
just to add to the crushthrough thing... great maul needs to take more strength. its retarded when people can have 4-5 powerstrike and 7-9 athletics and have 100% crushthrough with a great maul... it makes it impossible to beat people who use it if they are good enough at manual blocking (at least in a 1v1 situation) they simply go: Block, Overhead, Block, Overhead. eventually they will hit you because you cant get out of their range when they are faster than you... and you cant block them because they 100% crush. i can deal with the 100% crush... but it should take 7+ powerstrike and as such cut down their athletics and wm enough that they cant keep you in their range all the time and match you swing speed. (sorry to a certain someone (who is cool.. but evil)... but you must be nerfed!)

What about increasing the strength requirements for weapons and armor.  So to use some kind of long heavy maul you need 21 strength, blacka rmor would require 24 strength, etc.  especially for the high tier weapons and armor so you can't just use every weapon and armor in the game with an 18/18 build?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 05:27:32 pm »
What about increasing the strength requirements for weapons and armor.  So to use some kind of long heavy maul you need 21 strength, blacka rmor would require 24 strength, etc.  especially for the high tier weapons and armor so you can't just use every weapon and armor in the game with an 18/18 build?

I agree.

Offline Pavel

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Posobilo
  • IRC nick: Posobilo
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »
This thread is about what people think is really important to bring more game balance to cRPG (not crazy new ideas, but rather tweaks).  Please post what you think are essential small adjustments to improve game balance and maybe by consensus of opinion we can help chadz with upcoming patches/updates.  Please provide reasons as well.  Please dont post what you disagree with what someone thinks needs changed, just post what you think needs changed and we will see from a consensus.

1.  Remove polearm stun for poleaxes and axes.  Currently sideswings get the same benefit of stunning your opponent that the traditional thrust with a spear does.  It makes elegant poleaxes and their ilk not only do more cut damage with greater reach then 2H swords (with block stun because of heaver weapons) at around same speed, but also will polearm stun opponents so that you have to block twice before swinging back every ime you get hit.  Doesnt make much sense for these weapons as theya re cut damage just like swords and are primarily swung not thrust.  Also with that the elegant poleaxe should not be a balanced weapon as it it a long giant axe like the others.

2.  Allow bows to hold shots for more then 1/2-1 second before reticule rapidly expands and shots go randomly haywire left/right/up/down of where you are aiming.  Maybe keep it for longbow (very tough to pull so harder to hold shot), but when you have 8 powerdraw with a weak 20 pound khergit bow you should be able to hold your shots for slightly longer allowing you to track and aim.  Maybe add a few more cut damage to longbow as most damage is from the pierce with arrows and the slight difference in cut damage is hardly noticeable when hitting targets so currently over half the archers use strong bow (shoot speed still decent, much higher rate of fire, and slightly less cut damage).  Return some diversity in choosing bows by having real tradeoffs.  Right now lot of quick shots, but if you have a weak bow you should be able to hold your shot for a longer time and actually aim.  part of the problem too is with the slower draw speeds it makes it incredibly easy to dodge archers as they have to release within a second of drawing their arrow or have a shot go haywire.

3.  Switch up the xp gain.  Make it 1500 base again, but with only a 5% xp boost per retirement instead of 10%.  As of now overwhelming advantage to multiple retirees and highly discouraging to new players as going from level 30 to 31 is a nightmare at gen 1 and 2.  Maybe consider lowering level 31 to 7.5 million xp, still a grind but not so mind-numbing for new players.

4.  Readjust % chance of blockcrush, masterworking long iron mace and bar mace with high powerstrike makes them 100% crushthrough with mid 90s speed and length so no tradeoff on speed like long great maul or speed and length like great maul and mallet.

5.  Reduce damage of throwing weapons or switch to cut like archers, almost half the people ons ervers are throwers hyrbid or full as they are instant kills with anything a javelin and above with high pierce and the powerthrow boost.

6.  Readjust the wpf cost, as of now massive advantage to hybrid builds with most people going hybrids because of how cheap a second class compared to 10 more points in main class.  Bring back diversity, not everyone should be hybrid, just like not everyone should be pure class.  Maybe not so aggressive wpf cap or make it a flat rate that ends up with around the same current maximum wpf by making low level and high level wpf cost the same moderate cost of say 5 wpf each.  Jsut some tweaking is needed as right now wpf for 1-100 is same as paying for 130 to 145 on main class.  No-brainer for everyone to go hyrbid at that point as no real tradeioff with regard to wpf.  Throwers can throw almosta s well as pure throwers and fight melee at almsot exact same speeda s pure melee.  Get best of both worlds with little traderoff.
only 1 & 2 ideas are good

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 06:35:04 pm »
7. Restore the arrow speed to what it was when I still specialized in long range anti-archer archery. I can't hit shit anymore. I used to take out moving targets from a distance too.   :cry:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.