Author Topic: HOMOPHOBIA  (Read 15625 times)

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: HOMOPHOBIA
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »
+1
Being Gay is a gift from Jesus!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmuDebV5JJU
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2012, 09:08:43 pm »
Homophobia, racism, paedophilia, jokes about rape etc are unacceptable in real world.

When I tried to mention that online I got flamed for having no sense of humour and to grow up (I am actually embarrisingly old, took up online games when too old for rugby). One even claimed he was "roleplaying a homophobic rapist cos that was what they were like in medieval times", he was very impressed by his primary school debating skills, the utter pillock. All these sort of reponses show is their lack of any kind of perspective or empathy.

Plus I know a couple of gay rugby players who were amoungst the toughest guys I have ever met. Even rugby players are grown up enough to not give a crap if someones gay and they can be pretty bloody puerile.

Unfortunately the online community in general contains many idiots with pretty severe personality issues.

Well done to the guy for raising this thread.

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2012, 09:53:30 pm »
Homophobia, racism, paedophilia, jokes about rape etc are unacceptable in real world.

When I tried to mention that online I got flamed for having no sense of humour and to grow up (I am actually embarrisingly old, took up online games when too old for rugby). One even claimed he was "roleplaying a homophobic rapist cos that was what they were like in medieval times", he was very impressed by his primary school debating skills, the utter pillock. All these sort of reponses show is their lack of any kind of perspective or empathy.

Plus I know a couple of gay rugby players who were amoungst the toughest guys I have ever met. Even rugby players are grown up enough to not give a crap if someones gay and they can be pretty bloody puerile.

Unfortunately the online community in general contains many idiots with pretty severe personality issues.

Well done to the guy for raising this thread.

****edit**** Thanks for your post woody. I'm sorry misunderstanding it, I got so sure getting attacked in all ways posting this I red too fast your post and thought you were making sarcasm designating me by the idiots. PM sent. English isn't my primary language and I read a little too fast depending. I'll reread slower next time.

-The rest of the post- I'm not requiring to stop telling the my old friend word. I'm telling I'm tired of getting entire gay blasting sessions that are started by specific individuals (very often the same) that last for entire games when a single racist word isn't accepted and and bannable. I think I would even be less affected if I didn't realized racist was not ok and homophobia was.

Even more, I have a sense of humor just look at the joke I just laughed. But people push it to really attack people for the fun to continue. It's that the limit I wouldn't accept. I would only intervene in gayblasting sessions, otherwise the message is sent that it's not ok to attacks other races but homos it's fine. There are people affected that get the message.

Also exhibiting is an answer to attacks just like you can see in this post. There would be no exhibiting culture if there wasn't repressing attacks.

Being gay isn't comparable to pedophilia, pedophilia is exclusively sexual, gay is a way of expressing your love towards somebody else. I think you've understood that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:45:21 pm by Nyalan »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »
+1
I think he was on your side, actually.  Saying the rugby community is full of respect and his gay bros owned scrubs on the rugby field and no one ever said 'lol bundle of sticks'

Then he retired from rugby, started playing games, and didn't quite get why people ramble on and on with gay bashing shtick.

I do get it.  Its because people are unfunny, unoriginal, and if they have nothing to say they just say "bundle of sticks"

Actual hate speech and stuff like that targeted at individuals for their percieved orientation and stuff like that is not and was never acceptable.  What most people in this thread probably are thinking about is going "lol my old friend horse xbows are gay" and stuff like that.  Which I admit while pretty dumb, are common turns of phrase and I wouldn't enforce that level of censorship.  Just when people are trying to hurt others for no reason, whether it be crazy rants, hilarious "trolling" or whatever just report it to an admin.

Sadly threads like this are not the way to change peoples perspectives and opinions.  Pretty much nothing would, anyways.  Hell 1/3 of america still thinks Obama isn't even an american.. and over half think gay marriage should be outlawed.  People hold views until the day they die because they lack empathy, and critical thinking skills to evaluate what they believe and how others actually feel when they share different perspectives.  Oh well.  Fuck them.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:08:02 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2012, 10:06:03 pm »
+1
gay is a way of expressing your love towards somebody else.

...Which is pedophilia, too.

Im not saying pedophilia is ok or on the same level as homosexuality, no, pedophilia is definately not ok while homosexuality is, but Pedophilia is beeing sexually attracted to children, and often enough, also to fall in "love" with them, as far as that is even possible.

Pedophilians mostly dont want to hurt children, and many of them even live a hermit- kind of life because they fear their own sexuality.

Most Sexual crimes against kids are commited by "normal" people, not pedophilians.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2012, 10:15:22 pm »
...Which is pedophilia, too.

Im not saying pedophilia is ok or on the same level as homosexuality, no, pedophilia is definately not ok while homosexuality is, but Pedophilia is beeing sexually attracted to children, and often enough, also to fall in "love" with them, as far as that is even possible.

Pedophilians mostly dont want to hurt children, and many of them even live a hermit- kind of life because they fear their own sexuality.

Most Sexual crimes against kids are commited by "normal" people, not pedophilians.

You're right Berserk. I was meaning the love in the emotional sense, not just sexual. Or a love that is possible, sane and reciprocal.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2012, 10:18:18 pm »
+1
Well, Pedophilians can have "Love" in an emotional way for kids, too.Though It´s probably not even remotely the same as normal Love.It´s more likely just some sort of Affection.

Still, the comparison with pedophilia isnt really a good one.

And if it´s only because just comparing that is a mockery to Homosexuality.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2012, 10:29:12 pm »
I think he was on your side, actually.  Saying the rugby community is full of respect and his gay bros owned scrubs on the rugby field and no one ever said 'lol bundle of sticks'

Then he retired from rugby, started playing games, and didn't quite get why people ramble on and on with gay bashing shtick.

I do get it.  Its because people are unfunny, unoriginal, and if they have nothing to say they just say "bundle of sticks"

Actual hate speech and stuff like that targeted at individuals for their percieved orientation and stuff like that is not and was never acceptable.  What most people in this thread probably are thinking about is going "lol my old friend horse xbows are gay" and stuff like that.  Which I admit while pretty dumb, are common turns of phrase and I wouldn't enforce that level of censorship.  Just when people are trying to hurt others for no reason, whether it be crazy rants, hilarious "trolling" or whatever just report it to an admin.

Sadly threads like this are not the way to change peoples perspectives and opinions.  Pretty much nothing would, anyways.  Hell 1/3 of america still thinks Obama isn't even an american.. and over half think gay marriage should be outlawed.  People hold views until the day they die because they lack empathy, and critical thinking skills to evaluate what they believe and how others actually feel when they share different perspectives.  Oh well.  Fuck them.

Sorry if I didn't see if you were on my side woody. Checkout the upper post, I have changed it.

I really appreciate your help smoothrich. This is pretty much the thing why I've made all this, to help people deserve a recognition over the other minorities. I have no intention of asking to ban every bundle of sticks word.

What most people in this thread probably are thinking about is going "lol my old friend horse xbows are gay" and stuff like that. 

This is an example of when it's not necessary to intervene. This person who says this isn't probably directing consciously his words towards gays. And he's not spreading gay hate messages. The bad thing is that it can lead to a gay blasting session where everyone calls others a bundle of sticks... That's more what I was hoping that could have a warning from an admin, when it's been 6 minutes people have nothing else to say than bundle of sticks, gay or homo references word games. Otherwise, I wouldn't intervene in messages like this one would've said.

I hope others can follow your example because it is really noble of you to do it. +1 honor points
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:39:47 pm by Nyalan »

Offline joespose

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: JoesToes
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2012, 12:51:36 am »
+2
i'm late to the party but i offer this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ASZsMRzqhs

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2012, 12:57:36 am »
I suspect everybody knows my stance on this so without being too redundant maybe I can add a pinch in.

I would like to take a moment and rewind a few decades when racist terms such as "friend" were accepted widely.  I would probably say it was as common then as my old friend is now.  Change is the most difficult thing to to as human beings but in the words of Ghandi, "become the change you want to see in the world".  I know for certain that in time this word intended as an insult with a double meaning will dissipate into nothingness and a new slur will be developed which will spark the next thread of fury.

In response to Smoothrich, I am curious if this game were developed 40 years ago with internet existing, what would you say if there were a thread titled "RACISM" and there were people kindly asking others to stop saying friend.  Would you still say that by not using that word, it would turn into a christian game and all fun would go away?  Fun doesn't disappear by saying two words.  I don't suspect any of us really play this game because we can type my old friend or Your gay. 

Change will come in a matter of time but those who evoke the change will be the ones worth remembering.  "Become the change you want to see in the world".

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2012, 02:30:32 am »
+1

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2012, 02:51:16 am »
Only mentioned rugby because the homophobic terms seem to be used to imply weakness etc, in my experience the only difference between gay/straight men in real life as opposed to on television is their sexual inclination. Seems obvious really.

Even if this was not true using gay as an insult would be unacceptable, but since it is it makes the insults even more absurb.

One reason why some insults are unacceptable is due to historical persecution/discrimination in real terms. Since blacks/gays have suffered a history of persecution, both legally and in general society, the wish to stop this and change peoples attitudes is important. Demeaning sections of society seen as different even in jest reinforces poeples beliefs and makes them think such views are acceptable. They are not.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2012, 02:55:03 am »
its really not homophobia. doesnt mean were afraid. also it also makes wonder why 1 guy gets to mruin everyones fun

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2012, 02:59:32 am »
+1
Every time you close your eyes, an imaginary gay man's imaginary penis rises from the murk, bowing ominously in your direction, sensing your discomfort. Laughing. Mocking. Possibly even winking. How dare they, this man and his penis? How dare they do this to you?

Obviously you can't fight the big gay penis in your head. It has no physical form, so you can't get a grip on it, much as you'd like to. You'd love to grab it and throttle it until it splutters its last. That might bring you closure.

This was worth several laughs.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2012, 03:03:22 am »