Author Topic: HOMOPHOBIA  (Read 14755 times)

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
HOMOPHOBIA
« on: November 11, 2011, 05:45:18 am »
+2
Ok I could just say nothing and continue playing and try to just not read what people try to write, but I am starting to be really tired about the number of times I hear the word bundle of sticks in game. This is the best new game I've ever player since 8 years...

I know we're a minority, but we're here. And we hear you, and you can't even say anything about in game because every one can get on your back and vote-ban or vote-kick you without any problem because it's a majority vote, and with the number of people I see saying the word bundle of sticks every time I connect I can assure that trying to intervene ingame about it would surely get you kicked in a matter of time, and hated above that. I have seem homophobic names, my old friend_cher name of player, my old friendmercury, sucks_for_bucks (ok this last one may be with respect, I say MAY be), and I forget some. It's like, everyone spend all their anger over gays. They get killed by an archer, they insult gays. Calvary is overpowered? They attack gays. It's also a great fun to disrespect us anytime of the game , and anytime of the day. This wastes my mood sometimes. I'm trying to relax from my day and have fun when I get insulted all time, and you see everyone wasting this great game, for a little more fun. I have attached a snapshot of an example of people saying that gays should be banned from the game. And I really think this has blocked from liking the game lots of new players because the atmosphere is absolutely disrespectful. I just don't know who's the idiot who invented the word ''bundle of sticks'' (sorry If I call him like that), but he didn't realized all the harm he would have done.

I guess I could just continue playing and say nothing, but honestly I'm tired of getting in a little worst mood or have less fun every time I see somebody who wants to have a little more fun lacking openly respect, or passing his anger over the back of people who are good people and have done them nothing.

I think respect should be one thing important and one the respected values. And trust me, I know there are gays that have had problem accepting themselves because they thought they'll suffer from homophobia all their lives seeing such environment, and that made all sort of problems in their lives and around them. Still I know, might probably not be for many people to really hurt other people, but to have a little fun... But there are other ways to do it, or ways with respect. I even laugh at gay jokes when they are made with respect.

Thanks

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:08:55 am by Nyalan »

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
Re: HOMOPHOBIA
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 06:12:06 am »
+10
Report to an admin using "I" chat.

Admins try to keep a non-threatening atmosphere, but we cannot just kick everyone, every second of everyday that says the word "gay" or "bundle of sticks."

If you are finding it offensive, please don't stay quiet about it. Using the admin chat or irc can get you in touch with an admin quickly, and I guarantee they won't stand idly by if someone is being deeply offended.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:18:48 am by Anwyl »

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:13:51 am »
Its kinda everywhere in the real world as well. The people talking trash all the time are really suffering inside.
They get what they deserve eventually.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 06:22:51 am »
+7
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:32:28 am »
+2
Epic troll post OP, +1
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 06:43:18 am »
+2
Really, need a thicker skin perhaps.

That said...

Somedays I think, this has to be the smartest community, because they are playing this game.

Then I see the insults in chat, 'bundle of sticks' being a favoured one of the weak minded. It's depressing, really, that not one iota spent on typing something at least moderately funny. I tend to troll these people, for their willingness to bend to the winds compels me. It is these winds, these trends that drive apes to parrot every insult, and also their thinking if they allow it to become a habit, leading to facist mob mentality and loss of any personal original thought.

Miraculously, only two nights ago, there seemed to have been 3-4 whole and complete hours of not one utterance of 'gay' 'bundle of sticks' used as an insult.

BRD I believe started it, with some innovative 'compliments' that had my chuckling - I salute you fellows, and others joined in.

examples:
Your flamberge is like a pole dancer.

Masterful use of the scimitar.

Fuck sake people, make an effort.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 06:54:16 am »
Really, need a thicker skin perhaps.

That said...

Somedays I think, this has to be the smartest community, because they are playing this game.

Then I see the insults in chat, 'bundle of sticks' being a favoured one of the weak minded. It's depressing, really, that not one iota spent on typing something at least moderately funny. I tend to troll these people, for their willingness to bend to the winds compels me. It is these winds, these trends that drive apes to parrot every insult, and also their thinking if they allow it to become a habit, leading to facist mob mentality and loss of any personal original thought.

Miraculously, only two nights ago, there seemed to have been 3-4 whole and complete hours of not one utterance of 'gay' 'bundle of sticks' used as an insult.

BRD I believe started it, with some innovative 'compliments' that had my chuckling - I salute you fellows, and others joined in.

examples:
Your flamberge is like a pole dancer.

Masterful use of the scimitar.

Fuck sake people, make an effort.

that was pretty fun. we had a drinking game that involved complimenting anyone who killed you... and you had to compliment them aloud on TS, then in game. it was pretty awesome, although the quality of compliment decreased as the night went on.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 07:18:50 am »
that was pretty fun. we had a drinking game that involved complimenting anyone who killed you... and you had to compliment them aloud on TS, then in game. it was pretty awesome, although the quality of compliment decreased as the night went on.

As the only sober one, found it highly, highly amusing.  Ha a tougher time myself until I mad sure to make the compliment a sexual innuendo.  Liekd the end-stage where you ahd to have a dessert, compliment, and sexual reference all mixed together.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 07:19:47 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

They don't mean to insult your kind but people have eventually turned the words into insults. Theyre not referring to you guys but just as a general insult its like black people calling each other N WORD and white people calling NON BLACKS N word too . ALSO other words i shall not mention that dont mean the literal thing but are still used as an insult
Ca$hville 615

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 07:20:51 am »
+2
I agree. I find it also annoying, and I don't see why people can say that word, but not the "n word," etc.

Even admins use that word, and admins don't do anything about it. People are ignorant and disrespectful, and it won't change unless admins enforce it or it is made a rule.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:53 am »
LETS ALL MOVE ON TO D AND L WORD NAO   8-) 8-) 8-)
Ca$hville 615

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 07:49:46 am »
+7
"Your kind." Smooth, Allers. Smooth.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 07:56:41 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB-Ct8J0LT0&feature=related
This ^

Epic troll post OP, +1

And This ^

And if you were really wanting to go down this road the only logical end to it would be to kick/ban/mute anyone that calls anyone ANY name as an insult.  Period.

Which might not be a bad thing, but it'd be much easier if the devs would find a way for us to simply disable chat altogether.

*Homophobia is such a moronic term btw.  I have yet to meet in my entire life someone that you would refer to as 'homophobic' actually being SCARED/FRIGHTENED of gay people.  If you have met someone that goes into a paralysis or runs screaming in terror when he sees gay people then I'll stand corrected.*
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:58:49 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 08:14:33 am »
+2
When I first joined cRPG, I voiced this issue in private to the NA admins. They told me then what Gorath just said. It would be too hard to enforce, as the great majority spout homophobic slurs. And after a year of cRPG, I do, too. So we're all a part of the problem, and I don't see it changing anytime soon, but I do believe a community-driven effort would improve it. All it would take is several major clans to encourage a polite, positive outlook.

But I'm not going to take the effort. Are you?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:15:36 am by Kalam »