Author Topic: HOMOPHOBIA  (Read 14758 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: HOMOPHOBIA
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 08:17:24 am »
Please show me a game where people don't call eachother "gay" or "bundle of sticks".

And just like Allers said, these words are used as an insult, doesn't mean that the person is homophobic.

You are causing unnecessary drama.

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 08:30:14 am »
Please show me a game where people don't call eachother "gay" or "bundle of sticks".

And just like Allers said, these words are used as an insult, doesn't mean that the person is homophobic.

You are causing unnecessary drama.

I know, as I said, people are not necessarily meaning to disrespect others. But also, the word bundle of sticks has a pejorative meaning that people use usually for an insult. That means, as it is more often used to insult than to be kidding, that it's necessary to specify that it's used with respect. Also, it doesn't means that if it's used elsewhere like on other games that it's an acceptable way to treat others. In my opinions, gamers are somehow disrespectful on many matters, but I don't intend to change the world. Simply, someone had to say it, hoping people would react.

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 08:35:00 am »

http://youtu.be/AjmhhpkmPig

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 08:47:11 am »
At the risk of starting up that ever mod-angering discussion:  If you can't figure out the difference between insulting someone because of their ethnicity (race, though I hate that term since we're all humans) and their sexual preference then you make baby raptor jesus weep.

If there was a simple word to call someone that likes to cover their naked body in hummus, while hiding a bananna up their butt and singing the star spangled banner with sparklers on their nipples as they masturbated would people get all up in arms for using that word as an insult or to make fun of people?  I highly doubt it.

After all, the classic BUTTFUCKER or COCKSUCKER seem to be just fine to use.   :rolleyes:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 08:57:54 am »
I think it can be used with respect, but it's touchy, because some people already get attacked in other contexts and develop a bad feeling about themselves. I've already insulted a friend in a joke, words can be used in a lot of ways, and it's cool. But it's difficult to know that the people is really respectful when you just hear a bunch of people calling themselves names to probably insult while being frustrated. It really depends on the context and how it's done. You can check that yourself. I know how I feel, and I know how many friends felt. And even if it's not homophobic (which I think 95% of people are not really homophobic, and in a group many pretend to be because they fear to be rejected if they don't), it can have an impact.

*****EDIT***** Or like when I hit somebody by accident and the guy calls me bundle of sticks after bumping me with his horse. There are more contexts like this. I think it's not like there isn't any problem, and we can't just let it go by saying everything is fine, and it's my perception that has a problem.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:11:55 am by Nyalan »

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 10:48:32 am »
Ok i just want to add my 2 cents on this one.

There is two side of the medals, homosexual peoples get angry because they are called gay or bundle of stickss or whatever.

But there is tons of gay peoples in this community that just explicitly tell peoples how they fucked their boyfriend or how they sucked a big fat cock, and how they love to take it in the ass and get their shit pushed, and after that they cry because peoples tell them shut up bundle of sticks. I mean you dont want to be call a my old friend well dont talk about it, you dont need to make yourself a special person by announcing that your gay and tell everyone what you do in your bed.

We dont hear stories of heterosexual peoples saying how they fucked their girlfriends or wife in the back ect...
So shut up about the my old friend stories and stop making yourself special like attention whores.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 10:52:35 am »
But there is tons of gay peoples in this community that just explicitly tell peoples how they fucked their boyfriend or how they sucked a big fat cock, and how they love to take it in the ass and get their shit pushed, and after that they cry because peoples tell them shut up bundle of sticks. I mean you dont want to be call a my old friend well dont talk about it, you dont need to make yourself a special person by announcing that your gay and tell everyone what you do in your bed.

We dont hear stories of heterosexual peoples saying how they fucked their girlfriends or wife in the back ect...
So shut up about the my old friend stories and stop making yourself special like attention whores.

Lolwut, are you sure you are reading the right forums?

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 10:54:08 am »
What i am trying to explain is i was playing at some times where shit like that was going and admins were in the servers doing nothing about this kind of crap. And OP want peoples using the word my old friend as an insult to get punished.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 10:57:49 am »
You heard actual homosexuals talk about their sexual encounters in general chat?

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 10:58:52 am »
Yes and admins were on the server playing, and i keep asking admins to tell them to shut up about that shit and nothing was done.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 11:02:16 am »
How did you know they were really gay and not just kidding?

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 11:05:40 am »
Whatever they were gay or not the kind of subject was not acceptable and the admins didnt do shit. So dont tell me admins is gonna start punishing peoples for using the word my old friend or bundle of sticks.

And this is without mentioning tons of peoples are racist towards french/french canadian on the servers and admins dont do shit either.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 11:24:34 am »
This ^

And This ^

And if you were really wanting to go down this road the only logical end to it would be to kick/ban/mute anyone that calls anyone ANY name as an insult.  Period.

Which might not be a bad thing, but it'd be much easier if the devs would find a way for us to simply disable chat altogether.

*Homophobia is such a moronic term btw.  I have yet to meet in my entire life someone that you would refer to as 'homophobic' actually being SCARED/FRIGHTENED of gay people.  If you have met someone that goes into a paralysis or runs screaming in terror when he sees gay people then I'll stand corrected.*

Dude you'll think in another way when a big bear with a biiiiig golden dildo would be chasing you alongside his other 2 gay big bear friends ''Raul and Bruce''.

They would be rough!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 11:36:12 am »
+3
*pukes* there are gays playing cRPG?I quit. :lol:
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."