Author Topic: NA Server Crisis  (Read 23199 times)

Offline Delimber

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Green Manalishi with a two pronged crown
    • View Profile
Re: NA Server Crisis
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:22 am »
Here is what ATS is afraid of, goons make a 150 man NA server and of course everyone flocks to it and then their servers which the player base seems to have to fund loses its appeal. People will always move to the bigger server.

This works on multiple levels, ATS can close their 80 man server, Goons open up a 150 man and dont beg us for donations (which i always donate to anyhow) and ATS can afford their one server and the best benefit is that we gain 70 slots overall for the community.

Likely the goons would be better admins as well, less serious and more fun to play around with. I doubt gaga would threaten me with a ban when someone asks me whats the most kills I have ever gotten and when I answer I am threatened with "I warned you about bragging thulsa, one more and your banned".

Offline LLJK_DirtyCajun

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Death to Infidel City
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Broback_Mantan Brobike_Motorman
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 11:21:46 am »
Here is what ATS is afraid of, goons make a 150 man NA server and of course everyone flocks to it and then their servers which the player base seems to have to fund loses its appeal. People will always move to the bigger server.

This works on multiple levels, ATS can close their 80 man server, Goons open up a 150 man and dont beg us for donations (which i always donate to anyhow) and ATS can afford their one server and the best benefit is that we gain 70 slots overall for the community.

Likely the goons would be better admins as well, less serious and more fun to play around with. I doubt gaga would threaten me with a ban when someone asks me whats the most kills I have ever gotten and when I answer I am threatened with "I warned you about bragging thulsa, one more and your banned".

To be fair I'd be paying for it and tormenting thulsa is the only reason I would log in every day.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 11:24:35 am »
You know nothing of goons if you do not know of our malicious infighting and MMO politics.

It's like watching a skater rack his nuts on something trying to show off.  Doesn't matter how many times you see the replay, it's always amusing.

I've always thought that cracker referred to someone in the piracy scene, whereas a hacker is a hacker is hacker.

Here's a little article that explains it rather well:  http://www.iwriteiam.nl/HackerDef.html

"The avatar, whom witnesses would describe as an African-American male clad head to toe in gleaming red battle armor, detonated a device that instantly filled the air with 30-foot-wide tumbling blue cubes and gaping cartoon mouths. For several minutes the freakish objects rained down, immobilizing nearby players with code that forced them to either log off or watch their avatars endlessly text-shout Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Get to the choppaaaaaaa!" tagline from Predator."

I know you chuckled, Gorath.

Well of course.   :mrgreen:  I freely admitted that I'm a fan of many of the goons hijinks, this one in particular I believe is pure comic genius.  Still doesn't mean I would trust them running a server I'm playing on.  I can appreciate, and even applaud, without wanting to be on the receiving end if possible.   :wink:  I did willingly ally with your DarkFail division after all.  Like I said, cool people... still don't trust ya.   :D
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Delimber

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 11:25:06 am »
To be fair I'd be paying for it and tormenting thulsa is the only reason I would log in every day.

Yes your constant dying to me causes me much mental anguish!!!

***oh and since your going to pay for it, west coast in or near san diego,  that is an order sailor!!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:27:11 am by Delimber »

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 11:25:47 am »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Quoting dis  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone start a Gorath.txt

Offline LLJK_DirtyCajun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Death to Infidel City
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 11:28:18 am »
Yes your constant dying to me causes me much mental anguish!!!

***oh and since your going to pay for it, west coast in or near san diego,  that is an order sailor!!!

I am in Philly, would Dallas, TX be a good compromise?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 11:31:01 am »
when I answer I am threatened with "I warned you about bragging thulsa, one more and your banned".

Off topic, who the hell ever said this?  For cereal, I'm curious because whut teh eff.

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2011, 11:31:52 am »
Off topic, who the hell ever said this?  For cereal, I'm curious because whut teh eff.

:lol: :lol: :lol: riiiiight  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 11:39:23 am »

Indeed
*I'd spam a bunch of :lol:s too but you seem to be fapping to them more than enough for the both of us.   :wink: *
Somehow I believe the bullshit detector would have a field day screaming over the idea of an admin threatening to ban someone because of "bragging".  It's a cute story though.

And why do my sig pics keep getting turned off  :evil:

Offline Delimber

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2011, 11:42:19 am »
I am in Philly, would Dallas, TX be a good compromise?

Probably not. I usually ping the chicago servers around 90-120. Dallas would likely be the same. Chicago is like midwest/east coast. We  do need a west coast server though. Maybe Vegas would be decent if they have any server farms there.
Your money though, I do genuinely hope chdaz lets you guys run a new server, i say 140-150 man would be a nice addition,.

Offline Delimber

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2011, 11:46:49 am »

It was marlboro man whoever that is,,,someiones alt from ats I suspect. I was ruthlessly killing him every rd, I am sure he has in a bad mood. I said I wasnt breaking any rules and he said Ill change the message to say anything I say is a rule how about that? Real douche about the whole episode. I assumed it was you gorath
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:48:40 am by Delimber »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2011, 11:48:07 am »
Probably not. I usually ping the chicago servers around 90-120. Dallas would likely be the same.
Well the NA servers used to be in dallas on jest servers and ping was around 20 less there from WA so it worked out better for the west coast.  I miss it. 
Your money though, I do genuinely hope chdaz lets you guys run a new server, i say 140-150 man would be a nice addition,.
Careful of the intense server lag above 120 on the server at once.  Warband net-code is terribad.
It was marlboro man whoever that is
Marlboro Man?
I honestly have no idea whose alt that is...  :(
Though it does make me want to watch that old Mickey Rourke movie I haven't seen in ages.
I assumed it was you gorath
Pffft.  If it was me you'd know it.  I don't hide when I call people out as an admin, everyone knows which two characters I play on pretty much all the time anyways.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:52:27 am by Gorath »

Offline LLJK_DirtyCajun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Death to Infidel City
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2011, 11:51:05 am »
Honestly I don't have to big a problem just straight making it west coast.

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2011, 11:52:41 am »
It was marlboro man whoever that is,,,someiones alt from ats I suspect. I was ruthlessly killing him every rd, I am sure he has in a bad mood. I said I wasnt breaking any rules and he said Ill change the message to say anything I say is a rule how about that? Real douche about the whole episode. I assumed it was you gorath
I stand corrected.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2011, 11:53:05 am »
Honestly I don't have to big a problem just straight making it west coast.

Seattle.

*But let someone else run it.  You guys would probably fuck with the setting so everyone without an LLJK tag spawned nekkid and you guys all got quintuple xp and gold rates.